Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Katrien Meire Prize for incompetence

Comments

• Options
    So she won't be around when if and to all intents and purposes when relegation is confirmed to avoid the fans. COWard!
  • Options

Now that we're slipping down a league RD has ordered m'lady to investigate the pyramid system ....
  • Options

I have never cancelled a holiday due to the poor performance of my employer, but then again I'm not a CEO - and my employer hasn't ever gone into meltdown.

So are we saying she missed the QPR game then? Didn't we have an international break a couple of weeks ago?

I have, as a relatively mid-level software engineer around 2 years ago.

When working on a healthcare project I once arrived in my office in the morning - complete with luggage - took my line manager aside and mentioned some integration difficulties we were having with a diagnostics imaging partner and informed him that I would liaise with them in the morning and decide whether or not it was appropriate for me to take my leave and depart for a flight in the afternoon.

I didn't take my leave, lost a few hundred pounds on a 4 day trip to Copenhagen and subsequently worked my weekend too.

The only difference is I was paying the price for someone elses fuck up, she - as CEO - has ran away from a fuck up of her own making.
  • Options

Just rang the club (2.30pm) to ask them whether they could confirm that Katrien Meire was on holiday in Dubai.

I was informed by 'her assistant' that she was out of the office. When I asked if she was out of the office in Dubai the lady replied that she didn't know.

I then said 'you are telling me that you are Katrien Meire's assistant but you don't know where she is?

The lady said she could not comment but could transfer me to the Press Office.

After a few minutes waiting as I heard the line being transferred around. Then she came back on the line to say that she had pressed the wrong numbers for the Press Office.

I was then connected to the security office where a young lad told me had no idea where Katrien Meire was and hadn't been told and that the Press Office were all dealing with enquires relating to the Under 21 game.

Both employee's of the club were polite and helpful in as much as they could be but I sense the desperation of those thrust into the forward line to take the flak whilst the general (or is this case CEO) sits behind the lines and well away from the action.

If you have indeed treated your staff like this (and let only your perceived need to know staff that you were going) then Katrien Meire you have dropped even lower in my estimation if that were possible as you appear not even to have any common decency.

I will apologise for that last sentence if anyone can prove it wrong.

In defence of the staff, I would not expect my company to give out specific details other than X is not in the office and then to ask if anyone else can help. I suspect they do know but were caught on the hop, which in itself is surprising given the current siege mentality surrounding all employees.

Odd that nobody at the club seems to want to comment other than Sue!
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

rikofold said:

Just rang the club (2.30pm) to ask them whether they could confirm that Katrien Meire was on holiday in Dubai.

I was informed by 'her assistant' that she was out of the office. When I asked if she was out of the office in Dubai the lady replied that she didn't know.

I then said 'you are telling me that you are Katrien Meire's assistant but you don't know where she is?

After a few minutes waiting as I heard the line being transferred around. Then she came back on the line to say that she had pressed the wrong numbers for the Press Office.

I was then connected to the security office where a young lad told me had no idea where Katrien Meire was and hadn't been told and that the Press Office were all dealing with enquires relating to the Under 21 game.

Both employee's of the club were polite and helpful in as much as they could be but I sense the desperation of those thrust into the forward line to take the flak whilst the general (or is this case CEO) sits behind the lines and well away from the action.

If you have indeed treated your staff like this (and let only your perceived need to know staff that you were going) then Katrien Meire you have dropped even lower in my estimation if that were possible as you appear not even to have any common decency.

You were lucky you didn't get Mandy. She'd have transferred you to the Post Office.
    I wish everyone would leave off Mandy... do you guys not understand how disrespectatable it is to make fun of other people?!
    Absolutely...able
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

rikofold said:

You were lucky you didn't get Mandy. She'd have transferred you to the Post Office.
    I wish everyone would leave off Mandy... do you guys not understand how disrespectatable it is to make fun of other people?!
    Ooh you are awful LuckyReds, but i like you.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

In defence of the staff, I would not expect my company to give out specific details other than X is not in the office and then to ask if anyone else can help. I suspect they do know but were caught on the hop, which in itself is surprising given the current siege mentality surrounding all employees.

Fair comment but I suppose one might at least expect that the front line staff taking calls would have the correct extension number for the Press Office. I never did get put through and when I tried later in the day there was evidently no-one in the Press Office to take my call. ho-hum.
  • Options

mogodon said:

Fair comment but I suppose one might at least expect that the front line staff taking calls would have the correct extension number for the Press Office. I never did get put through and when I tried later in the day there was evidently no-one in the Press Office to take my call. ho-hum.
    Yes. One is corporate policy/etiquette which is fair. The other is a behind-the-scenes mess which is symptomatic of the general malaise at the club.
  • Options
    What does she actually do though? Players contracts - best she is around in the summer; new signings - summer; entertaining other clubs - cant see Derby/QPR being upset she is not there; speaking with sponsors - all gone; speaking with fans - mostly gone.

She makes no relevant decisions as she is just RD's lacky. Not bothered when she goes on holiday, i doubt it makes a difference.
  • Options

Have a break - you don't give a shit, Kat !!

Does suggest a certain song for this Saturday.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Let us hope that KM is being "incompetent" with some poor fecker on the beach, gets caught and gets sentenced to 25 years...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Hmmm, never wished a physical injury on anyone before but I hear those polo ponies can deliver several injuries that mean air travel isn't possible

Good luck Katrien.
  • Options
    Physical....FFS
  • Options

Seems I've been removed from the Charlton Facebook group tonight for the heinous offence of holding a different view to Sue Parkes. I think I'll survive . . .

Hero
  • Options

Physical....FFS

You know you can edit your posts right? :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Seems I've been removed from the Charlton Facebook group tonight for the heinous offence of holding a different view to Sue Parkes. I think I'll survive . . .

Well Sue Parkes has been removed as admin aswell so it's not all bad
    Along with a couple of people as well. For the best in my opnion. When you are too close as she is, it's best sometimes in to keep quiet and not antagonise other supporters, as appears to be have been the case for the past 6 months. To have your name all over the back of the South London Press back at the start of this year, could not have been nice to read.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Physical....FFS

You know you can edit your posts right? :smile:
    Um, I never had. Don't know why. That is going to save me a lot of annoyance when I press post just after noticing a typo but too late to have corrected it.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Hey Sue, perhaps things would be JUST a little bit less hectic in the summer if the club didn't keep churning players?
    Someone calculated the numbers for the last two years. I can't remember them but they were huge.

45 since the circus rolled into town.

• Options
    She's doing a bit of scouting. Multi-tasking while the club (we are told) is looking for a new head scout.