Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Dillian Whyte reinstated as WBC mandatory challenger to Wilder and has suspension lifted

• Does this mean he gets a crack at wilder before Fury does ?

• This lotto ticket is for DoctorCharlton and his prediction of a points victory for AJ:

04 05 18 24 30 39

13 26 29 31 33 38

08 12 23 32 35 36

02 03 06 19 25 37

01 15 17 26 36 39

02 07 14 23 28 34

06 10 27 30 31 32

03 04 05 11 12 29

12 14 15 17 37 40

02 03 16 25 26 28

Best of luck.  The draw is Wednesday evening NZ time..

Haha thanks mate! 

If I hit the jackpot, a CharltonLife trip to NZ will be in order. 
    Have just checked the numbers DoctorCharlton.  No luck.  I’d hoped we might have at least got you to the airport!  You got three in two lines which might qualify you for bonus tickets.  I’ll let you know if that means progress.  Trust me.  For the record the winning numbers were:

02 07 11 16 28 39  Bonus number: 05
  • Does this mean he gets a crack at wilder before Fury does ?
    No chance.

They already (ridiculously) gave Tyson Fury his position, so they'll now say he'll only become mandatory after Wilder v Fury. Whyte won't become mandatory until 2021. 

Totally unfair on Whyte.
  • Surprised to see Davison and Fury have split. 
    Peter Fury has been pretty outspoken in his criticism of BD as a decent fitness trainer but with no boxing knowledge.

Back with the Kronk mob and Sugar Hill Steward. 

Think this is a wise move as long as he remembers to keep up some kind of fitness regime as well as the boxing. Need both, not either/or.
  • Yeah I think Fury has gone with head over heart here.

During the Schwarz fight I remember him watching it back and he said he wasn't listening to Ben's advice at all, not a good sign. His performance against Wallin really wasn't great either so I respect that it's time for a change.

Just a shame as Davison is the man who really did get Fury out of a dark place, but I guess all good things come to an end.

Not at all after the comments from big john

Shane fury and John fury hold no tongue and I know Shane has been very vocal about the team and the hangers on, 

he is not happy the focus hadn’t been there between fights certain things were slipping back in and the media stuff became distracting 

you will not find anyone who k owns Tyson or looks after Tyson better than Shane and if he doesn’t like you , you don’t get near the big man no matter who you are 

Not at all after the comments from big john

Shane fury and John fury hold no tongue and I know Shane has been very vocal about the team and the hangers on, 

he is not happy the focus hadn’t been there between fights certain things were slipping back in and the media stuff became distracting 

you will not find anyone who k owns Tyson or looks after Tyson better than Shane and if he doesn’t like you , you don’t get near the big man no matter who you are 

Always been sceptical of Davison, but I have to respect the place he assisted in getting Tyson out of, however its no coincidence that BJS gas left him twice and now Fury has left.

What will Isaac be doing?

Seems Fury has teamed up with Emmanuel Stewards Nephew, any thoughts on that one? 
  • edited December 2019
    Isaac will follow Tyson I don’t doubt but he doesn’t live the life mate and is one of those that annoys Shane 

but the big man is issac best man so they won’t split him away but he has been told about the way he is living life no surprise he is now getting married 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry @nth_london_addick, I of course meant John's comments post the last fight.

Anyone see Crawford this weekend? Great fight. Thought Lopez also a great fight. Really entertaining card. 
  • @nth_london_addick

Is there any truth in the rumours that Tyson might be considering a move to fight in the UFC?
  • Yeah I think Fury has gone with head over heart here.

During the Schwarz fight I remember him watching it back and he said he wasn't listening to Ben's advice at all, not a good sign. His performance against Wallin really wasn't great either so I respect that it's time for a change.

Just a shame as Davison is the man who really did get Fury out of a dark place, but I guess all good things come to an end.

The Tyson and ben relationship was by chance it was very organic and they just clicked no one knew of him really except for the trainer that probably was with BJS on his worst performance I can recall 

but with Tyson it was more plutonic more friendship and was all about weight loss and getting the snap back in to Tyson to see if he could be bothered with it all I remember going there in the beginning and wondering if Tyson could do it after all it had been a long time and there was so much weight to shift 

listening to Shane and Tyson you could tell he found life again and I can’t tell you how happy that made me feel because he is a great great man (I have asked for the book at Xmas )hopefully Santa has listened , there were times that I still didn’t think it would happen 

they always will be best of friends because I believe Ben and his relationship saved his life 

do I think he will go in UFC I think Tyson will do it if he wants to

i know he does like the idea I know he has spoken about the idea and I know him and darren till are friends 

you could see him on the big screen you could see him on strictly I honestly believe he could turn up anywhere in the future 
  • Sorry @nth_london_addick, I of course meant John's comments post the last fight.

Anyone see Crawford this weekend? Great fight. Thought Lopez also a great fight. Really entertaining card. 
    The shot that lined up the first knockdown before the final knock down was a beauty 
  • Crawford looked good. Wonder who he has lined up. I heard Porter (I say heard to look like I'm in the know, actually I read it on the BBC :smiley:) who is alright. Hoping Spence recovers from his car crash.
  • Whoever's in charge of Tyson I just hope they can get inside his head. 
    Forget all this cage fighting shit and concentrate on boxing. 
    Get him right in the head and Tyson fury beats wilder and Joshua all day long. 

