Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Katrien Meire Prize for incompetence

Comments

• Options
    Unless the club have a credible explanation for Katrien Meire's disappearance to Dubai at this critical time (and if it is a holiday) then her actions amount to a dereliction of duty as in the role of CEO - in other words a betrayal and her position is untenable and she should tender her resignation.

Alternatively, if Roland D has temporarily removed her from the firing line during the run in then her position is equally untenable as she will at last have been exposed in Roland's eyes as incapable of continuing in office and should be replaced and she should be requested by him to resign or be re-assigned.

Either way (and lacking a fully credible forthcoming explanation) I cannot see how Katrien Meire can take her place in the Directors Box for the game v Derby.
  • Options
    Hey Sue, perhaps things would be JUST a little bit less hectic in the summer if the club didn't keep churning players?
    Someone calculated the numbers for the last two years. I can't remember them but they were huge.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Hey Sue, perhaps things would be JUST a little bit less hectic in the summer if the club didn't keep churning players?
    Someone calculated the numbers for the last two years. I can't remember them but they were huge.

Plus, average 'life-span' of a Charlton manager is below that of the Championship average as a whole (which I believe is 11 months). Someone may tell me this is wrong but in any event the managerial changes (including ridiculous interim manager appointments) have not as Katrien Meire infamously put it 'improved our situation every time'.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble therefore I am simply deeply concerned that the club I support has been purchased by a madman who has put an incompetent person in the most senior management post at the club (and I don't care about gender) - I would be saying exactly the same thing if it was a man making these comments and decisions.
    Sue Parkes comments sound (although I haven't seen them in detail) as if she is valiantly trying to defend the indefensible.
  • Options
    This smacks of Meire being granted a leave of absence by Duchatelet, otherwise she could have taken her break in three weeks time when the season ends.
    If her need to be absent was so pressing, it certainly suggests that she needed to be taken out of the firing line.
  • Options

This smacks of Meire being granted a leave of absence by Duchatelet, otherwise she could have taken her break in three weeks time when the season ends.
    If her need to be absent was so pressing, it certainly suggests that she needed to be taken out of the firing line.

In fairness I would imagine that the closed season is the busiest time of year for a CEO. Why she never took her holiday during the international break is very odd.
  • Options
    4 all the way sadly Stig.
  • Options
    Reckon you're right.
  • Options

Is it really necessary to keep dragging quotes from Sue Parkes across from Facebook in order to slag her off without even the opportunity to defend herself? Agree or disagree with her, she is entitled to her opinion and has a right to voice it. Personally not particularly comfortable with her being singled out, especially as most of the people doing it are hiding behind an anonymous alias on a message board while she posts openly under her real name.

She is to a reasonable extent privy to what is happening behind the scenes and has taken it on herself to defend the regime, repeatedly, which is her right, but equally to rubbish those who have the affront to challenge the way the club is being run.

As for hiding, I am not sure anyone is doing that. Everyone on here has an alias. On Facebook they do not and I have had 'discussions' with her on a number of occasions using my own name. The same allegations of hiding could be used against those who come on here pretending to be supporters who peddle the club line. Only they are claiming to be something they are clearly not.

I have also suggested more than once to Sue that given her husband's role, she would be well advised not to blindly defend Squirrel Face at every turn and also to perhaps stay off social media, especially the Charlton forum, for his sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

In fairness I would imagine that the closed season is the busiest time of year for a CEO. Why she never took her holiday during the international break is very odd.
    It's really not. The players are away from early May to early July, after all. There are no matches, which makes a huge difference to workload. During the season, staff are often working a six-day week. It's true that there is more to do than people think, in terms of all the jobs that can't be done for practical or time reasons during the season, but it's also the big opportunity for senior staff to take their holidays.

I wouldn't argue that a chief executive should never take time off during the season, but there's a right time and a wrong one. The staff clearly didn't think this was the right time.
    Fair enough, I assumed the final whistle on the last day signalled the start of the execution phase of the recruitment strategy (some of the recent recruits could do with literal execution) so would be a really busy. Incredibly odd that she's gone off, for 10 days no less, at this moment then.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    If Katrien is stressed and this holiday is part of a healing process then I understand it, especially as she seems to do nothing when she is here so her absence will have scant impact.
    The notion that Tony Keohane is in charge chills the blood though. My perception of Keohane is that he is even more ignorant about the nature of the club than Katrien, does not give a damn anyway, and is typically either incompetent in his day to day work, or merely reactive to events which he handles badly.
    It was Tony Keohane who instructed Steve Adamson to film the Sparrows Lane protestors. And his aspiration is to identify and ban protestors.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that in the past the run up to the end of the season has been a busy time at the club as they've been preparing behind the scenes for the summer before players etc go on holiday so we can hit the ground running with recruitment etc. What are the chances that Meire is just leaving everything until the first day of close season and will caught out unprepared yet again.
  • Options
    Is there a relationship between the melting away of pro regime posters who have been here lately like Alanalsace and Belgiumbun, and last Wednesday?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    2. She is suffering from stress and her doctor has advised the she needs a holiday. Good - the pressure is getting to her. Hopefully she won't last long.

