Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Rizzo said:

lungrot said:

most Orient fans are with us, as I'm sure is the rest of the football world

http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic15899.html

That mentions a comment from Jacko on Twitter. "Johnnie Jackson the captain has reacted on Twitter with a somewhat backhanded criticism. The players must all want out." Anyone know what he said?
    I think someone sent him a link to the statement and he responded with two emojis: one was shocked and one was the see-no-evil monkey.

I don't social media so well so I could be wrong.
  • Irony has now suffered a fate worse than a 'fate worse than death'.
    The bottom of the barrel had already been scraped through to reveal bottomless barrels stacked one atop another.
    We're way beyond being through the looking glass.
    If there is someone, employed in any capacity at Charlton Athletic and associated entities, who thinks there are any aspects to this statement that are not wholly ridiculous, inaccurate or degrading then I'd like to know when the sky on their planet is due for a repainting.
    Wibble.

Should make convincing UoG, Delaware North, Andrews, et al to disassociate themselves and cancel all contractual relationships as soon as practicable. Having one's business brand allied to this excrescent farce must be ruinous and certainly humiliating.

The only half sensible explanation is that it's a hack - if so wtf is it still there 18 and a half hours later?

While I'm at it: "Whom would they expect the club to be sold to?" That's not effing English!

rather: To whom would they expect it to be sold?
    If you're crowing from your ivory tower, even if that crowing is demeaning drivel, do please endeavour to crow with correct sentence structure.

It's a Freudian slip that he focussed on the selling and not the buying.

If no one wanted to buy the club you would say "Who would buy the club?"

If you have potential buyers but you want an excuse for not selling, you would say "Who would I sell it to?".

He knows full well he could sell the club at the drop of a hat. The control freak wanted to say "You fans fuck off I will sell the club when, and to whom, I choose" but toned it down to the third person to sound like "One cannot sell if one cannot find a suitable buyer". But we get the message just the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

Is there a way to turn notifications off when somebody comments on your thread?

Maybe
  • LouisMend said:

I thought there was.
  • LouisMend said:

There's is mate yes.
  • LouisMend said:

But
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

Im
  • LouisMend said:

Not
  • LouisMend said:

Telling
  • Sponsored links:

• that's funny
  • Reaching 30 pages on a thread is no small feat, you should be proud of yourself Louis. If it reaches 50 then you can start complaining
  • "Whom would they expect the club to be sold to?" She said herself in the filmed meeting that there are constant offers because "that's what happens in the championship." This statement is ridiculous.
  • micks1950 said:

I think this statement is 100% Duchatelet himself. The smug patronising superiority is identical to the Alan Turing interview from last year. Why won't you stupid customers just give me money and shut up? You'll see, I'm an unappreciated genius, you lot just lack the mental capabilities to understand!

They spend all their time on internet fora

The internet that he invented the idea of years before, no doubt...
  • LouisMend said:

HUH