I can assure you the WWE was just too much money yo turn down and gives him an option in future 

UFC is down the line and not in mind but it’s keeping him focused in a gym when Tyson gets bored it’s not a good thing so he found a sticky plaster to cover the time 

right now he is laser focus on boxing wilder on 22nd feb mark my words laser focused 

I can assure you the WWE was just too much money yo turn down and gives him an option in future 

UFC is down the line and not in mind but it’s keeping him focused in a gym when Tyson gets bored it’s not a good thing so he found a sticky plaster to cover the time 

right now he is laser focus on boxing wilder on 22nd feb mark my words laser focused 
    That's good to hear. 
    Hopefully he gets the job done 
  • Having watched the first fight back again, and indeed both of Wilder's fight with Ortiz, I honestly think that TF knocks him out this time round.

Given the long lay-off, and his natural defensiveness you could see why TF wasn't more clinical first time round, but DW is so easy to hit, that with better timing and a little more agression from TF, then I think he may be ready to put on a show.

You could see from DW's facial expressions, and lack of inclination to get in close, that he didn't fancy taking too many shots from TF, and given that he was giving 3 or 4 stones away, I can't say that I blame him.

Obviously need to avoid DW's power, but again if you watch the first fight, it was more tiredness and ring rust that caused both knock downs - which is not to say that DW isn't capable of knocking TF out, as if he lands cleanly, then of course he is.
  • McBobbin said:
    Crawford looked good. Wonder who he has lined up. I heard Porter (I say heard to look like I'm in the know, actually I read it on the BBC :smiley:) who is alright. Hoping Spence recovers from his car crash.

I would love to see Crawford and Bad Intentions get it on in 2020. methinks, even without the RTA incident, that it is a fight that doesn't get made easily.
    Having watched the first fight back again, and indeed both of Wilder's fight with Ortiz, I honestly think that TF knocks him out this time round.

Given the long lay-off, and his natural defensiveness you could see why TF wasn't more clinical first time round, but DW is so easy to hit, that with better timing and a little more agression from TF, then I think he may be ready to put on a show.

You could see from DW's facial expressions, and lack of inclination to get in close, that he didn't fancy taking too many shots from TF, and given that he was giving 3 or 4 stones away, I can't say that I blame him.

Obviously need to avoid DW's power, but again if you watch the first fight, it was more tiredness and ring rust that caused both knock downs - which is not to say that DW isn't capable of knocking TF out, as if he lands cleanly, then of course he is.
    Whilst of course I respect your view, I actually re-watched it myself on Sunday and scored it heavily in favor of the Brown Bomber. But my own scoring preference is always heavily based on the effects of punches landing have on the other fighter - and this isn't the way to score a fight I know.

I just think Deontay will get that right hook on TF at some point and then it is Goodnight Vienna. Of course, Tyson does have it in him to rise from the dead within 12-13 seconds ;) I hope Tyson reigns the showboating in slightly as I don;t think it phases Wilder - and if showboating don't phase the opponent then it is pointless.

Gonna be a cracker when it goes off.
  • Sponsored links:

• From what I've seen of the main contenders if Tyson Fury trains properly and stays on an even keel he is capable of defeating all of them.
  • LenGlover said:
    From what I've seen of the main contenders if Tyson Fury trains properly and stays on an even keel he is capable of defeating all of them.
    All day long. 
    Plus if he is as focused as NLA says he is then he wins at a canter. 
  • edited December 2019

Just won two tickets to the Dubois fight this weekend.

Good show I think, one of the better ones Frank has put on this year.

I'm most looking forward to Sunny Edwards vs Marcel Braithwaite. Sunny is somebody I rate very highly, and who doesn't love a domestic dust up.

Of course my guy Archie Sharp is on the card too, not sure if his bout will be televised though.

• Chisora v Usyk march 7th. Should be tasty
  • Great match up, that... Probably try to go if it's in London 
  • Del boy is brave as they come, but think that Usyk will run over him, just like he has so many others, with that menacing style that he has.

Seriously talented fighter, and with a little more bulk added and another couple of decent scalps on his record, then I can see him getting a seat at the top table within 18 months.
  • Of all the current crop of heavyweights, Usyk is comfortably the best boxer - and as a cruiserweight he would be in the argument for the best P4P in the world.

So as a purist boxing fan I really hope he can mix it with the big boys. I think he will have too much for Del boy but not sure he troubles Fury or Joshua.
  • McBobbin said:
    Chisora v Usyk march 7th. Should be tasty
    Which i guess almost certainly means Joshua will now fight Pulev in April.

Then Joshua v Usyk later in the year.

Joshua was never going to fight Usyk as his mandatory next because they're both matchroom fighters, and it would've meant giving away the IBF which would've then likely ended up with Fury/Wilder.
  • McBobbin said:
    Chisora v Usyk march 7th. Should be tasty
    Which i guess almost certainly means Joshua will now fight Pulev in April.

Then Joshua v Usyk later in the year.

Joshua was never going to fight Usyk as his mandatory next because they're both matchroom fighters, and it would've meant giving away the IBF which would've then likely ended up with Fury/Wilder.
    Will be interesting if they can persuade the WBO to delay their mandatory now. I’m sure they’ll be offering contracted agreements to fight immediately after Pulev but if the WBO say no Usyk vs Chisora could be for a vacant title.
    Although I doubt the WBO will be too eager to miss out on the associated sanctioning fees that come with Joshua, so will perhaps be more flexible than with other fighters.
  • I can see Usyk troubling Joshua more than he'd trouble Fury tbh.