Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• McBobbin said:
    I can see Usyk troubling Joshua more than he'd trouble Fury tbh. 

Agreed.
  • Wow. The look of disappointment on Chavez Sr face when his son quit. Fuming. 

Respect to Jacobs, a fantastic boxer getting his debut win at 168, big fights ahead for the Miracle Man.
    Dedicated the performance to Patrick Day too 
  • I've got to be honest I don't rate Chavez jnr in the slightest. He has been a shell of a fighter for years 

That said, I'm really happy for Danny Jacobs regardless the man is a genuine inspiration 
  • Chavez Jr is only where he is because of his dad if you ask me, interesting to see the Crowd reaction after too, they really weren’t happy were they lol 
  • Chavez Jr is only where he is because of his dad if you ask me, interesting to see the Crowd reaction after too, they really weren’t happy were they lol 
    That's my take exactly, he's had more opportunities put in front of him than most boxers on the planet. At one point he had it in his locker to do something in the sport apart from attract nostalgic fans of his dad 

• How many more walking trash cans is Warren gonna out in front of Dubois?
  • Major upset in the boxing tonight when Fujimoto somehow reached the 2nd round against Dubois.
  • I'm sure they'll wheel out David price, weekend at Bernie's style, for him to deck at some point. Followed by Chisora...
  • Frank Warren isn't known for rushing fighters, not only that but Dubois is a baby in heavyweight terms and is fighting at the right level for now. He isn't ready for a roughhouse Chisora and I doubt Price will fancy giving him his name. There are some decent UK heavyweights about who will probably look at Dubois and want an awful lot of money to be punched by him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone think Dubois is going to the top? Haven’t caught many of his fights so can’t comment? Seems to have the tools, I know it’s early days 
  • He looks the part mate, for my money I think he looks far more threatening and meaningful than Joshua at a similar stage. 

Of course, like Joshua we wont really know until he fights someone who can really offer a threat as well as punch resistance 
  • Dubouis will go close to the very top, but throwing him in with someone like delboy now would be very silly... He needs to learn his craft and putting him in with a world level slugger is not going to help that, it'll get turned into a brawl and I don't think he has got the experience to fight his own fight in that situation just yet
  • I was being a bit flippant because everyone gets to fight Price and Chisora! From what little I've seen Dubois is dangerous and still young, 
  • Carter said:
    He looks the part mate, for my money I think he looks far more threatening and meaningful than Joshua at a similar stage. 

Of course, like Joshua we wont really know until he fights someone who can really offer a threat as well as punch resistance 
    Joshua was more of a late developer though wasn’t he? So have to take 2 years off really to gauge the similarities. But at 22 still has a couple of years to develop further. 

Wouldn’t be putting him in with Chisora until early 2021. 
  • Josh Taylor signs a deal with TopRank and MTK. 

McGuigans must be fuming, I see they’re already looking at taking legal action for breach of contract. No doubt Eddie must be fuming as well. 

Should be quite interesting watching this develop, but Josh Taylor is a fantastic fighter and deserves the biggest fights possible which this platform will give him. 
  • what are you guys think about Wilder - Fury fight ? is a month away...and i have conflicting toughts about it...
    51% Wilder by devastating KO - 49% Fury by wide margins.
    I like Fury and I hope he wins but if you ask me I would love more a fight between AJ and Wilder ... 

Dubois vs Joyce sounds god as well , hope they make it... Dubois by decision , The Juggernaut have tremendous chin.

• I think Fury wins this one by 12 rounds
  • Cosmin said:
    what are you guys think about Wilder - Fury fight ? is a month away...and i have conflicting toughts about it...
    51% Wilder by devastating KO - 49% Fury by wide margins.
    I like Fury and I hope he wins but if you ask me I would love more a fight between AJ and Wilder ... 

Dubois vs Joyce sounds god as well , hope they make it... Dubois by decision , The Juggernaut have tremendous chin.

I'd rather see Fury v Joshua personally. 
  • Fury vs AJ it will happen no matter what. and I think Fury will outbox AJ .
    but a fight between AJ and Wilder is more entertaining in my eyes. AJ dosen't have Fury's skills and he will stand and trade with Wilder.

• Sponsored links:

• I'd love to see Fury win, but think Wilder will put him down and he'll stay down this time. Don't think he's looked good at all in his last two fights, maybe this change of trainer is what he needs but I just don't think he's improved much since that Fury Wilder 1. Hope I'm wrong.

Dubois in my opinion is much superior to Joe the Sluggernaught Joyce I like to call him. The guy moves like a bus, Dubois would destroy him. No way is that going to the end.

• Fury won the first fight , but I think Wilder is going to be more patient now and land that monstrous right hand ... yes Fury looked horrible against Wallin ...
    I hope Fury win but Wilders's power is scary.

Dubois is the better fighter , no doubt , but I think Joyce have a tremendous chin...but we will see.

• Joyce Dubois happening in April apparently... On PPV.  Solid domestic fight
  • McBobbin said:
    Joyce Dubois happening in April apparently... On PPV.  Solid domestic fight
    Defo not PPV worthy quite yet.
  • Kinda hoping Wilder wins to shut up Fury’s lineal champ rubbish. 
  • buckshee said:
    McBobbin said:
    Joyce Dubois happening in April apparently... On PPV.  Solid domestic fight
    Defo not PPV worthy quite yet.
    Eddie would make a Charlton Life spat from Macro’s car park PPV
    Aren't they both Warren? 
  • One aspect of boxing that really winds me up is the fascination with undefeated records seemingly regardless of opponent 

Neither of them will want to lose at the stages they are at. Joyce always seems to bludgeon his way to a win but his style is horrible to watch 

Dubois has something about him, really whacks and can take a shot, granted not from any high level opponents as he hasnt really fought any

So in short, the only way Warren would get Joyce or more likely his management to agree to a fight with Dubois is by offering a lot of money. Promoters don't like losing their own money so that means pay per view 

If he puts a good card together I'll probably buy and watch this as these 2 are the British hope in heavyweight boxing once Joshua and Fury step down and I think it could be a bit of a war
  • The big question for me is will Fury's eye be ok. The cut he sustained needed forty odd stitches and Wilders bound to target it. 
  • The big question for me is will Fury's eye be ok. The cut he sustained needed forty odd stitches and Wilders bound to target it. 
    Not sure Wilder is smart enough to target anything, strikes me as an athlete with all the tools and no fight IQ whatsoever. Gets over the line through monstrous power but is so often outboxed until he gets the KO or the awful decision draw in Fury's case