Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Ruiz to win in round 10.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Wow, Bowen getting beat, didn’t see that coming.

Close fight and maybe the point deduction played a slight factor, but not a good performance from him tonight at all. 
    Terrible performance after an excellent camp thought ref was shocking but the right result spoke to Carl greaves after and there’s no excuses, big loss for Bowen that DoctorCharlton said:
    Joshua points 
    Get great odds on that one , I am torn on this I have a feeling AJ will knock him out 

I said first time it’s terrible match making can not understand why the put him in with Andy the first time rd too awkward too short hits far to hard 

AJ got beat up he got stung and then abused in the ring until he quit 

I have watched it back so many times I have listened to the world and his dog on their opinions 

I spoke to a few boxers on Saturday who all said Ruiz is in AJ head and this will be a problem for AJ he will want to blast him out but he will be training for exactly the outcome you say a points win staying away from the heavy handed Ruiz , 

Ruiz to win for me by stoppage can’t see anything in AJ that says different , he is bang on weight wise to box smart problem is I don’t rate his boxing ability , 
    Looks great, but hes still got Khan's chin on Brunos body. 
    Too many people get carried away by the physique of a boxer. Ruiz and Fury show the folly of this.
    And ruiz will win this one again too. Desperately want the winner to fight wilder/fury 
    Ruiz around 2/1 to win this. Assuming it's not a fix, then a great price for the defending champion.
  • Options
    Yes, I fancy Ruiz too. Despite his wonderful physique, AJ can be got at. Ruiz is tenacious and tricky. Who knows whether AJ is fully rid of whatever demons he had last time round. If he has and he’s on it, he’ll knock Ruiz out but I have a fancy that he won’t. Just a hunch. Unless of course it’s one gigantic fix..........I cling to the diminishing belief that it won’t be. 
  • Options
    He got smashed on a bad part of the head to be hit on and it turned him into a shell

If Ruiz is the same Ruiz that throws combinations and gets inside it will be a repeat and I'd take odds of 2/1 

Of course if Joshua can properly hit him and hurt him and has been sparring with shorter guys who throw lots of punches and has prepared, because in fairness he had prepared for someone totally different last time, then he should win

• Options

I really do think AJ has this in the bag.

The last fight he and pretty much everybody else overlooked Andy Ruiz. This time he has had a full camp preparing for Andy Ruiz, and Andy Ruiz only. He looks slimmer which I think will benefit him, hopefully won't tire as quick. Those big muscles require a lot of oxygen to keep them going lol

He will have the ability to move around quicker and box on the back foot and  If he uses his jab and movement, Ruiz honestly doesn't stand a chance. Thought the public workout albeit limited looked good from AJ side, he looked slick and actually showed head movement.

The question is can AJ do that for the entirety of the fight, yes that remains to be seen but I believe in him. McCracken is a great trainer and really didn't deserve the stick he got in the last fight, I'm confident they've worked a lot on his boxing and boxing only, which seems to be the case judging by the words from AJs camp. People also seem to forget that AJ had Ruiz down before he landed 'a punch from the gods'. I wouldn't quite call it that, but it certainly rattled his equilibrium and that is impossible to recover from for any fighter, don't think that was down to AJs chin.  Just a perfectly landed shot.

If he can avoid the exchanges and uses the jab to his advantage it will be a completely one sided event.

Also the referee will play a big part in this fight. I said earlier cant remember if it was this thread or with mates, but if he allows them to fight on the inside then that's when AJ will find himself in trouble, should he wish to get in those exchanges. I think he's learned his lesson but time will tell.

Given the amount of money Eddie Hearn and Matchroom/Sky/DAZN have invested in AJ, I wouldn't be surprised if this referee does everything he can to avoid fighting on the inside much like the ref for AJ/Parker. Have a watch of Klitschko vs Povetkin from 2013, the referee Luis Pabon is the same ref for Saturday. He let Klitschko get away with some pretty dirty tactics in that fight, maybe he doesn't have a problem protecting home fighters.

• Options
    If Joshua stays calm and remembers a points win is still a win then he should be able to use his height and reach to win comfortably. But if he tries to come in close and get a knockout then he's open to history repeating itself.
  • Options
    I think AJ wins, likely by knockout rounds 4-6.

