Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Be interesting to see what the weight does, will certainly take the sting out of body shots. 
  • Options
    Love dillian whyte! Everyones running from him. I had it mapped out 2years ago that he would be the one to unify the belts but everyone's running even the WBO. Totally conned. 

Liked that tom little came out and said this week he's the fighter who he's sparred who's come on the most. 

• Options
    Whyte has been on the pies. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Ruiz is definitely trying to get into AJ's head - presumably having guessed/gambled that Joshua would be coming in lighter and focusing on movement over sheer power Ruiz's gambled in turn on piling on and trying to bulldoze over him, relying on his chin to take punches on the way in.

It might even work but it's a risky choice I'd think. If Ruiz wins it would be by knockout, I just can't see him outpointing AJ with the height and reach differential.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    With the extreme differences in stature and reach there shouldn't be a cat in hell's chance that an immobile lard bucket like Ruiz could lay a glove on AJ, far less deliver a knockout blow.  AJ's defense/attention was so far wanting last time that it has to be possible it will be again.  For all we know Ruiz has spent his winnings on burgers, broads and bugle ever since and AJ will knock him on his arse inside 30 seconds like he should have last time.  But AJ has proved way fallible.
    2/1 means the bookies haven't taken any money on Ruiz at all worth mentioning.
    All of which is trifling in the context of such a big money sporting occasion taking place in a morally bankrupt state where a chosen very few rule with vicious zeal, where human rights are anathema and the ruling cadre consider cold blooded murder to be routine government policy for suppressing critics.  Blood money indeed.  Joshua, Hearn et al should be pariahs for taking it.  Beneath contempt.
    This deserves nothing but a heartfelt standing, rapturous applause from all normal, kind hearted lifers.

On the money.

In fact, the quiet, accepting manner of this horrific event is somewhat disturbing. Boxing fans uniting and, ultimately, enabling such a regime in the 'name of the sport' is appalling.

In an ideal world they, and everyone involved with the entire promotion, will suffer career ending injuries before tomorrow night and the whole thing will be called off.

It's a disgrace.
  • Options
    Any decent stream yet?
  • Options
    Stream just crashed. 
    Any updates will be a fully appreciated 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon Ruiz has this.

Got a dodgy box with the best IPTV streams in the world. Love it. Faultless, and £60 a year. 
  • Options
    How is this for a poor show for heavy weight champion of the world ?

Ali
    Lennox
    Tyson

jeez ...

fat lump verses tentative 
  • Options
    Joshua doing what he needs to do to win. Taking as few risks as possible. Doesn't make good viewing though. 
  • Options
    Ruiz maybe getting back into it, certainly took the last round
  • Options
    Joshua getting dragged into a brawl now

wont end well...
  • Options
    Joshua getting dragged into a brawl is the only way Ruiz can win. 
  • Options
    Easy Joshua win but not a good night for boxing. 
  • Options

I really do think AJ has this in the bag.

The last fight he and pretty much everybody else overlooked Andy Ruiz. This time he has had a full camp preparing for Andy Ruiz, and Andy Ruiz only. He looks slimmer which I think will benefit him, hopefully won't tire as quick. Those big muscles require a lot of oxygen to keep them going lol

He will have the ability to move around quicker and box on the back foot and  If he uses his jab and movement, Ruiz honestly doesn't stand a chance. Thought the public workout albeit limited looked good from AJ side, he looked slick and actually showed head movement.

The question is can AJ do that for the entirety of the fight, yes that remains to be seen but I believe in him. McCracken is a great trainer and really didn't deserve the stick he got in the last fight, I'm confident they've worked a lot on his boxing and boxing only, which seems to be the case judging by the words from AJs camp. People also seem to forget that AJ had Ruiz down before he landed 'a punch from the gods'. I wouldn't quite call it that, but it certainly rattled his equilibrium and that is impossible to recover from for any fighter, don't think that was down to AJs chin.  Just a perfectly landed shot.

