Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Louis Mendez "asked" to stop doing Charlton commentaries

Comments

• Options
    Next will be SLP not being allowed into the ground or interview players etc.
  • Options
    The only conflict is the one they are creating.
  • Options
    Does this mean Louis no longer has to hold back on the podcast?

Charlton Live could be such a strong voice against the regime, perhaps Louis no longer has to pretend to be balanced??

We all know RD & KM are know-nothing bob-ends.
  • Options

What the club seem to be missing is having been freed from commentating for CAFC Louis can now be even more critical in what he says, should be choose.

He's still going to working for the BBC and SLP so they haven't shut him up.

Not sure if the tent and pissing out metaphor is well known in Belgium but I'm sure Tony Kehone will be able to explain it to you Katrien.

Precisely.

It's fairly obvious that Louis has been holding back.

What's the incentive to do so now?

Silly.
  • Options

Je Suis Louis.

hey

only i can say this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What the club seem to be missing is having been freed from commentating for CAFC Louis can now be even more critical in what he says, should be choose.

He's still going to working for the BBC and SLP so they haven't shut him up.

Not sure if the tent and pissing out metaphor is well known in Belgium but I'm sure Tony Kehone will be able to explain it to you Katrien.

I like your thinking, Henry.

A bit like a mole with insider knowledge to impart to the "opposition".

( Was going to add that he's black & white too, then realised I had my moles confused with my badgers ! DOH !)

• Options
    while it's disappointing, you can hardly be surprised by the clubs actions.

I don't think any of us, could work with someone, when there's a conflict of interest.
  • Options
    Louis, I've really enjoyed your commentaries. The club lurches from one cock up to another with such alarming regularity.
  • Options
    Bloody disgraceful - but typical
  • Options

How about a chant tomorrow of " One Louis Mendez, there's only one Louis Mendez..."

Very good Fanny,
    But i thought you were going with:

"your never gag the Charlton" but i guess that would be a conflict of interest ?

With 50 shades of Grey :smile:
  • Options
    Je suis Luis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I enjoy the Charlton Live podcasts but have always been itching for them to properly let loose on the situation rather than being so guarded. Hopefully they will get the chance to do that more going forwards.
  • Options

How about a chant tomorrow of " One Louis Mendez, there's only one Louis Mendez..."

Very good Fanny,
    But i thought you were going with:

"your never gag the Charlton" but i guess that would be a conflict of interest ?

With 50 shades of Grey :smile:
    Are you besmirching my good name, sam ?

• Options

I always find myself thinking, "surely the club can't do anything else to wind us up more" to find they have something else up their sleeve.

It's like they've got the fire hoses out to dowse the fire, but they've actually hooked it up to the supreme unleaded at BP

PLEASE don't give them ideas, moots !

Reminder for Sat - Bring the brolly.
  • Options
    So after dear old Pete Finch resigns from doing the CAFC commentary in protest at what this regime is about, Terry Smith takes over and is now assisted by Louis. Its been easy among those 3 to be able to complete the 'match thread' (remember Emma? when I couldn't describe much action due to commentary on boot colour etc).
    Now I presume it'll be down to Terry on his own, which is really difficult for 90 minutes. Unless of course, like last week, we dont get Charlton commentary and we have to put up with atrocious commentary from the likes of Hull!!
    If I was a cynic, I would even think that last weeks commentary didn't work so Terry couldn't broadcast either!!
    Sorry to hear this Louis, but you can now open up a bit more working for The Beeb and SLP.
    Better communication......yeah whatever!!

PS I wonder, if after all my emails to her, she will try and shut down the match thread?
  • Options
    I would love details.

Who asked?
    How was it 'asked'?
    What were the overt or implied sanctions?
    Who is the 'approved' commentator?
    How were the so called 'conflicts' framed or made explicit?
  • Options
    Is this why there was no Charlton commentary against Hull?
  • Options

Does this mean Louis no longer has to hold back on the podcast?

Charlton Live could be such a strong voice against the regime, perhaps Louis no longer has to pretend to be balanced??

We all know RD & KM are know-nothing bob-ends.

Charlton Live is broadcast from the Valley, but what Louis has done very well on Charlton Live is simply read out the listeners tweets and emails, probably uncomfortable listening for the powers that be.