The whole feeling around the fight reminds me of rematches like Duran/Leonard and Ali/Spinks - big upset in the first fight corrected, and then some, in the rematch.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I think AJ wins, likely by knockout rounds 4-6.

The whole feeling around the fight reminds me of rematches like Duran/Leonard and Ali/Spinks - big upset in the first fight corrected, and then some, in the rematch.
    Hmmm good examples picked there Bob

I was chatting to a mate about this and he was comparing them to Lennox revenging his ko losses to McCall and Rahman and I think if Joshua had been ironed out, like starched like Lewis had been I'd have more faith in Joshua correcting this one, it's the way Ruiz worked out the jab, jab one two so quickly and fired off proper combinations and properly smashed Joshua up over a few rounds and I know I'm saying this knowing he was not right following the first knockdown so was a bit more open to be punched repeatedly but that will 100% be on his mind and if it isn't it should be 
  • Options
    Didn't AJ have a concussion going into the last fight? Despite my reservations, I can see AJ won by KO. Round 8.
  • Options

I really do think AJ has this in the bag.

The last fight he and pretty much everybody else overlooked Andy Ruiz. This time he has had a full camp preparing for Andy Ruiz, and Andy Ruiz only. He looks slimmer which I think will benefit him, hopefully won't tire as quick. Those big muscles require a lot of oxygen to keep them going lol

He will have the ability to move around quicker and box on the back foot and  If he uses his jab and movement, Ruiz honestly doesn't stand a chance. Thought the public workout albeit limited looked good from AJ side, he looked slick and actually showed head movement.

The question is can AJ do that for the entirety of the fight, yes that remains to be seen but I believe in him. McCracken is a great trainer and really didn't deserve the stick he got in the last fight, I'm confident they've worked a lot on his boxing and boxing only, which seems to be the case judging by the words from AJs camp. People also seem to forget that AJ had Ruiz down before he landed 'a punch from the gods'. I wouldn't quite call it that, but it certainly rattled his equilibrium and that is impossible to recover from for any fighter, don't think that was down to AJs chin.  Just a perfectly landed shot.

If he can avoid the exchanges and uses the jab to his advantage it will be a completely one sided event.

Also the referee will play a big part in this fight. I said earlier cant remember if it was this thread or with mates, but if he allows them to fight on the inside then that's when AJ will find himself in trouble, should he wish to get in those exchanges. I think he's learned his lesson but time will tell.

Given the amount of money Eddie Hearn and Matchroom/Sky/DAZN have invested in AJ, I wouldn't be surprised if this referee does everything he can to avoid fighting on the inside much like the ref for AJ/Parker. Have a watch of Klitschko vs Povetkin from 2013, the referee Luis Pabon is the same ref for Saturday. He let Klitschko get away with some pretty dirty tactics in that fight, maybe he doesn't have a problem protecting home fighters.

That is a great point.

The ref for the Parker fight ruined it which was clearly in Joshua's favour. I expect the same this time although i still feel Ruiz will win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    Didn't AJ have a concussion going into the last fight? Despite my reservations, I can see AJ won by KO. Round 8.
    If he did then it didn't bother him for 3 and a half rounds and let's not forget that he dropped Ruiz first.
    It only went wrong for him when Ruiz smashed him on the side of the head and from then on he was done.

Personally i think that with a full camp preparing for Ruiz he will have learned from his mistakes and he'll get the revenge win. Before it seemed like he (along with everyone else) just laughed off Ruiz and thought it'd be an easy win.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Apparently been sparked during this camp too 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The closer we get to fight night, the more convinced I am that this will be an easy night for AJ.  People forget that AJ was training to fight Jarrell Miller, a very different fighter to Ruiz with a completely different style.  Ruiz took the fight at 3 weeks notice & AJ's gameplan went out of the window.  Plus, he got complacent & took Ruiz for granted.

Joshua has had a full training camp for this fight & won't make the mistake of taking Ruiz for granted again.

I'm going for a 3rd round KO
  • Options
    Both men punch hard enough for any prediction to be correct. 
    Really looking forward to this.
  • Options
    Going Ruiz in 4.

