Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VOTV: club discussing building flats in The Valley as part of Jimmy Seed Stand redevelopment

12346»

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Supposedly , the picture posted above was a drawing from Varneys day!

The floodlights are a bit of a giveaway.
  • Options

Yeah as soon as there is any residential on the site, it seems easier for the planners to approve more.

I don't understand how you can fit on flats with a pitch view other then by building them on the roof of the stand...

I guess if you had a 20 storey block, that may be viable and that would probably fit with the Greenwich planners. Sam Bartram Close residents woikd be most affected.

More details required though.

The "Quadrant", 134 private apartments. It looks like most of those wouldn't have pitch views in Orient's case, but blocks in the corner seem to be a favoured option.
  • Options

Focused on identifying opportunities and maximising returns by understanding what the customer needs, providing clarity & empowerment to management and forming effective confident front line teams to engage customers and provide excellent service experiences.
    Accomplished at setting up and leading working teams to deliver intricate projects, which include contract openings, mobilisation of new business, property acquisition, planning application and construction programs, organisational development & structural change, new software & system integrations and building refurbishment.

Nothing like massaging your own ego on the Internet, while hoping Bill Gates gets wind of your building refurbishment (painting and decorating DIY) skills.
    LinkedIn, Facebook for tossers.
  • Options

I'm having trouble posting the image here. Apologies.

This one?

Oh jesus, where is this?
  • Options

This one?

Yes, that's the one.
    Floodlights are returning?!
  • Options

This one?

Oh jesus, where is this?
    Whitehorse Lane, London SE25 6PU
  • Options
    edited January 2016

This one?

Oh jesus, where is this?
    Sheffield, a pretty interesting story actually - http://youyouidiot.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Hiss boo, Varney out, down with Reg etc

That building looks like some sort of commercial premises, judging from the link to the West Stand. Maybe it contained a new Police Box as well.
  • Options
    This is interesting.

If Roland's next step relies upon a (partly)-residential development at The Valley, and he can't get that development through... will he be forced to admit defeat and exit?

sammy391 said:

Hiss boo, Varney out, down with Reg etc

That building looks like some sort of commercial premises, judging from the link to the West Stand. Maybe it contained a new Police Box as well.
    Was puzzled about that footbridge, what you're saying makes perfect sense though. Joint windows, not individual ones, doesn't suggest flats either.

Combined with the fact the image is pretty low-res, it does look pretty dated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    That was a Premier League era idea for an office block for the staff, with maybe some extra hospitality. Hence the bridge. Don't forget many of the staff were based at Bexleyheath for a number of years because there wasn't the space for them at The Valley.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

It will be interesting to see what Katrien, Joyes & Cahones say to Roland when season ticket sales are down. They won't be able to hide behind spin then.

Maybe the Fans Forum can bring this subject up at the next meeting and ask them if this is true

Kind of imagining a shirt marked up "Katrienjoyescahones". Might be contriving that a bit mind :smile:

• Options
    In principle, paying for a stadium enhancement and creating an additional revenue stream for Charlton through residential development isn't in itself a bad idea, if it helped a self-sustaining model (and didn't detract from the primary purpose of the stand itself, of course.

It's the risk arising from it that scares the bejesus out of me, given that their track record of open, honest communications is somewhat open to question.

Orient's example just looks out of place in a professional football club, and not sure quite who would be the market.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Why would Roland bother with a multi-year plan of running a club into the ground just so he could build some flats in London. Hes a rich man, If thats what he wanted to do surely he could just build some flats somewhere, and never bother buying a football club in the first place? Wouldnt that be cheaper and faster?

Your completely right...but that's why your wrong.

I don't know if old age has dramatically crept up on him but RD does not do logical thinking.

He likes the pointless and the mad.
  • Options
    I think RD has embarked on a grand experiment and is determined to make it work - unfortunately the details are a little vague!
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance but why is building some flats into the design of a new JS stand thought to be quite so appalling ?
  • Options

I think RD has embarked on a grand experiment and is determined to make it work - unfortunately the details are a little vague!

Probably aren't vague in his head.

Remember, it took half of the film before Goldfinger revealed his plans to Bond.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Excuse my ignorance but why is building some flats into the design of a new JS stand thought to be quite so appalling ?

Have a look at the St Trudien example and how their fans feel about their new multiplex, which they don't own.

Think it's quite natural for Charlton fans being appalled at the suggestion which;

1. Has not been voluntarily and transparently disclosed by Staprix.

2. Involves residential elements rather than commerical use

3. Is made at a time that trust in Staprix and it's intentions are at an all time low.

I am not distraught, foaming at the mouth nor am I unrealistic in my apprehension over this proposal.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Have a look at the St Trudien example and how their fans feel about their new multiplex, which they don't own.

Think it's quite natural for Charlton fans being appalled at the suggestion which;

3. Is made at a time that trust in Staprix and it's intentions are at an all time low.

I am not distraught, foaming at the mouth nor am I unrealistic in my apprehension over this proposal.
    To be fair, there's nothing to disclose yet. It's not as if they're starting demolition of the JS this week. All businesses will go through lots of ideas, most of which never happen
  • Options
    edited January 2016

PL54 said:

To be fair, there's nothing to disclose yet. It's not as if they're starting demolition of the JS this week. All businesses will go through lots of ideas, most of which never happen
    This has a bit more substance than that, but note that I haven't criticised it for being "secret" or condemned it out of hand. On the other hand, I wasn't going to keep it quiet for them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

This has a bit more substance than that, but note that I haven't criticised it for being "secret" or condemned it out of hand. On the other hand, I wasn't going to keep it quiet for them!
    I'm very glad you put it out into the open!
  • Options
    Katrien has probably called a meeting with every member of staff this week trying to sort out the leak problem they have.

"Where is this man getting his info from??"

"I believe there is a leak in the East stand toilets"