Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Saunders vs Lemieux is one of the best performances I've ever seen... If he performs like that in any other fight, he wins...he needs a knockout to win on points vs Canelo on Cinco de Mayo in Vegas 
    That’s exactly what I mean. He’s still living off that performance from about 3 years ago. Lemieux isn’t exactly elite level opponent either. 

Looked terrible in his last two fights as well. 
    Woahhh, I didn't say that... I think he outboxes him and gets robbed
    Bill has always been one of those fighters that seems to fight at his opponents level. Put him in against a world class fighter and he raises his game accordingly. Just can’t get himself up for those tick over type of fights
    I agree with this 
  • Options
    I think Billy Joe Saunders is one of the most gifted technical boxers ever to come from Britain. He can take a punch too

That said, I completely agree. Everything is against him. Mexican holiday, in Vegas, boxing's current cash generator is Alvarez and even if he flattens him he would only get given a draw. He's got it in him though. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Saunders vs Lemieux is one of the best performances I've ever seen... If he performs like that in any other fight, he wins...he needs a knockout to win on points vs Canelo on Cinco de Mayo in Vegas 
    Agree with Sayer here. The phase “needs a knockout for a draw” was invented for a fight against Canelo....in Vegas.....on a Mexican holiday.
  • Options
    Draw at 25/1 looks good value to me, considering we already know that there is a trilogy in the making
  • Options
    Draw does look good value again. But I see a scenario where fury is up on the cards. But referee stops the fights due to the cut re-opening. Thus allowing a 3rd fight.

It must be scripted out already, as I fail to see a need for a 3rd fights considering the first fight ended a draw. 
  • Options
    I’m really looking forward to this but the whole trilogy thing does make you wonder a bit. If both men are still standing at the end I’ll bet it will be another draw regardless of what actually happens. Mind you, there has to be a big chance that both men won’t still be standing at the end. 
  • Options
    Fury wont win on points against wilder in America, the 1st fight proved that to me.  Fury needs to knock wilder out and I dont think he has the power to do so.

It will either be a devastating Wilder KO, or fury will outbox wilder for 12 rounds and win the fight by a wide margin, only for wilder to be awarded the victory and we all complain about how rigged boxing is
    Not sure I agree with that. If it wasn't for the knockdown in the 12th round, Fury would have won the fight based on the scoring of the judges for the first 11 rounds.

I scored Fury a slim winner on points in the first fight but I could easily have got a round or two wrong - with two 10-8 rounds the draw wasn't a robbery, I've seen far, far worse decisions.

That said - if it goes the distance and Fury doesn't take a count then he wins on points. But I fear Wilder will catch him with a big one at some point and he will stay down.
  • Options
    What's Wilder's chin like?

Fury has won quite a few by knockout (I know we are not necessarily talking world class with those) but tends to box rather than punch. I suspect he might surprise us if he actually tries punching as I'm not convinced Wilder has a strong chin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    What's Wilder's chin like?

Fury has won quite a few by knockout (I know we are not necessarily talking world class with those) but tends to box rather than punch. I suspect he might surprise us if he actually tries punching as I'm not convinced Wilder has a strong chin.
    Ortiz got him going and then tired and got caught with a really nasty uppercut from nowhere 
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXi7W9_UKf0

Good interview this, Kugan does a great interview and clearly has a strong relationship with Tyson.

• Options
    Whoever wins is there any chance that they will fight Joshua and unify the titles or will it all be trash talk about who's avoiding who?
  • Options
    Not immediately, they have an agreement for a trilogy first so after that, we shall see.
  • Options

If i order the fight on BT is it replayed (i.e. if i don't get up to watch it at 4am is it reshown at certain times) or can you watch it at a time of your choice if you have bought it?

• Options
    Real shame but I just can’t get myself interested in a 4am fight. Not seen one for 20 years now.

Lots of people talking Fury up. I see it as a fairly comfortable Wilder win sadly. Fury can’t take his power and Wilder will be better at landing on him this time. Not got great confidence in that cut not opening up again.  

Really like Fury and hope he can outbox and avoid taking a bomb for 12 rounds. Genuinely think they’ll get the Joshua fight on (in somewhere ridiculous like Saudi Arabia or UAE) if he gets through this 

• Options
    The race baiting from the America media is embarrassing. Wilder biting to it with black history month, but Fury answered perfectly.
  • Options
    I am worried by the fact that Tyson changed trainer, it seemed to me that his tactics last time under Ben Davidson were spot-on.

He has been talking a lot about knocking Wilder out and, to me at least, that seems a pointless risk to take.

Tyson doesn't have a knockout punch, so trying to get in close and land one is not worth it because he won't finish the fight that way.

He already has the template, just get on your bike and outbox him, use the jab to keep him off balance and, most importantly, don't lunge in because that's how Wilder punishes you.

