Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Katrien Meire Prize for incompetence

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016

She's doing a bit of scouting. Multi-tasking while the club (we are told) is looking for a new head scout.

Actually, this may not be far from the truth - see the Coyote John posting on the Relegation Statement (from the Club when we are relegated thread).
  • Options

Seems I've been removed from the Charlton Facebook group tonight for the heinous offence of holding a different view to Sue Parkes. I think I'll survive . . .

I thought you knew better than to be on something like that!!!
  • Options
    She is responsible for the mess and thinks it's OK to take a holiday. Unbelievably detached from her responsibilities and proof again that she will always put herself first. How does she keep the job? How desparate are we for a CEO who can do the job and not just bathe in the glory of the title. Please Katrien take your inflated ego away soon and find a job that does not require you to engage with customers.
  • Options

Did anyone ever get anywhere with confirmation from the club that Katrien Meire was on holiday in Dubai at the time of QPR away?

I know, yes, that business practice etiquette dictates the type of reply that will be offered. So when I tried to ask the question a few days ago I was told that she was out of the office, whereabouts unknown. Fair enough but I was then offered the opportunity to speak to the The Press Office but was told after being put on hold that they were unobtainable due to an Under 21 game.

Just tried The Club again but this time the rather non-standard reply was:

"Why do you need to know?"

I went through the obvious reply to which the gent said:
    "You haven't answered my question - why do you need to know?"

At the risk of repeating myself - I repeated myself to which he said:
    "You haven't explained why you need to know"

I replied that if the reports were true (i.e KM on holiday in Dubai during QPR game) then I was going to write to the club to question her timing.

He said I could speak to the Press Office. I said yes that would be helpful.

The Press Office was unobtainable.

Did you try the health call centre?
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Did anyone ever get anywhere with confirmation from the club that Katrien Meire was on holiday in Dubai at the time of QPR away?

I know, yes, that business practice etiquette dictates the type of reply that will be offered. So when I tried to ask the question a few days ago I was told that she was out of the office, whereabouts unknown. Fair enough but I was then offered the opportunity to speak to the The Press Office but was told after being put on hold that they were unobtainable due to an Under 21 game.

I replied that if the reports were true (i.e KM on holiday in Dubai during QPR game) then I was going to write to the club to question her timing.

No, I never thought to do that! Curses.

I did just now ring the club and they have confirmed that Katrien Meire is back in the office so I think it is is safe to assume that she will receive the welcome back which she so richly deserves at the start of the Derby game.

Her very helpful assistant evidently did not know until earlier this week that she was reportedly on holiday in Dubai.
    Just as well that nothing much happened whilst she was away I suppose.

Oh, I forgot, the Press Office was unobtainable - perhaps I would have got more joy out of The NHS.
  • Options

rikofold said:

No, I never thought to do that! Curses.

I did just now ring the club and they have confirmed that Katrien Meire is back in the office so I think it is is safe to assume that she will receive the welcome back which she so richly deserves at the start of the Derby game.

Her very helpful assistant evidently did not know until earlier this week that she was reportedly on holiday in Dubai.
    Just as well that nothing much happened whilst she was away I suppose.

Oh, I forgot, the Press Office was unobtainable - perhaps I would have got more joy out of The NHS.
    Wait... Meire was only holiday for 10 days and her assistant didn't have a clue until this week?!?!!?
  • Options
    The irony of getting a targeted tweet on my feed like the one below....

Why would I want to be chairman, we've got a great set up in place already
  • Options
    I keep getting ads for Dubai on mine...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

The irony of getting a targeted tweet on my feed like the one below....

Why would I want to be chairman, we've got a great set up in place already

I wouldn't play it, if I were you.

You'd end up over-qualified.
  • Options
  • Options
    I had a chance to chat to a couple of staff members today who I spoken to in passing over the years.

All I would say is that everything that has been mentioned by those more in the know is absolutely correct ...they have an incredibly low opinion of most senior members at the club and highlighted the awful man-management 'skills' of those above them.
  • Options
    I heard from a very good source that Katrien was at The Valley on Thursday and Friday, and I thought it right to post it here.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Just catching up - did Katrien join the Upbeats walk on Saturday (I thought she had previously) ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Just catching up - did Katrien join the Upbeats walk on Saturday (I thought she had previously) ?

Didn't see her, mind you we had finished the walk just gone 12, a bit early for her.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I heard from a very good source that Katrien was at The Valley on Thursday and Friday, and I thought it right to post it here.

So, was everybody pleased to see her back and did she do any actual work?
  • Options
    Just received this reply to my emails of the 15th and 25th of April about our illustrious CEO going to Dubai:

Dear Gina,
    We are sorry to you and all other fans about the relegation, it's not a position any of us hoped we would be in this season.
    In answer to your enquiry, Ms Meire was out of the office for one week and was in constant contact with it during that time. She has taken no leave during the season, and is unlikely to have any leave before the new season starts.
    We hope to communicate with fans shortly about future plans for next season.
    Best regards
    The Supporter Relations Team

So there we are! Where was she then?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

She has taken no leave during the season, and is unlikely to have any leave before the new season starts.

That's a shame. I was hoping she would have permanent leave starting very soon.

Oh well. Keep on keeping on.
  • Options

Just received this reply to my emails of the 15th and 25th of April about our illustrious CEO going to Dubai:

Dear Gina,
    We are sorry to you and all other fans about the relegation, it's not a position any of us hoped we would be in this season.
    In answer to your enquiry, Ms Meire was out of the office for one week and was in constant contact with it during that time. She has taken no leave during the season, and is unlikely to have any leave before the new season starts.
    Best regards

Yes she was out of the office for a week because it would be pretty difficult to get in from Dubai. So she can go sunning it for a week and it not even count as annual leave, talk about a cushty job I might audition for it when she's gone actually *smile, shake head and ignore the customers* can't be too difficult.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dear Gina,
    Best regards

Yes she was out of the office for a week because it would be pretty difficult to get in from Dubai. So she can go sunning it for a week and it not even count as annual leave, talk about a cushty job I might audition for it when she's gone actually *smile, shake head and ignore the customers* can't be too difficult.
    You'll have to beat me to it! A cushy number if ever there was one. Honestly though, do they think we are stupid?
  • Options
    It is entirely possible if she was in Dubai she was meeting potential investors and so would not be on leave.

Hopefully she is not taking any leave before the next season starts because firstly she'll be too busy selling the club and then after that there will not be a role for her under new ownership.