Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VOTV: club discussing building flats in The Valley as part of Jimmy Seed Stand redevelopment

Comments

• Options
    Pointless. Most of the fans have already turned their backs on the club, more will do the same next year in League One. What's the point of a 40,000 seater stadium and only 10,000 (if they're lucky) supporters? It just gives RD more power and control over the ground, land, status etc.
  • Options
    It also has a hotel inside stayen stadium that has rooms that look onto the pitch.

Welcome to the hotel Cafc! We pay you extra for a pitch view!
  • Options
    With the RD regime we are not dealing with reasonable people here. They have shown absolutely no regard for this club's community and they continue to show absolutely none.
    We now have an owner completely hostile to the supporters of Charlton Athletic.

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

It also has a hotel inside stayen stadium that has rooms that look onto the pitch.

Welcome to the hotel Cafc! We pay you extra for a pitch view!

Worcester's cricket ground has a new hotel as an integral part of the ground. Very nice it is too.
    Where would guests park at the Charlton branch of the New Campanile (see what I did there)?
  • Options
    Not content with modelling our football philosophy on Crewe he's now copying Orient's stadium. Set the bar high eh Duchatelet you tit.
  • Options
    Is Tony Keohane the poster on here last week by the moniker Cambridge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is Tony Keohane the poster on here last week by the moniker Cambridge.

wouldn't be surprised
  • Options

He's got some Keohones

I'll give him that.

Tony Cahones ha ha a nickname is born
  • Options

Who in their right mind would want to live in a football stadium? Especially with us protesting outside every weekend.

Get Roland out.

Charlton fans who don't like walking very far?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

It will be interesting to see what Katrien, Joyes & Cahones say to Roland when season ticket sales are down. They won't be able to hide behind spin then.

Maybe the Fans Forum can bring this subject up at the next meeting and ask them if this is true

Keohne's name keeps cropping up like a bad penny, somebody mentioned him to me about his ever growing involvement with club affairs yesterday. Hmmm, give him enough rope........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hex said:

I had read some comments about Tony Keohane before the supporter's meeting last November so was beginning to form a vague opinion. If I am correct, he was the guy that answered the season ticket question at that meeting. From a professional perspective I got negative vibes from him so am not surprised to hear he is KM's sidekick now.

Is it time to give Mr Keohane more attention but not the sort that will enhance his CV ?

That fella!!!

I thought he was some drip they had dragged out of the food kiosks.

God help us

• Options
    While this is concerning, I would like to see the details before passing final judgement. The JS stand certainly is a very basic structure, with a lot of wasted space due to it being built on the banking.

I always thought the original plans from the PL days of a 40k stadium were excessively large. Realistically we'll never be a permanent PL club, we're one of many clubs who will have spells in and out of the PL, and expanding the ground just to cater for the big games against Man U and Arsenal, just ends up with lots of empty seats at other times. Cardiff, for example have shut their expensive new "red" upper tier this season as they don't need it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_stadiums_in_England
  • Options
    I cant imagine Roland would want to reduce the capacity from its current amount, because of the income large away followings bring. You could say he can simply relocate the away fans and have a small new Jimmy Seed stand, but the police would probably block any relocation due to the way the away fans are perfectly segregated and easily manageable there.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Stayen (Sint Truiden). Guess which bits Roly built...

(I'm not sure that's the latest version of it, either.)

It looks like it, I was there for the pre-season game.

From the outside you'd never think there was a football pitch the other side of the shops, restaurants and offices.
    Not that this is what he's thinking, but if he were to try and replicate this type of set up at The Valley, then he really is utterly clueless. The flats bit makes sense given increased property prices in London, but there's no way a St Truiden set up makes sense.

Edit - flats bit makes sense for him that is.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I cant imagine Roland would want to reduce the capacity from its current amount, because of the income large away followings bring. You could say he can simply relocate the away fans and have a small new Jimmy Seed stand, but the police would probably block any relocation due to the way the away fans are perfectly segregated and easily manageable there.

Simple. The new Jimmy Seed stand has a token few hundred seats for normal away fan following in L1. It also has a walkway built in to the East Stand. The East Stand will be closed (avoiding refurb costs) but can be used to house large away followings (via the walkway) or home followings for special cup matches.
  • Options
    The only slight positive is that it is keohane's idea - and that Roland's response to it would be "will it make me money ? Do it then!" ....
    This of course could lead to an accidental benefit to RD by potentially giving him more control over what happen to the land etc