Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Katrien Meire Prize for incompetence

Comments

• Options
    So the staff at Cafc new nothing of her holiday until she was actually out there?

Is this just a way for her to say "I can do what I want"

Sounds like it's Roland's that's her bitch!
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

When the going gets tough, Katrien goes on holiday.

The next protest could have a holiday theme, to bring attention to the fact that the CEO pissed off on holiday at a crucial time in the relegation battle. Didn't Celtic fans wear holiday hats and take in various inflatables to an old firm game, to mock the Rangers fans about their UEFA Cup final in Seville? sOmething like that?

Perhaps CARD could design a leaflet with a Dubai holiday brochure theme, in English & Flemish, get it on Twitter and make sure the press get a copy.

How about CARD branded knotted handkerchiefs and free ice creams for everyone?

• Options
    edited April 2016

Oh, that's not a 10 day holiday then. Thanks for clarifying.

My mistake for buying into the 10 day holiday idea posted above.

I had believed she was coming back on 20th.

I still hope that it's 1.

Err...surely depends when she went. Was she at QPR?
    I've been told that she went last Wednesday and is due back at work either Friday or Saturday.
  • Options
    People are being unfair to Ms Meire. She has been under considerable pressure lately spearheading our relegation fight, and in addition has spent a considerable amount of time personally answering fan emails, meeting with unhappy supporters and charming the media with a series of charming and witty interviews.
  • Options

I've been told that she went last Wednesday and is due back at work either Friday or Saturday.
    Lucky it wasn't an important match at the weekend. But at least she missed an away game, meaning she will be back to face the full brunt of loathing at the next home game.
  • Options
    I see the deluded Katrien deciple Sue Parkes is defending her on the Facebook group once more.
  • Options
    Have not got facebook, but I can't see what the justification could be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

And I quote " I think people are trying to stir up more trouble "
  • Options
    I can't imagine even senile old Roly would entrust the sale of the club to Meire.

He lacks the empathy to give her the personal space required to consider resignation.

My guess is that it's an escape from a highly stressful situation she is ill equipped to cope with.
  • Options

It's on the way to Heathrow, so probably !
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

seth plum said:

And I quote " I think people are trying to stir up more trouble "
    It's not difficult to do when KM keeps providing the ammunition.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

She is arguing that none of us know how hard Squirrel Face works. Oh, that she was any bloody good at it ...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Oh dear. She just can't help herself when KM is under fire ...

Sue Parkes "You really cannot know how many hours are involved in the work during the summer unless you live with it on a daily basis. Seems nothing that the Club does is palatable to a lot of supporters these days. They can't win in any way at all. Some people just wish to stir up trouble about everything."
  • Options
    Some of the protest fund could be used for counselling sessions for Katrien for when she gets back, I still can't get my head round this one actually being true given our current plight , it's like a 2 fingers up at the fans , but then I can't believe half of the crap that has gone on for the last 2 years, how does she get away with it?
  • Options
    Who says it is trouble?
    The CEO is on holiday and we're commenting on it, I wonder why any comment would be seen as 'troubling'?
    Maybe anybody with common sense could see......
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I can't imagine even senile old Roly would entrust the sale of the club to Meire.

He lacks the empathy to give her the personal space required to consider resignation.

My guess is that it's an escape from a highly stressful situation she is ill equipped to cope with.

Whenever she went, and whenever she returns, it's pathetic.

If I were employed to do her job, CEO, I would be putting in 18 hour days, every day
  • Options
    Maybe she took Patrick Bauer with her to make sure she got her towel on the sunbed nice and early?

I'm looking forward to an article on the OS explaining how she signed up a taxi driver to buy a season ticket on the trip from Dubai International.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it really necessary to keep dragging quotes from Sue Parkes across from Facebook in order to slag her off without even the opportunity to defend herself? Agree or disagree with her, she is entitled to her opinion and has a right to voice it. Personally not particularly comfortable with her being singled out, especially as most of the people doing it are hiding behind an anonymous alias on a message board while she posts openly under her real name.
  • Options
    I agree it isn't necessary or even right to be quoting Facebook posters.

Not for the reasons mentioned though.

Anyone can post here under an alias or their real name. Broadly, the same is true in Facebook despite that site pretending they have checks that mean contributors supply their real name.

Do not post onto the Internet if you do not want your comments to be available to al the users of the Internet.

I could use my Facebook profile and less people would know who I am than using @Alwaysneil.

• Options

In terms of what she actually has to do around the place, now is probably as good a time to take a holiday as any. I guess there may be some contract negotiations to undertake, but there probably isn't much going on in terms of transfer deals to be done etc.Possibly some planning for next season but if that hasn't already started (and I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't) then 10 days probably won't make much difference. From here on in she won't be able to do much to influence the fate of the team this season and, as much as she may be disliked, she is as entitled to a holiday as the rest of us.

BUT... from a PR perspective it looks very bad and, at a time when the club is under fire from it's supporters customers and is about to get relegated on her watch, the lack of leadership it shows is staggeringly bad.

It's probably going to do minimal material harm to the club's fortunes, but holy shit she'd have been well advised to cancel it or at least postpone to the close season.

I can't work out if this bunch just don't give a shit what we think, or are just so out of touch with what we expect that they are just haplessly blundering form one PR disaster to the next.

I think the final paragraph comes down to a bit of both.
  • Options

Is it really necessary to keep dragging quotes from Sue Parkes across from Facebook in order to slag her off without even the opportunity to defend herself? Agree or disagree with her, she is entitled to her opinion and has a right to voice it. Personally not particularly comfortable with her being singled out, especially as most of the people doing it are hiding behind an anonymous alias on a message board while she posts openly under her real name.

Are we not allowed to express our disagreement in her opinion then?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    If she posts criticism of fans on a public forum, it is fine to quote and comment on it, so long as everything stays clean and the comments are not personal digs.

• Options
    Sue is right of course. Katrien will need to be around, as soon as the season finishes, to sign off all those player sales.
  • Options
    I have never cancelled a holiday due to the poor performance of my employer, but then again I'm not a CEO - and my employer hasn't ever gone into meltdown.

So are we saying she missed the QPR game then? Didn't we have an international break a couple of weeks ago?