Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We are up for sale (Rumour)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016

I don't believe Elliott has the 38m. Somebody get down the pub with the Liar banner.

He is just the broker for the group.
    It's ok, I gave him 85p. Did that I've been promised I can interview and appoint the new manager.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

A week after the last game of the campaign and silly season has gone into overdrive on here already.

Wake up, guys. Seriously.

Oh come on Tomoosh, weirder things have happened. ; )
  • Options
    vff said:

Don't normally post rumours cause I usually don't know anything but my mate apparently knows a) someone who works at the club and b ) someone who used to play a while back and is still in the loop

3 managers in talks, I've seen Reams has posted it. Lee Clark, Billy Davies and Nigel Adkins.

Solly was 1000% being pushed out, not sure now, Harriott wants out and most of them do if the manager is an unknown again (obviously) Tex may stay, apparently a clause in his contract if we were relegated. Lastly Wilder wanted job but Roland would not give him in writing what he wanted so he walked.

Like I said only what a mate has told me and most probably known anyway just thought I'd share.

If any of these managers ask for the same assurances in writing that Wilder asked for (which they would if they had any sense) then neither Clark, Davies or Adkins will be arriving at Charlton. Duchatelet and Meire and the way they run the club is toxic.
    I'd argue that giving any of them assurances over full control of players is equally as likely to be toxic.

Adkins did work under a DoF structure at Southampton, far and away the most successful stint of his career.
  • Options

Don't normally post rumours cause I usually don't know anything but my mate apparently knows a) someone who works at the club and b ) someone who used to play a while back and is still in the loop

3 managers in talks, I've seen Reams has posted it. Lee Clark, Billy Davies and Nigel Adkins.

Solly was 1000% being pushed out, not sure now, Harriott wants out and most of them do if the manager is an unknown again (obviously) Tex may stay, apparently a clause in his contract if we were relegated. Lastly Wilder wanted job but Roland would not give him in writing what he wanted so he walked.

Like I said only what a mate has told me and most probably known anyway just thought I'd share.

Harriot wants out. Let him go, he has one good game for every 5 bad. League 1 is about his level.
    Yeah, we'll be playing at a higher level next season.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2016
    SDAddick said:

vff said:

If any of these managers ask for the same assurances in writing that Wilder asked for (which they would if they had any sense) then neither Clark, Davies or Adkins will be arriving at Charlton. Duchatelet and Meire and the way they run the club is toxic.
    I'd argue that giving any of them assurances over full control of players is equally as likely to be toxic.

Adkins did work under a DoF structure at Southampton, far and away the most successful stint of his career.
    There's a Director of Football at Charlton @SDAddick ?

Lennie Lawrence had talks with Duchatelet over that, see how well that discussion that went. The problem is that the Duchatelet wants to play that role but know sod all about football & what makes an effective team.

I am not seeing Duchatelet relinquishing control, I can't see him doing it.
  • Options
    vff said:

SDAddick said:

vff said:

There's a Director of Football at Charlton @SDAddick ?
    Look, I keep applying, it's not my fault no one's called back! Surely, "well experienced in uncovering gems in numerous formats (FIFA, Football Manager)" is good enough for at least an interview!
  • Options
    I thought the de facto DoF was R. Duchatelet
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Poor selfie

Literally one of my pet hates (room 101 territory) is calling any fucking picture of anyone a "selfie". It's not a selfie unless you're taking a picture of yourself.
    Triggered.
  • Options

Harriot wants out. Let him go, he has one good game for every 5 bad. League 1 is about his level.
    Hmm, wonder if that could possibly come in handy next season..
    Would understand if he (or any player) wants to go, but think he'd be important to keep around for next season. Of course not having a DOF, Manager, Assistant Manager, or really anyone who works for the club at the moment could be a problem in convincing him to stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Convinced me
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

Billy Davies! Really?
    The same Billy Davies who all those years ago turned down the Charlton job after Curbs - reportedly as he didn't like the structure Murray wanted to put in place, (something to do with having less control as a manager) ?
    Who's been unemployed for 2 years and left Forest with his reputation in tatters, and is probably desperate for another job...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Davies
    Davies' second spell proved to be a controversial and damaging one. He sacked long-serving club staff without explanation, shouting at a photographer taking photos for the club's matchday programme after a match at Millwall, banning journalists issuing a "near media blackout" and employing his cousin, Jim Price, a suspended solicitor, as his closest advisor.[26][27]

