Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Katrien Meire Prize for incompetence

Comments

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

DA9 said:

The ultimate two fingered salute to fans and her staff

I bet Mandy will find an excuse to brown nose her still.
    Clearly, this is all being misinterpret-ated!
    All a bit too complicate-ated :wink:
  • Options
    Hmm...wonder how much a billboard costs in dirham.
  • Options
    I think we're all jumping to the wrong conclusion. This is in fact a working break and Latrine has gone to Dubai to revive the Zabeel deal.

You heard it here first*!!

*(and almost certainly last...and definitely incorrectly!!)
  • Options

Hmmm... Interesting.
    It's a nice place to come for a holiday.
    Any idea what hotel she's in?
    No reason of course, just wondering....

Oh, by the way, any other Dubai based Addicks fancy a drink at one of the hotels later? Not sure which one yet....

:wink:
    You need to find out where she's going for Friday brunch mate, that's the opportunity !
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Surely within football you take your holidays when the football seasons over? Or as CEO is the summer the busiest time?

It might be a holiday she is entitled to and has been booked for months.

Or she might just be deserting her staff and not wanting to face reality because everything's f*cked and hiding places are limited.

This job overwhelms her and it's evident when you've got no relevant experience and your just thrown in. It would be hard for anyone, let alone a weird meaning unique twat that also has no common sense or at minimum customer service orientated thinking.

She certainly previously took holiday soon after the end of the season. We know this because when a Trust board member mentioned on CL that she was on holiday - and that this was a good reason why there hadn't been any transfer activity - she took umbrage at this supposed breach of personal information and it was one of the reasons why we were cold-shouldered for a year.

• Options

Dave2l said:

Surely within football you take your holidays when the football seasons over? Or as CEO is the summer the busiest time?

Or she might just be deserting her staff and not wanting to face reality because everything's f*cked and hiding places are limited.

This job overwhelms her and it's evident when you've got no relevant experience and your just thrown in. It would be hard for anyone, let alone a weird meaning unique twat that also has no common sense or at minimum customer service orientated thinking.

She certainly previously took holiday soon after the end of the season. We know this because when a Trust board member mentioned on CL that she was on holiday - and that this was a good reason why there hadn't been any transfer activity - she took umbrage at this supposed breach of personal information and it was one of the reasons why we were cold-shouldered for a year.

The woman is poison;
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Dave2l said:

The woman is poison;
    The resemblance is frightening
  • Options
    If only a bucket of water could solve all our problems!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think everyone is getting the wrong end of the stick here, KM is surely on a 'special business meeting' with some fresh investors from Dubai, why she couldn't have gone to Ebbsfleet I don't know.

Can't wait to catch up on the Dubai web summit.
  • Options
    Given the terrible timing, I can only think Roland has packed her off. Possibly to reconsider her resignation request.
  • Options

Given the terrible timing, I can only think Roland has packed her off. Possibly to reconsider her resignation request.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if theres an element of truth in this.

I can see her going away and escaping the fire storm for a few days, letting a few things finally sink in etc...and wondering 'how the fuck did I get in this mess?'...and deciding she really doesn't need it and resigns on her return. Christ lets hope so....
  • Options
    By the tone of airman's original tweet it sounds like she's just buggered off on holiday and the staff have only found out after she's already left. Can she really be this stupid and selfish?!
  • Options
    that means there is no one left who can interview our new chief scout
  • Options
    leave her alone.

she's worked bloody hard and deserves a break.

you don't sign the likes of Naby Sarr, Rhys Williams (on loan) and Roger Johnson without days, nights and months of ruthless dealings.

she does very long hours, sometimes up to 4 a day and that can't be easy when combining her public appearances as Pinocchio at children's parties.

cut her some slack and I'm sure we'll see the benefit of her being one of the most admired football CEOs in the business.

rest up sweet Katrien and can't wait to see you back.
  • Options
    Quite obviously out there to resurrect the Zabeel deal. Good on her and fingers crossed she can pull it off. #katzdoingdeals
  • Options
    I have had to cancel pre-planned holidays because of work. Fortunately not often and not since I've had half care of my 6 year old.

But this can't be a pre-planned holiday. If there was any chance of not being relegated, she would be here. To be on holiday for the Derby and Bolton games is not something even Katrien would do if we still were in a fight for survival at this level.

There must be something more to it if she is not here and that must either be:
    1. discussions on sale
    2. preparation for resignation

And I hope to god it's 1. and that she is successful. I don't care that she will get a bad price for Roland but I hope that the bidders want a club that has fantastic supporters, in a good london location, with the ability to recruit experienced professionals and trust their judgement to deliver.

It's not the hope that kills you by the way, it's the fear. And hitting the floor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have had to cancel pre-planned holidays because of work. Fortunately not often and not since I've had half care of my 6 year old.

But this can't be a pre-planned holiday. If there was any chance of not being relegated, she would be here. To be on holiday for the Derby and Bolton games is not something even Katrien would do if we still were in a fight for survival at this level.

There must be something more to it if she is not here and that must either be:
    1. discussions on sale
    2. preparation for resignation

And I hope to god it's 1. and that she is successful. I don't care that she will get a bad price for Roland but I hope that the bidders want a club that has fantastic supporters, in a good london location, with the ability to recruit experienced professionals and trust their judgement to deliver.

It's not the hope that kills you by the way, it's the fear. And hitting the floor.

She's back for Derby.
  • Options
    Oh, that's not a 10 day holiday then. Thanks for clarifying.

My mistake for buying into the 10 day holiday idea posted above.

I had believed she was coming back on 20th.

I still hope that it's 1.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

leave her alone.

she's worked bloody hard and deserves a break.

you don't sign the likes of Naby Sarr, Rhys Williams (on loan) and Roger Johnson without days, nights and months of ruthless dealings.

she does very long hours, sometimes up to 4 a day and that can't be easy when combining her public appearances as Pinocchio at children's parties.

cut her some slack and I'm sure we'll see the benefit of her being one of the most admired football CEOs in the business.

rest up sweet Katrien and can't wait to see you back.

A2c! You have learned to write in English. Now say something about exenophobes.
  • Options
    I'm not sure @ken_shabby that you caught the paragraph that starts 'she does very long hours...'

Might be wrong though.
  • Options

Err...surely depends when she went. Was she at QPR?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Err...surely depends when she went. Was she at QPR?
    I looked hard into the Directors' area from our viewpoint in the upper tier behind the goal and could easily pick out Chris & Sue Parkes but no sign of our CEO.

Mind you, like that pr*t of a lino, I should go to Specsavers...

• Options
    What about The Katrien Meire Award for In Dubai on holiday while Charlton sink.
    She seems to like going to places that start with Dub... at inoppurtune moments.
  • Options
    3blokes said:

What about The Katrien Meire Award for In Dubai on holiday while Charlton sink.
    She seems to like going to places that start with Dub... at inoppurtune moments.

Let's hope there is a vacancy for a CEO at Dubrovnik f.c.
  • Options
    ...............or an award for fiddling while Rome burns !