Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official 2016 Grand National Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I'm a real novice at this stuff - can anyone advise on best site for on-line betting please?
  • Options
    Thanks again Peanuts for making me look so knowledgeable, horse savvy and of course, 400% sexier with the chicks in the office...

Good luck everyone. If the big one comes in, I am buying a big feck off armoured personel carrier and invading Belgium on Monday, think it seats 10, anyone up for it?

• Options
    Davo55 said:

I'm a real novice at this stuff - can anyone advise on best site for on-line betting please?

Bob Munro would say bet365
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Davo55 said:

Betvic pay 6 places for e/w bets - may or may not be best odds of course
  • Options

Thanks again Peanuts for making me look so knowledgeable, horse savvy and of course, 400% sexier with the chicks in the office...........

Glad to oblige soapy. I guess you're a winner regardless. :smile:
  • Options

Thanks again Peanuts for making me look so knowledgeable, horse savvy and of course, 400% sexier with the chicks in the office...

Good luck everyone. If the big one comes in, I am buying a big feck off armoured personel carrier and invading Belgium on Monday, think it seats 10, anyone up for it?

Careful Soapy, there's a few people on here with a track record of signing up for invasions but then getting cold feet.
  • Options
    Ruby Walsh out the national after breaking a wrist.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

You can compare all bookies here.

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2016-04-09-aintree/17:15/winner
  • Options

Davo55 said:

I would indeed - as does most of the betting public and betting industry
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Davo55 said:

I would indeed - as does most of the betting public and betting industry
    Got to say I have accounts with every bookmaker and as frustrating as they can be when they put restrictions on my account from time to time, I use 365 the most.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bet365 has by far the easiest website to navigate around
  • Options

@PeanutsMolloy how did your betting slip go last year?

I've read your posts with interest and I've backed four other horses which I'm not sure if I regret...

Backed 6 last year.

• Top 2 rated (Chance Du Roy and Oscar Time) disappointed, as did First Lieutenant (though he ran OK after bad mistakes early doors)
    • The Druids Nephew 14/1 (very unfortunate, going brilliantly before slipping on landing and departing 5 out)
    • Monbeg Dude 33/1 (3rd and a bit unlucky in running)
    • Portrait King 66/1 (ran well, in touch but one-paced when tipping up 3 out)

Monbeg Dude got me out very slightly ahead but it was a case of "what if" for him and Druids.

I typically back 4~6 (depending on the ratings) every year:

Results since model first employed:

2006: 1st, 4th
    2007: 2nd (short head)
    2008: 1st, 2nd, 4th
    2009: 1st (100/1)
    2010: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th
    2011: 2nd, 4th
    2012: 2nd (NOSE!!!!)
    2013: 2nd, 3rd, 6th
    2014: 6th (cock up by me inputting career stats of winner meant I missed backing him - he was actually 4th best rated)
    2015: 3rd

Made me a profit in 8 out of 10 years but time for a winner!!!
    That 2012 race killed me, first year id told my mates about your model, Id have gone down in folklore had that Won.

I had £40 e/w on that, still think its won everytime I watch a replay of that race.

To boot, the same weekend I also had £10 e/w on Oosthiuzen to win the masters, Bubba somehow clawed his way back with a sensational shot to get a play off and beat him in the play off.
  • Options

@PeanutsMolloy how did your betting slip go last year?

I've read your posts with interest and I've backed four other horses which I'm not sure if I regret...

Backed 6 last year.

• Top 2 rated (Chance Du Roy and Oscar Time) disappointed, as did First Lieutenant (though he ran OK after bad mistakes early doors)
    • The Druids Nephew 14/1 (very unfortunate, going brilliantly before slipping on landing and departing 5 out)
    • Monbeg Dude 33/1 (3rd and a bit unlucky in running)
    • Portrait King 66/1 (ran well, in touch but one-paced when tipping up 3 out)

Monbeg Dude got me out very slightly ahead but it was a case of "what if" for him and Druids.

I typically back 4~6 (depending on the ratings) every year:

Results since model first employed:

2006: 1st, 4th
    2007: 2nd (short head)
    2008: 1st, 2nd, 4th
    2009: 1st (100/1)
    2010: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th
    2011: 2nd, 4th
    2012: 2nd (NOSE!!!!)
    2013: 2nd, 3rd, 6th
    2014: 6th (cock up by me inputting career stats of winner meant I missed backing him - he was actually 4th best rated)
    2015: 3rd

Made me a profit in 8 out of 10 years but time for a winner!!!
    That 2012 race killed me, first year id told my mates about your model, Id have gone down in folklore had that Won.

I had £40 e/w on that, still think its won everytime I watch a replay of that race.

To boot, the same weekend I also had £10 e/w on Oosthiuzen to win the masters, Bubba somehow clawed his way back with a sensational shot to get a play off and beat him in the play off.
    WE WOZ ROBBED :angry:
  • Options
    If anyone's interested, VICS CANVAS is now 100/1 6 places with BetVic.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

So who's going to ride my horse ?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Nina......got a fairytale written all over it.
  • Options

Nina......got a fairytale written all over it.

Nina Carberry ,now that would be something .
  • Options
    Got a text from a work colleague who lives in Liverpool, this morning

It has been raining since 8pm up here and is still raining.U will need a horse that likes soft/heavy and stays longer than the mother in law!.
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

So who's going to ride my horse ?
    victoria Pendleton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok, Victor's bets are;

Many Clouds 8/1.......because PM says so
    Vics Canvass (of course) 66/1 - gutted I placed before 100/1 though
    O'Faolains Boy 33/1.......just a niggling feeling
    The Romford Pele 40/1......because Pele and Ray Parlour kept coming up on the radio this week on Talksport
    Aachen 100/1........Peanuts again
    Just a Par 33/1.......omen given the Masters is on

......I always recall how pissed I felt overlooking Party Politics in the Election year and vowed to go with my gut and not ignore the 'signs'.

Good luck all.
  • Options
    Today's the day!

I've gone for The Last Samuri and Vics Canvas.

Good luck everyone and let's hope all horses and jockeys get round safe.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited April 2016
    Vics 50s now on BetVic, cheers CL.
  • Options
    Ooh, just realised I got Just a Par at 50/1. Cummon!!!!!
  • Options
    7mm rain overnight - Soft (GS) official at the moment but possibility of showers throughout the afternoon.

• Options
    O'Faolains Boy a Non Runner

• Options
    https://www.racebets.com/sta/landing/generic/?p=82&ap=577-612

Is Many Clouds a big enough favourite for this to be worth it? The catch is it's a £1 max stake whereas you probably have to deposit like £10.
  • Options

O'Faolains Boy a Non Runner

A lot of people were tipping him Peanuts. I've added The Druids Nephew to my slip.
  • Options
    All drifted this am, Many Clouds at 10/1, Vics at 100/1, Saint Are back to 18's, Aaranchen at 125. Bet365.
  • Options
    Peanuts have you checked the "racing to profit" site and tips for the National?That dreaded horse that may haunt us after today is one of his tips,I can't bring myself to say the name again but I have spoken to Josh this morning and he hasn't convinced me he is not mad by tipping THAT horse!!!