Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAS Trust recommends owner to sell

As members are aware, the Board of CAS Trust have repeatedly requested to meet with Roland Duchâtelet in order to represent to him the concerns of our members about his stewardship of the club. Such a meeting has always been refused but we were recently offered instead a meeting with Richard Murray and Katrien Meire.

The Board discussed this invitation in full awareness of the advantages and disadvantages of accepting it but we were unable to reach the consensus we usually manage to reach on policy matters. In order to guide our decision we decided to seek the opinions of our members.

417 (38%) of our members offered an opinion. 19% said we should attend, listen and feed back. 57% that we should attend and advise sale to a new owner. 24% that we should refuse the meeting. A majority of our members therefore favoured attending and, bearing this in mind, we reached a decision to do so.

Read more here.

Comments

• Options
    Well done guys
  • Options
    Is it intended that CAST issue a press release with both the survey information and the call to sell?
  • Options
    Oh dear. That's not going to please many.
  • Options
    Good job lads!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Deary me. Not sure how to react to that. I speak as someone who voted "no" on the survey but based on the results from that I think overall you have done a good job and made a good decision to attend and let it be said once and for all what the position of the supporters trust is. But the response is very very depressing.

I note that the trust are not attending the fans forum. Who is attending this?
  • Options
    Good work. Voted to refuse the meeting, but satisfied with that.
  • Options

Deary me. Not sure how to react to that. I speak as someone who voted "no" on the survey but based on the results from that I think overall you have done a good job and made a good decision to attend and let it be said once and for all what the position of the supporters trust is. But the response is very very depressing.

Why are the trust not attending the ff?
  • Options
    Fantastic. Well done all. Pulling out of forum and a press release to come fantastic.
  • Options
    Well done, you have reiterated the stance taken by the majority and said it to their faces (RD excluded).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016

Why are the trust not attending the ff?
    I believe results from the survey indicate that the majority of fans do not want dialogue with the club and instead just want them out.
  • Options
    The correct decision they only lie so why listen to them.
  • Options
    I voted no but respect the majority view. I would, however, suggest the meeting is either recorded (either openly or surreptitiously) or copious minutes are taken. I have no faith in Meire or Murray to be honest, either at the time or when trilling to the media how they have met with fans. Question one should be why the owner doesn't bother attending or even attempting to speak with fans, sending his unpopular puppets out in his place. That should get things off to a flier.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

"Actively" is the key word there, just means that he isn't going out canvassing to buyers. Doesn't mean he isn't open to offers

Hard to tell if there is a difference really. Maybe those at the meeting would be able to shed some more light.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I can't see what harm it will do to meet them! I can't see what good it will do either! The trust must make sure the right questions are asked though. I was embaressed by some of the crap fellow Charlton fans were asking Meire at the videoed meeting last year - please be sharp and get the most eloquent people involved!
  • Options

We took the view that the only reason to attend the FF would be to ensure that KM did not misrepresent our meeting. The counter argument was that the FF is by definition a "collaborative" meeting.

Could you confirm who actually is attending this evening?
  • Options
    My view is:

If they offer to talk and fans don't attend - fans look bad.

Fans/groups should attend, but pre-publish a short list of questions so that CAFC can prepare PROPER answers.

I'm sure we can all think of several questions, but for me the question would be:

You stated that we have had "overseas" managers/coaches because most of the Prem managers are from overseas, but do you now accept that as we are in L1 (where there are currently no overseas managers/coaches) we should change at once to somebody who has experience of the task ahead of us - just like Rotherham did in February this year when they appointed Neil Warnock to save them from relegation?
  • Options
    Given events since their last meeting, are CAST, or anyone for that matter, aware of any future plans for local MP's to meet with the club again ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Oh dear. That's not going to please many.

Well hopefully it will please at least 57%. It wasn't my choice of action, but I respect the fact that CAST have listened to their members and have acted accordingly. So I for one am happy.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    To clarify for @mogodon, @MuttleyCAFC and any others, the meeting took place this afternoon - if you read the full statement you will see that is the case.
  • Options

We took the view that the only reason to attend the FF would be to ensure that KM did not misrepresent our meeting. The counter argument was that the FF is by definition a "collaborative" meeting.

personally I don't, I am afraid. There is also some doubt about whether it will be videoed.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I see lol
  • Options
    Excellent. The right thing to do.
  • Options
    Glad the right decision (in my opinion was reached) and well done to all concerned that we got there. Would loved to have seen their faces.

As a side note, I am a trust member and do find it very concerning the board could not come to an agreement on their own. What more damage needs to be done to our club before people reliase you cannot deal with this regime.

Maybe not for now but I think those Trust Board Members who still want dialogue with these clowns at least explain why they feel they are right in this view
  • Options
    Were is the trust told why KM&RM wanted to meet with them?
  • Options
    Disappointed in that.
  • Options

personally I don't, I am afraid. There is also some doubt about whether it will be videoed.

I'm yet to see anyone say they're going. Worrying in a way as I'm sure there'd be some howlers there to report on. I appreciate the reasons for people (and the trust) not attending but also may fuel KM's fire if no one turns up.