Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    AJ within 3 if this continues on
  • Options
    Another bosh 
  • Options
    Very big bosh 
  • Options
    Wow 
  • Options
    Good night, fair play AJ
  • Options
    Bosh x 3. I hope that he's okay.
  • Options
    Circus fight. 
  • Options
    Wow what a statement from AJ! 
  • Options
    Still think he does Fury
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That last shot was a free hit. Took aim like it was at a punch machine in a pub
  • Options
    edited March 9
    Croydon said:
    Think it says more about Ngannou (and how poor Fury was last fight) than Joshua to be honest.

Interesting seeing flashes of the pre-Ruiz Joshua though, it's a shame that fight made him worried about getting hit, he doesn't fight.to his strengths anywhere near often enough.
  • Options
    'Are we looking at the best heavyweight on the planet?' 

He got beat twice by Usyk you melt  :D  :D
    I don't know what was wrong with him in those Usyk fights but it was like he was scared of being hit. He should have just gone all out instead of thinking that he is a great boxer that could out-box a really good boxer.
  • Options

I don't know what was wrong with him in those Usyk fights but it was like he was scared of being hit. He should have just gone all out instead of thinking that he is a great boxer that could out-box a really good boxer.
    He was fighting a boxer better than him, basically. 

Usyk countered him all night and left him clueless and unable to throw. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    That last shot was a free hit. Took aim like it was at a punch machine in a pub
    That's exactly how it was. He took a run up for that punch.
  • Options
    'No man that can beat him' 

Except for the guy that has already done it twice I guess   :D 

No wonder Eddie is begging Fury to win against Usyk. 
  • Options

He was fighting a boxer better than him, basically. 

Usyk countered him all night and left him clueless and unable to throw. 
    He tried to out-box a far better boxer. He was never going to beat him like that. Doesn't mean that he can't beat him.
    After all Dubois should have besten him.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Think it says more about Ngannou (and how poor Fury was last fight) than Joshua to be honest.

Interesting seeing flashes of the pre-Ruiz Joshua though, it's a shame that fight made him worried about getting hit, he doesn't fight.to his strengths anywhere near often enough.
    Still a statement to spark someone who's never been dropped in a cage like that I think. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Still a statement to spark someone who's never been dropped in a cage like that I think. 

People acting like he's not used to being punched in the face for a living. 
  • Options
    Brilliant fight between Nathan Heaney and Brad Pauls. Not sure it was a draw but Once Brad started catching Heaney he nearly snatched a win from the jaws of a defeat.
    The 11th round was so exciting.

Liam Davies was superb against a decent Mexican with a KO. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant fight between Nathan Heaney and Brad Pauls. Not sure it was a draw but Once Brad started catching Heaney he nearly snatched a win from the jaws of a defeat.

There were some really good fights throughout the evening. The Joe Joyce fight was the exception. He looked dreadful.
  • Options
    edited March 17

There were some really good fights throughout the evening. The Joe Joyce fight was the exception. He looked dreadful.

Joe Joyce after the TKO defeat against Zhang and then the KO in round 3 in the rematch has at 38, limited options now.

The fact that Joyce didn't turn pro until he was 31 tells you that it wasn't his life's ambition to be a pro boxer after his amateur career.

For a guy who had taken out Parker and Daniel Dubios, seeing Joe at 20 stone and laboured against the brave Kash Ali despite what his trainer was saying to him ! seems like the Juggernaut is on the decline but no doubt he wants one last pay day.
  • Options

Joe Joyce after the TKO defeat against Zhang and then the KO in round 3 in the rematch has at 38, limited options now.

The fact that Joyce didn't turn pro until he was 31 tells you that it wasn't his life's ambition to be a pro boxer after his amateur career.

For a guy who had taken out Parker and Daniel Dubios, seeing Joe at 20 stone and laboured against the brave Kash Ali despite what his trainer was saying to him ! seems like the Juggernaut is on the decline but no doubt he wants one last pay day.

What Joe Joyce managed to achieve with a style that made me want to turn the TV off is remarkable. Olympian, beat 2 boxers who are firmly at the top table in world boxing and took on everyone, not close to ducking anyone and was definitely avoided. He knew his professional career had to be a steep trajectory due to his age when turning over and I hope he has earned well as he took some licks in his wins let alone eating some huge shots in the Zhang fights. 

Genuinely if Joe hadn't ran into him (Zhang) he is still in the conversation at the top level purely on his horrible to figure out relentless style. 

• Options

Looking at their recent performances it beggars belief that Joyce was able to beat Dubois and Parker. I doubt that he would be able to beat either of them now.
    Joyce was never particularly dynamic but everything about him last night was so slow and predictable.
  • Options
    Anybody know what channel is showing the Dillian Whyte fight tonight?
  • Options
    Wardley vs Clarke was a cracker tonight. 

I thought Clarke edged it but can’t really argue with the draw. 
  • Options
    I thought Clarke edged it too. Tremendous fight, best heavy scrap I’ve seen for a while, That Wardley is one game lad, fought virtually the whole bout with a broken nose. 
  • Options
    Judges were clearly swayed by the bursts of energy from Wardley. I thought Clarke, for all his limitations, won it.
  • Options
    Very entertaining fight and i thought it was very close. I don't see how Clarke gets knocked down, loses a point for a low blow and one judge still had him winning 115-112. He's basically scoring the rest of the fight as a Clarke masterclass which i think was far from the case.

All set up nicely for an inevitable rematch though.
  • Options
    Good fight, could see how it would have been scored to either man. I felt Wardley edged it with the knockdown and the point deduction however it wouldn't have been a robbery if it went to Clarke. 

Out of the 2 of them I keep being impressed by Wardley, Clarke is big and has a nice jab but as a pro, not so much