Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will Trump become President?

Comments

• RobRob
    edited November 2016
    I voted 3 days ago. I can't see a Trump win. He has alienated every peer group apart from white males. It's important (for Hillary) that those groups come out and vote though.
  • edited November 2016
    Let us spare a thought for of all the wives and daughters of those republican husbands who said they would not vote for Trump after his sexual assault comments and are now voting for Trump. "I can't endorse someone who says it's ok to assault women because I have a wife and daughter". I wonder what's changed between then and now?!!!!!! In particular the spineless Jason Chaffetz should be ashamed of himself.
  • edited November 2016
    Post-truth truthiness.
  • Fiiish said:

1StevieG said:

Let us spare a thought for of all the wives and daughters of those republican husbands who said they would not vote for Trump after his sexual assault comments and are now voting for Trump. "I can't endorse someone who says it's ok to assault women because I have a wife and daughter". I wonder what's changed between then and now?!!!!!! In particular the spineless Jason Chaffetz should be ashamed of himself.

South Park brilliantly skewered this. Basically women who are only now leaving Trump because of his misogynistic comments cannot claim any kind of moral authority since they were quite happy with all the issues surrounding racism, jingoism, and incitement to violence.
    That's not just true for women, that's true for large swathes of our society, including the media, who didn't really clamp down hard until his comments on the bus about a white woman came out. It's worth noting, though, that what he described on that bus was sexual assault.

I'm a bit torn on this to be honest, but your point of "where were you when this was going on against other human beings" is certainly a worthy one.
  • edited November 2016
    Just posted this on Facebook (you're welcome for sharing my Facebook posts with you). The Guardian got an interview with the man who held up a "Republicans against Trump" sign at the Trump rally in Nevada last night:

"The thing that stood out most to me from this interesting excerpt of a clearly reasonable and intelligent man is how it feels like something from a bygone era to hear a Republican talk about "their Muslim brothers, their Mexican brothers" and to decry the way Trump treats women. Which is sad for people of every party and persuasion.

I don't remember a time in my lifetime when we were great about having a civics discourse about policy or the role of Government in our society. But now that it is fully eroded it makes me all the more wistful that this is someone who is a self-described "fiscal conservative' but who is also willing to stand up for the rights of all of his fellow Americans."
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/06/trump-protester-i-was-beaten-for-holding-a-republicans-against-trump-sign
  • edited November 2016
    SDAddick said:

Fiiish said:

1StevieG said:

South Park brilliantly skewered this. Basically women who are only now leaving Trump because of his misogynistic comments cannot claim any kind of moral authority since they were quite happy with all the issues surrounding racism, jingoism, and incitement to violence.
    That's not just true for women, that's true for large swathes of our society, including the media, who didn't really clamp down hard until his comments on the bus about a white woman came out. It's worth noting, though, that what he described on that bus was sexual assault.

I'm a bit torn on this to be honest, but your point of "where were you when this was going on against other human beings" is certainly a worthy one.
    Or, as he would pronounce it, large swatches. Jesus wept. Watched a clip of Full Frontal talking about Trump not being able to actually read and seeing him try to get out of reading a lease at a court hearing was hilarious. "I don't have my glasses with me the writing is too small" to which it was suggested they print off another copy with bigger print. "It's too long the lease is too long. When I sign a lease, it's just a lease". Goldfish have a longer attention span than this guy.
  • I'm beginning to wonder if this election isn't anywhere near as close as the media like to portray it. Trump's involvement is good for sales/ ratings. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it's so illogical to vote Trump I refuse to believe half the country are contemplating it.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if this election isn't anywhere near as close as the media like to portray it. Trump's involvement is good for sales/ ratings. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it's so illogical to vote Trump I refuse to believe half the country are contemplating it.

