Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    It wasnt exciting but a good boxing display from AJ.

Fury outboxes him comfortably though 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    It was a professional and well thought out tactical win it was no masterclass like sky and Eddie want you to believe , full respect to AJ and the team I was very happy that he was at the weight I would like to see him stay at to have any chance against fury and wilder . 

• Options
    It was a professional and well thought out tactical win it was no masterclass like sky and Eddie want you to believe , full respect to AJ and the team I was very happy that he was at the wright I would like to see him stay at to have any chance against fury and wilder . 

Boxed well and stuck to the game plan but they're acting as if he's put in an Ali like performance, so OTT.
  • Options
    I think that's the last boxing match I will ever bother tuning in for.

Watching UFC, I can't understand why anyone would choose to watch boxing instead. So dull. 
  • Options
    Sky commentary was embarrassing the way they talked it up , proper cringe 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Given how Joshua lost the previous fight, he had to be smart last night which meant he was unlikely to lose, but the fight was unlikely to be a classic. What Joshua has learned or is maybe still learning is that he can beat most, if not all fighters, behind his jab. It must be tempting to open up but if he gets tempted, that is when he is vulnerable. I think he is a fighter who will get harder to beat with every fight, but we won't see fireworks like the Klitschco fight.
  • Options
    Anyone know a site where I can watch it now? Gave up on the streams last night.
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:
    Thanks for posting this.
    I managed to watch the last seven rounds with virtually no interruption. 
    So thanks again. 
  • Options
    YEah much appreciated @cafcbrown

was also interesting having the American commentary from DAZN rather than Sky, and I much preferred it. They were impressed with Joshua’s discipline to stick to his game plan. 

In in my opinion, Joshua changed as a boxer around the Parker fight 4 fights ago. He looked like he started boxing with caution, bordering on fear in the ring. An overriding fear of being hurt rather than desire to do the hurting is not a good trait to have at the Big Bang level. 
  • Options
    Posing, posturing and strutting around as though he has just KO'd Tyson in his prime? Joshua, you are a joke.  

You just out-pointed a fat bloke who looked as though he had just come out of the pub. The same fat bloke from the pub who battered you last time and showed the whole world how over rated you really are. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst he hasn't got a glass jaw, he is not the best at taking a punch so he needs to be a cautious fighter. He is now fighting people who can hurt you. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    https://youtu.be/p_W2i74zBGA

It probably won't stay up long though 
  • Options
    The post fight interview was one of worst things I've ever seen, no wonder Sky and Hearn make sure he's usually working from a script.

"Haven't you heard? We're doing a third." No thanks. 
  • Options
    Just seen the Pacheco knockout... Ouch. Kid is going places
  • Options
    Sky commentary was embarrassing the way they talked it up , proper cringe 
    Was watching in a pub so couldn't turn it off but my god Bellew was fucking annoying. Surprised he could actually see the fight given his head was stuck up Joshua's arse.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    https://youtu.be/p_W2i74zBGA

It probably won't stay up long though 
    Cheers, I think I'll wait until it's up on the sky on demand.
  • Options
    Just caught up on Eubank JR... lucky that Korobov pulled out,

I’d fancy Eubank later in the fight but Korobov looked the better fighter until the stoppage, albeit only 5minutes. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Huskaris said:
    I think that's the last boxing match I will ever bother tuning in for.

Watching UFC, I can't understand why anyone would choose to watch boxing instead. So dull. 

Wilder, Fury and Joshua would have all fought each other by now in the UFC.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Better quality & English commentary

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7owlh4
  • Options
    Impressed that AJ managed to stay calm and composed and got the job done. 
    Pleased to see him back at his proper weight.
    He’s learnt from the first time and adjusted, which shows good character.

I feel, though, that wilder knocks him spark out within 8 rounds. Shame we’ll never get to find out 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This lotto ticket is for DoctorCharlton and his prediction of a points victory for AJ:

04 05 18 24 30 39

13 26 29 31 33 38

08 12 23 32 35 36

02 03 06 19 25 37

01 15 17 26 36 39

02 07 14 23 28 34

06 10 27 30 31 32

03 04 05 11 12 29

12 14 15 17 37 40

02 03 16 25 26 28

Best of luck.  The draw is Wednesday evening NZ time..

• Options

This lotto ticket is for DoctorCharlton and his prediction of a points victory for AJ:

04 05 18 24 30 39

13 26 29 31 33 38

08 12 23 32 35 36

02 03 06 19 25 37

01 15 17 26 36 39

02 07 14 23 28 34

06 10 27 30 31 32

03 04 05 11 12 29

12 14 15 17 37 40

02 03 16 25 26 28

Best of luck.  The draw is Wednesday evening NZ time..

Haha thanks mate! 

If I hit the jackpot, a CharltonLife trip to NZ will be in order. 
  • Options

Unified world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua said a health issue left him "tired" and "drained" in the build-up to his June defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr.

"I had some issue with my health which I was going through for a long time," Joshua said.

The Briton added: "I didn't know what was wrong with me. I felt so tired and drained and thought it must be down to training.

"In the changing room before the fight I got a bucket of ice and was putting my head in it thinking 'why do I feel so tired?'

"The responsibilities of being world champion are difficult. All that stuff, feeling so tired, dealing with obligations.

"Now I have energy, I haven't missed a session."

He added: "After my check-ups it showed what the problem was and this is what you have to get sorted."

• Options
    Why didn't he pull out the fight? Too much pressure from his management/promoter?
  • Options
    Going in the ring in that condition could have endangered his health or even his life.
  • Options
    Couple of points on the Joshua fight.

There was no margin for error in this one - lose this fight and AJ was in no-mans land - fought conservatively, stayed behind his jab at distance and never took the bait.

Relatively easy win in the end and he has now got himself back on the top table.

Andy Ruiz was a disgrace - what a total fat slob, and he totally disrespected both boxing and the heavyweight title, by turning up in that condition.

He then had the cheek to talk about 'next time' and wished he had listened etc - poor old Andy doesn't realise that the gravy train won't be coming back to him for quite a while - what an idiot.

If he had come in at the same condition as last time, he would have had the fitness and speed to close the distance more often, and to put more pressure on AJ. As it was he waddled around for 12 rounds with all of the menace of a pissed up tellytubby.
    Sadly with Hearn on the footplate of the gravy train, Ruiz or any other fat bum will be welcomed back with open arms, so long as they agree to a small enough slice of the purse.  AJ's gonna get rinsed for every last riyal, shekel, lira, rupee and dong those parasites can find, til the next likely chump turns up and falls for the bullshit.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Meant to add if he wasn't the biggest cash cow he's likely to ever have.
  • Options
    Needs to have a serious word with the twats around him if that's the case.
    Hearn wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
    Snake
    I don't think that's true... AJ is hearns golden ticket and gets treated as such. Hearn looks to maximise his cash, AJ does that... If you'd have said Dillian or someone else I'd agree, but hearn is so far up AJs arse you can barely see his feet
  • Options
    Good, can't stand looking at his smug face.