Could this be the reason that the staff were unaware of her absence ?

To get the better of an opponent in Sport or Business, or any walk of life, you have to know their personal Achilles heel.

Katrien Meire is never seen with a support team. (i don't mean Murray)
    She is never seen with any Family member.
    She is never seen with any friends.
    she is never seen with any Partner.

She is Billie No mates, and no woman is an Island.

She will not be at Charlton in August. (Fingers and toes crossed)
    I fear Duchatelet will be.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If Katrien is stressed and this holiday is part of a healing process then I understand it, especially as she seems to do nothing when she is here so her absence will have scant impact.
    The notion that Tony Keohane is in charge chills the blood though. My perception of Keohane is that he is even more ignorant about the nature of the club than Katrien, does not give a damn anyway, and is typically either incompetent in his day to day work, or merely reactive to events which he handles badly.
    It was Tony Keohane who instructed Steve Adamson to film the Sparrows Lane protestors. And his aspiration is to identify and ban protestors.

In among all the anger about this holiday, you raise a very good point. What the hell does she do when she is here? Seriously ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Maybe whoever she has gone with couldn't get the time off during the international break
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

se9addick said:

Maybe whoever she has gone with couldn't get the time off during the international break
    Ooh a great bit of rumourmongering, I like it. I'm thinking JBG in that case...
  • Options
    She could be using up her left over annual leave so that if she goes at the end of the season Roland won't have to pay her extra for days not taken.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

seth plum said:

In among all the anger about this holiday, you raise a very good point. What the hell does she do when she is here? Seriously ...
    Well, we know by her own admission that she keeps two days free from any appointments.
    It is well documented that she does not arrive at the ground on match-days until about 1,30pm or sometimes later.
    I strongly suspect that she clears her e-mail traffic each day without opening it. Doesn't do any fan communication and has a Human Resources lady to do non-football related recruitment.

But these are perhaps minor details in a way. Even if she does work on the running of the club and transfer negotiations (as she boasts) it is the quality of the work and the flawed decision making and consistently poor communication which makes her 'work' damaging and counter-productive no matter how many hours or not she puts into it.
    One can't help thinking that unless she is in Dubai on a credible business venture for the club (and I have asked them if this is the case) then she is on a beach somewhere reading a kindle.

After all, perhaps her most damning phrase amongst many in 2015 was: 'I don't care' (about the history of the club).
  • Options
    Guys, give the lady a break please. If you stop to think about it it makes perfect sense to go now so we can get all of our shiny new squad signed up between the end of the season and before they leave for the start of the Euro's.

Makes perfect sense, trust me on this...
  • Options
    While taking a holiday while there was any chance of us staying up is ridiculous, instead of the outrage on here, I'm quite surprised people aren't happy with this...@airmanbrown clearly suggests this has upset staff which can only add the the pressure on the inside. Which surely must help the fans achieve their goal.

If they're still around in the close season, I do worry about the mean blood pressure readings on here, when there really is nothing to talk about!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Going on holiday would indicate that KM does some work. I would like to know what she actually does apart from being an ideal target on my dartboard.

Macronate said:

leave her alone.

she's worked bloody hard and deserves a break.

you don't sign the likes of Naby Sarr, Rhys Williams (on loan) and Roger Johnson without days, nights and months of ruthless dealings.

she does very long hours, sometimes up to 4 a day and that can't be easy when combining her public appearances as Pinocchio at children's parties.

cut her some slack and I'm sure we'll see the benefit of her being one of the most admired football CEOs in the business.

rest up sweet Katrien and can't wait to see you back the back of you.

Fixed it.
  • Options
    At least she will be nowhere near the UPBEATS walk (hopefully)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Ben18 said:

se9addick said:

The International break coincided with Easter this year and would have been too expensive for our CEO to go then as deep pockets, and short arms
    advised her to go when it was cheaper.
    He told her she had carried out her Remit for the season, and relax from the 2% for 10 days.

He was Disappointed it took 3 seasons to get relegated as he won't get his 5 million refund, but at least we are a one division nearer to his nirvana of
    Kids for a fiver?

Kids for a fiver is a weird yet unique way of running a football club where the U21 are more important than the first team and no player earns over 1500 pounds a week, and when they are too good to earn so little in the modern money rich world of football they are sold.
    The lower you drop down the football pyramid the threshold of £1500 is lowered.

It is the polar opposite way of thinking to what his Customers want.

Duchatelet wants the senior player who are not in the 1st team to clean the boots of the Academy boys !

Fucking Cobblers said Roger Johnson.