After an eight-game winless run leaving Nottingham Forest one place and two points outside of the play-off positions and having seen his side lose 5-0 to local rivals Derby County on 22 March, he was sacked on 24 March 2014. A statement on Forest's website read "Nottingham Forest Football Club have confirmed the termination of manager Billy Davies' employment.[28][29]

Louise Taylor of The Guardian pointed to Davies' "paranoia", "self-destructive insecurities" and "obsession with conspiracy theories and old grudges" as the reasons behind his downfall, suggesting that he had "shattered" his reputation.[30] The Daily Telegraph's John Percy, who was one of a number of reporters who were "accused of being in league with his former employers" for questioning decisions Davies made, said that Davies was "destined for failure" because he was "obsessed" with conspiracies and hidden agendas. He pointed to the "huge funds" Davies was given to get Forest promoted and suggested that he "could have got away with" the "unsavoury" behaviour, had Forest been winning.[31] John Payne of The Metro said that Davies owed the Forest fans an apology for his behaviour after failing to acknowledge them at the end of the defeat to Derby and "insulted fans' intelligence" by refusing to answer straight questions on the rare occasion he gave press interviews.[32]
    How the mighty have fallen.

Billy Davies and Duchatelet, definitely a match made in hell.

Sounds just the man for Katrien Meire & Roland Duchatelet.

• Options

vff said:

vff said:

Billy Davies! Really?
    The same Billy Davies who all those years ago turned down the Charlton job after Curbs - reportedly as he didn't like the structure Murray wanted to put in place, (something to do with having less control as a manager) ?
    Who's been unemployed for 2 years and left Forest with his reputation in tatters, and is probably desperate for another job...

Davies' second spell proved to be a controversial and damaging one. He sacked long-serving club staff without explanation, shouting at a photographer taking photos for the club's matchday programme after a match at Millwall, banning journalists issuing a "near media blackout" and employing his cousin, Jim Price, a suspended solicitor, as his closest advisor.[26][27]

After an eight-game winless run leaving Nottingham Forest one place and two points outside of the play-off positions and having seen his side lose 5-0 to local rivals Derby County on 22 March, he was sacked on 24 March 2014. A statement on Forest's website read "Nottingham Forest Football Club have confirmed the termination of manager Billy Davies' employment.[28][29]

Louise Taylor of The Guardian pointed to Davies' "paranoia", "self-destructive insecurities" and "obsession with conspiracy theories and old grudges" as the reasons behind his downfall, suggesting that he had "shattered" his reputation.[30] The Daily Telegraph's John Percy, who was one of a number of reporters who were "accused of being in league with his former employers" for questioning decisions Davies made, said that Davies was "destined for failure" because he was "obsessed" with conspiracies and hidden agendas. He pointed to the "huge funds" Davies was given to get Forest promoted and suggested that he "could have got away with" the "unsavoury" behaviour, had Forest been winning.[31] John Payne of The Metro said that Davies owed the Forest fans an apology for his behaviour after failing to acknowledge them at the end of the defeat to Derby and "insulted fans' intelligence" by refusing to answer straight questions on the rare occasion he gave press interviews.[32]

Not sure which "mighty" you're referring to here, Billy Davies has always been massive in his head, whereas at least we've played in the Premier League and not come away with the lowest points total ever...
  • Options

You had me until you said Reams.
    I know it's Reams and tongue and cheek but he is hit or miss, I just didn't want to copy what he said and rather what I've been told. Was just mentioning that those were names he chucked into to hat. Would personally only take Adkins out of those.
  • Options
    Loos lips sinks ships!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2016
    SDAddick said:

vff said:

vff said:

Billy Davies! Really?

----SD Addick
    Not sure which "mighty" you're referring to here, Billy Davies has always been massive in his head, whereas at least we've played in the Premier League and not come away with the lowest points total ever...

vff

Never knew he had any connection to the Wendies there @SDAddick ?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hmm, wonder if that could possibly come in handy next season..
    I wasn't very clear, my point is that he can't do better than us. I doubt championship clubs would be interested. He had always had a bit of an attitude problem and think he is better than he actually is
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    vff said:

SDAddick said:

vff said:

vff said:

Billy Davies! Really?

I'd say the mighty are us.
  • Options
    Would love it if Becks is actually involved.
  • Options

Would love it if Becks is actually involved.

There you go @NomadicAddick :wink:
  • Options

Wish I could LOL my own comment.

So nice to see someone else who isn't tied down by English niceties. I think this about everything I post...
  • Options
    Posh Spice has been seen in Woolwich market buying Green, Ugu and Yam... just saying like!