Last time out Tyson only really got clocked once, that knockdown in round 12, the other one was very scruffy, so if he learns his lesson and doesn't "get greedy" as Davidson would tell him then he can box his way to a win.

It's not dissimilar in some ways to winning like Joshua did against Ruiz - cut out all risks and get the job done very clinically.
  • Options
    Real shame but I just can’t get myself interested in a 4am fight. Not seen one for 20 years now.

Lots of people talking Fury up. I see it as a fairly comfortable Wilder win sadly. Fury can’t take his power and Wilder will be better at landing on him this time. Not got great confidence in that cut not opening up again.  

Really like Fury and hope he can outbox and avoid taking a bomb for 12 rounds. Genuinely think they’ll get the Joshua fight on (in somewhere ridiculous like Saudi Arabia or UAE) if he gets through this 

Rings walks likely to be nearer 5am (9pm Vegas) so go to bed then get up early for it.

And although i don't particularly like the idea of them fighting in places like Saudi, the hype around the Joshua-Ruiz fight was helped i think by the fact it was on at about 9-10pm in England and tons more people could watch it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm hearing strong rumours that Tyson is almost 270lb for this fight which if true, means he's a stone heavier than when he faced Wilder previously and almost two stone heavier than his fight with Wallin (last fight).

To say Fury doesn't have knockout power is showing lack of knowledge in my opinion. It's never been Fury's style to hard hit and go for KO's, he's more stick and move but it's heavyweight boxing, when you're throwing 17st+ behind a punch believe me anybody is capable of a knockout.

He's been training with Sugar Hill and Kronk and has openly stated he's working on his shot selection and shot power. Combining this trainer and the weight gain, he's certainly going to be hitting a lot harder than previous. If he does come in at or around 270, he not only has the ability to KO Wilder but has thoroughly increased his chances of doing so.

• Options

@nth_london_addick haven't seen you on this thread for a while. Always like to hear your insight.

How do you see it?

• Options
    edited February 2020

I'm hearing strong rumours that Tyson is almost 270lb for this fight which if true, means he's a stone heavier than when he faced Wilder previously and almost two stone heavier than his fight with Wallin (last fight).

To say Fury doesn't have knockout power is showing lack of knowledge in my opinion. It's never been Fury's style to hard hit and go for KO's, he's more stick and move but it's heavyweight boxing, when you're throwing 17st+ behind a punch believe me anybody is capable of a knockout.

He's been training with Sugar Hill and Kronk and has openly stated he's working on his shot selection and shot power. Combining this trainer and the weight gain, he's certainly going to be hitting a lot harder than previous. If he does come in at or around 270, he not only has the ability to KO Wilder but has thoroughly increased his chances of doing so.

Going by that fury program last night, he was 18'2 the morning of the Wallin fight. Furys old man reckons he fights best at 18'10- 18'12. 270 lb is 19 stone 2 lb

• Options
    edited February 2020
    shine166 said:

Going by that fury program last night, he was 18'2 the morning of the Wallin fight. Furys old man reckons he fights best at 18'10- 18'12. 270 lb is 19 stone 2 lb

Fury was 245lb for Wallin on the scales at weigh in. Fight day after re-hydration he was 254lb.

Fury's old man isn't his trainer, so if he's a couple of pounds outside what big John thinks, that counts for nothing. Sugar Hill has trained multiple world champions so if he thinks Tyson should be 19st2lb, then I'd be more inclined to go with that.

Edit: Bear in mind this 19st2lb is hypothetical at this present moment, we will know more around 10:30pm

• Options
    shine166 said:

Fury was 245lb for Wallin on the scales at weigh in. Fight day after re-hydration he was 254lb.

Fury's old man isn't his trainer, so if he's a couple of pounds outside what big John thinks, that counts for nothing. Sugar Hill has trained multiple world champions so if he thinks Tyson should be 19st2lb, then I'd be more inclined to go with that.

Edit: Bear in mind this 19st2lb is hypothetical at this present moment, we will know more around 10:30pm

Not only is he not his trainer, hes an absolute bell end. Just repeating what I saw on that program last night, not trying to pretend I'm clued up on the world of boxing 🤝
  • Options
    shine166 said:

why would a heavyweight have been dehydrated - what benefit is there to them, seeing as they dont need to make a weight ?
  • Options
    Heart wants Fury, head says Wilder catches him in the middle rounds. 

Got 6/1 on a Wilder KO in rounds 4-7 to make the disappointment easier to take. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    shine166 said:

why would a heavyweight have been dehydrated - what benefit is there to them, seeing as they dont need to make a weight ?
    Dehydration/rehydration is perhaps the wrong word to use there. The added weight would likely have been him carbing up before the fight, that’s all. 
  • Options
    thanks Doctor
  • Options
    That was up there with the most crooked decisions ever in boxing. This ruins boxing for me.

Mimoune bt McKenna hands down.