If he can avoid the exchanges and uses the jab to his advantage it will be a completely one sided event.

Also the referee will play a big part in this fight. I said earlier cant remember if it was this thread or with mates, but if he allows them to fight on the inside then that's when AJ will find himself in trouble, should he wish to get in those exchanges. I think he's learned his lesson but time will tell.

Given the amount of money Eddie Hearn and Matchroom/Sky/DAZN have invested in AJ, I wouldn't be surprised if this referee does everything he can to avoid fighting on the inside much like the ref for AJ/Parker. Have a watch of Klitschko vs Povetkin from 2013, the referee Luis Pabon is the same ref for Saturday. He let Klitschko get away with some pretty dirty tactics in that fight, maybe he doesn't have a problem protecting home fighters.

I’m here all week lol 
  • Options
    The Gypsy King is laughing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Master class.

AJ can box.
    Against a very limited boxer. One that carries a bang though. 
    Joshua now knows that he is vulnerable. 
  • Options
    Joshua points 
    A runaway winner.  Good prediction DoctorCharlton.  I’ll get you a NZ lotto ticket in time for the Wednesday draw.
  • Options
    Fury takes the piss with that 
  • Options
    Belts about to be split.

IBO mandatory (Pulev) and WBO (Usyk) both due in the new year. Can’t imagine either wanting to step aside or wait.

AJ vs Pulev and Usyk for vacant title while waiting for the Fury/Wilder winner imo.
  • Options

I really do think AJ has this in the bag.

The last fight he and pretty much everybody else overlooked Andy Ruiz. This time he has had a full camp preparing for Andy Ruiz, and Andy Ruiz only. He looks slimmer which I think will benefit him, hopefully won't tire as quick. Those big muscles require a lot of oxygen to keep them going lol

He will have the ability to move around quicker and box on the back foot and  If he uses his jab and movement, Ruiz honestly doesn't stand a chance. Thought the public workout albeit limited looked good from AJ side, he looked slick and actually showed head movement.

The question is can AJ do that for the entirety of the fight, yes that remains to be seen but I believe in him. McCracken is a great trainer and really didn't deserve the stick he got in the last fight, I'm confident they've worked a lot on his boxing and boxing only, which seems to be the case judging by the words from AJs camp. People also seem to forget that AJ had Ruiz down before he landed 'a punch from the gods'. I wouldn't quite call it that, but it certainly rattled his equilibrium and that is impossible to recover from for any fighter, don't think that was down to AJs chin.  Just a perfectly landed shot.

If he can avoid the exchanges and uses the jab to his advantage it will be a completely one sided event.

Also the referee will play a big part in this fight. I said earlier cant remember if it was this thread or with mates, but if he allows them to fight on the inside then that's when AJ will find himself in trouble, should he wish to get in those exchanges. I think he's learned his lesson but time will tell.

Given the amount of money Eddie Hearn and Matchroom/Sky/DAZN have invested in AJ, I wouldn't be surprised if this referee does everything he can to avoid fighting on the inside much like the ref for AJ/Parker. Have a watch of Klitschko vs Povetkin from 2013, the referee Luis Pabon is the same ref for Saturday. He let Klitschko get away with some pretty dirty tactics in that fight, maybe he doesn't have a problem protecting home fighters.

I’m here all week lol 
    Spot on
  • Options
    The Gypsy King is laughing
    Spot on
  • Options
    All Joshua has shown is that he's not Amir Khan and has a little bit of discipline when he concentrates. 

He's still very vulnerable and against a mobile opponent will get caught. 
  • Options
    Excellent from AJ but that was more of a middleweight fight almost. Scorecards a joke. I had it 8-4 or maybe 9-3.
  • Options
    Wasn't a classic, but AJ schooled him there, executed gameplan perfectly. 
  • Options
    The Sky fluffers in full flow post fight.