Think Ruiz is in AJ’s head much like Bellew was with Haye.
  • Options
    Something was not right before the fight or in the days leading up that without a doubt played a part in it 

but look at AJ now gone totally rocky Vs drago and gone back to basics and instinct 

thing is AJ is made for Ruiz and I think that unless AJ stays calm and boxes for 12 rds (is not in his locker imo ) then the same thing will happen 
  • Options
    I’ve enjoyed reading the views on the fight.  Predictions are evenly divided.  As far as the competition is concerned only those who specify a round (or points) can be in the draw.
  • Options
    Anyone know what time AJ v Ruiz is scheduled for?
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Ring walk at 8.45pm UK time.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Greenie said:
    Ring walk at 8.45pm UK time.
    Cheers @bobmunro
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AJ’s lack of head movement will be his downfall in this one I think 
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Wow, Ruiz comes in a STONE heavier than MSG.

Can't see that being good for him to be honest, don't see what all that extra weight is going to add to his game or how it will benefit him.

Joshua 10lb lighter which is a significant difference, and I think this now tips the fight in his favour if he adopts the boxing strategy I mentioned earlier in this thread.

• Options

Wow, Ruiz comes in a STONE heavier than MSG.

Can't see that being good for him to be honest, don't see what all that extra weight is going to add to his game or how it will benefit him.

Joshua 10lb lighter which is a significant difference, and I think this now tips the fight in his favour if he adopts the boxing strategy I mentioned earlier in this thread.

That's a bizarre thing for Ruiz to do. As you say i can't see how that helps him. Surely it'll slow him down which should make him easier to hit.

I still worry that AJ can't just be boring for 12 rounds and just win the fight that way. He literally has to stay focused and jab his way to victory. Yes it'll be boring but he has to win those belts back and once he has them no one will remember the way it was done.

I'm still going for a Ruiz win but his weight has made me question that.
  • Options
    A stone heavier makes absolutely no sence whatsoever. 
    Who's he think he is .Butterbean 
  • Options
    Maybe too much of the good life since he won the belts.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Maybe too much of the good life since he won the belts.
    That's exactly what this is. He lived too much of that Lamborghini life between winning the belts and starting this next camp. Even an 8 week camp just wasn't enough time for him to catch up.
  • Options
    Maybe weights in his jeans , he got on the scales fully clothed 
  • Options
    With the extreme differences in stature and reach there shouldn't be a cat in hell's chance that an immobile lard bucket like Ruiz could lay a glove on AJ, far less deliver a knockout blow.  AJ's defense/attention was so far wanting last time that it has to be possible it will be again.  For all we know Ruiz has spent his winnings on burgers, broads and bugle ever since and AJ will knock him on his arse inside 30 seconds like he should have last time.  But AJ has proved way fallible.
    2/1 means the bookies haven't taken any money on Ruiz at all worth mentioning.
    All of which is trifling in the context of such a big money sporting occasion taking place in a morally bankrupt state where a chosen very few rule with vicious zeal, where human rights are anathema and the ruling cadre consider cold blooded murder to be routine government policy for suppressing critics.  Blood money indeed.  Joshua, Hearn et al should be pariahs for taking it.  Beneath contempt.
  • Options
    With the extreme differences in stature and reach there shouldn't be a cat in hell's chance that an immobile lard bucket like Ruiz could lay a glove on AJ, far less deliver a knockout blow.  AJ's defense/attention was so far wanting last time that it has to be possible it will be again.  For all we know Ruiz has spent his winnings on burgers, broads and bugle ever since and AJ will knock him on his arse inside 30 seconds like he should have last time.  But AJ has proved way fallible.
    2/1 means the bookies haven't taken any money on Ruiz at all worth mentioning.
    All of which is trifling in the context of such a big money sporting occasion taking place in a morally bankrupt state where a chosen very few rule with vicious zeal, where human rights are anathema and the ruling cadre consider cold blooded murder to be routine government policy for suppressing critics.  Blood money indeed.  Joshua, Hearn et al should be pariahs for taking it.  Beneath contempt.
    Now tell us what you really think?
  • Options
    Maybe weights in his jeans , he got on the scales fully clothed 
    Possibly. 
    But I watched the gloves are off with him and Joshua and he looked huge