It's not close. Early voting is killing Trump in swing states.

http://qz.com/828666/election-2016-record-numbers-of-hispanics-are-voting-early-for-clinton-to-keep-trump-out-of-the-white-house/

Florida with its large Hispanic population will swing to Clinton and that will result in game over for Trump.
  • Jdredsox said:

Just watched a video of Trump lying through his teeth about how Obama dealt with that elderly protester at his rally the other day. I honestly don't understand how he thinks that he can get away with such a blatant lie?

Or have I missed something? Did something more occur with Obama or was trump referring to someone else?

This is what's being referred to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PqpoyOOzeQ

Here is the raw footage, cuz I did that thing where you go back and study the raw footage. Obama went full blown principle in a rowdy school assembly on them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PA6vPYfbk8

By the way, there's an undertone to Trump's claim about "they kept the camera on Obama the whole time." He says this about his rallies, about how the camera is always on him and they don't get the size of his rallies. Now he knows better than this. He knows that the camera trained on the speaker is called (I think) the plant camera. It's job is to be trained on the speaker.
  • edited November 2016
    Now he's insecure about the size of his rallies?

"Oooh Donald, what a huge rally, please don't hurt me!"

Apparently this is the sort of thing that is said to make men feel better about things like this.
  • So seriously though if the dumpster fire wins, who's got a room to rent?
  • limeygent said:
    Old Rupert & Fox News need to come up with something else quick to get that pesky Hillary!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37892138

Although Trump is now claiming that the FBI investigation is rigged!!! I think this fella is actually so some of paranoid, sociopath! Hopefully, we won't have to worry about him actually getting into power on Tuesday.
  • That's game set and match to Hillary imo.
  • Just watched a BBC4 Storyville (always good) documentary, a fly on the wall take on Anthony Weiner, the congressman who was sexting people, and then resigned from congress and ran for mayor. The documentary shows the run up to the New York Mayoral election and the strain it all had on his wife and relationship. Fascinating watch. Obviously slightly relevant because his wife is this Huma woman who is very close to Hillary and from memory was named in the email incidents
  • Huskaris said:

Just watched a BBC4 Storyville (always good) documentary, a fly on the wall take on Anthony Weiner, the congressman who was sexting people, and then resigned from congress and ran for mayor. The documentary shows the run up to the New York Mayoral election and the strain it all had on his wife and relationship. Fascinating watch. Obviously slightly relevant because his wife is this Huma woman who is very close to Hillary and from memory was named in the email incidents

Huma Abedin is one of Hillary's top aides and closest confidantes.
  • Weiner was, at one point, one of the real rising stars in the Democratic party before all the sexting stuff broke. He used to do Jon Stewart's show a lot as they were childhood friends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Damn, can Trump face any news without falling back to the default "it's rigged"?
  • edited November 2016
    SDAddick said:

Weiner was, at one point, one of the real rising stars in the Democratic party before all the sexting stuff broke. He used to do Jon Stewart's show a lot as they were childhood friends.

Was an incredible documentary - hard to believe it was real. The guy is so sleazy...
  • Saga Lout said:

Now he's finished his term in the US can we get Obama over here please?

Why? I'm led to believe his policies (and him) are both hated and rated over their. He's hardly been a 100% success so what is the justification?
  • He's obviously a consummate politician, a leader, a figure without sleaze and a man of great authority and social conscience. The sort of leader we could really pull together behind.
  • And his most hated policy (by a mile) is basically ensuring that poor people can have healthcare. Would such a policy be hated here?
  • My main misgiving about him, in fact, is that he'd be too corporate and hawkish. I'm fairly sure those aren't your objections.
  • Saga Lout said:

Now he's finished his term in the US can we get Obama over here please?

Why? I'm led to believe his policies (and him) are both hated and rated over their. He's hardly been a 100% success so what is the justification?
    Leuth said:

He's obviously a consummate politician, a leader, a figure without sleaze and a man of great authority and social conscience. The sort of leader we could really pull together behind.

What Leuth said.