Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Louis Mendez "asked" to stop doing Charlton commentaries

Comments

• Options
    To be replaced by the Adolf and Eva Breakfast Show. A comical pair, the male is an elusive senile old man, the female is younger, large of nose and, oh, elusive.
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afNR1clZNYc

Come on Louis do it, we all believe in you.

brilliant
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that elusive and senile were the first attributes that spring to mind when thinking of Hitler.

Chippy bigoted genocidal racist leader and corrupter would probably be closer to the truth there. While I dislike Roland a lot, I wouldn't put him in that league.
  • Options

I wouldn't say that elusive and senile were the first attributes that spring to mind when thinking of Hitler.

Chippy bigoted genocidal racist leader and corrupter would probably be closer to the truth there. While I dislike Roland a lot, I wouldn't put him in that league.

I think you need to re-read it. The comparison relates to the dictatorial censorship not the elusiveness, large nose etc. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Think there's been a bit of an overreaction to be honest. But I did make a comment about me not doing it anymore at the end of last night's podcast that had people asking me why so I clarified on Twitter. Let's move on!

An overreaction on here - No !
  • Options
    I hope they get Martin Tyler in as replacement
  • Options

I hope they get Martin Tyler in as replacement

Nah lets try and get Andy Gray so that when one of our players has the teams first shot in 10-games we can hear Gray coming out with: Take a bow son!!
  • Options

Can we assume Pete F is being re-signed on a lucrative four and a half year deal that will secure his career til his mid-thirties sixties ?

Fixed it for you!!

• Options

while it's disappointing, you can hardly be surprised by the clubs actions.

I don't think any of us, could work with someone, when there's a conflict of interest.

I dunno. I seem to work with people who struggle not to take days off sick whenever they feel theres a conflict of interest between them staying in bed or getting in and doing what they are paid for the lazy f****rs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't think any of us, could work with someone, when there's a conflict of interest.

I dunno. I seem to work with people who struggle not to take days off sick whenever they feel theres a conflict of interest between them staying in bed or getting in and doing what they are paid for the lazy f****rs.
    I'm working from home today for a similar reason - my office has basically been empty this week.

Personally, I pride myself on my ability to be drinking until the early hours and being able to work the next day still a bit pissed. The lack of perseverance in the workplace is poor.
  • Options
    This man will be our manager next as he shares the same views as the current dictatorship...sorry ownership. ;-)
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I'm working from home today for a similar reason - my office has basically been empty this week.

Personally, I pride myself on my ability to be drinking until the early hours and being able to work the next day still a bit pissed. The lack of perseverance in the workplace is poor.
    Exactly. I mean, I work in drug and alcohol treatment. Haven't these people learnt anything?
  • Options
    This decision has obviously not been made with regard to Louis quality of commentaries, which I think are (along with Terry Smith) excellent.
    I remember complaining about Emma commentating on the weather, the contents of her handbag, the game was almost incidental.
    Those who had to endure the two jokers at Hull last week would appreciate the way Louis paints a verbal picture of the match.
    The idiot who came to this decision reflects the current lack of understanding around matters involving Charlton and its supporters.
  • Options
    I wonder if CAFC player subscriptions have been affected by the Belgian Malaise - I cancelled mine last season and have no intention of renewing.
  • Options

This man will be our manager next as he shares the same views as the current dictatorship...sorry ownership. ;-)

We are no longer supporters. We are no longer customers. We are subjects.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I wonder if CAFC player subscriptions have been affected by the Belgian Malaise - I cancelled mine last season and have no intention of renewing.

AFAIK the player subscription fee doesn't go to the club anyway. It's outsourced to the football league, hence why we were able to listen in on Hulls stream last weekend.

Some clubs, like Leeds, decide to do their own subscription service and bring it in house. Wouldn't be surprised if we started doing this too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

I would love details.

Who is the 'approved' commentator?

Lord Haw Haw

• Options
    LouisMend said:

Facebook can be dangerous at times.

Oh no... Have you died?
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Absolutely outrageous, I'm a big fan of Charlton Live and Louis has done a great job at giving the fans their say whilst trying to remain impartial, in fact there are instances where he's played devils advocate just to give a differing perspective even if it isn't a view he necessarily agrees with, that's what good journalists.

If this impacts Louis to the extent that he isn't allowed to use the Valley to record Charlton Live could this be something the fighting fund could help out with ?

Open to proposals. Depends on the exact purpose and cost. Would think a "Protests Special Edition" would be a stronger candidate than general programming.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    North Korean rally

Well, another great day here at the Valley folks. Over 120,000 fans are packed into the ground, and not surprising after our recent heroic wins at Huddersfield and Hull. The fans, joyous as ever under the benign leadership of chairman Duchatalet and Colonel Meire, are all on their feet applauding the mighty reds, as the new Charlton corporate anthem 'Onwards onwards' rings out, and I can hand you over to unperson Minge for the match commentary......
  • Options
    The decision makers at the club are as thick as pig shit, by taking away his charlton commentaries he doesn't have to be careful what he says and can now slate them further and with more vengeance without having to be careful.

Well played you've just opened yourselves up to increased negativity while patting each other on the back with high fives thinking you have achieved something.
  • Options
    Louis thanks for the commentaries on CL and good luck for the future
  • Options
    Is CAFC player not meant to be a vehicle to commentate on the game rather than be a eulogy to the club?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Sorry to learn of this @LouisMend If I knew this was coming down the line I wouldn't have made reference jokingly about you looking for another job a few weeks back. Yet another rubbish act by the circus.

Remember mate, one door closes and another one opens, best of luck to you with the SLP and BBC work.