Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAS Trust recommends owner to sell

12346»

Comments

• Options

Good statement. Well done.

If he's putting £1m in then the club must be losing £12m a year. Don't think so.

Slater said the same a few years ago.
  • Options
    Oh, the hokey-cokey ...
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if the £1m mark is relatively accurate. But @PragueAddick brings up the most pertinent point, especially when putting this in the Press Release, which is "Why?"
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

olster said:

Did they offer you tea?

Yes, and a big jar of biscuits. Two of us had few sips of tea but we left the biscuits.
    Did they bill you ?
  • Options
    I would have stuffed the biscuits in my trouser pockets as I walked out (shouting "I SAID GOOD DAY!). But that's just me, I love a spectacle.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

olster said:

Did they offer you tea?

Yes, and a big jar of biscuits. Two of us had few sips of tea but we left the biscuits.
    Did they bill you ?
    No, maybe the bills in the post....... i'm sure Royal Mail won't have any issue delivering it!
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Glad the right decision (in my opinion was reached) and well done to all concerned that we got there. Would loved to have seen their faces.

As a side note, I am a trust member and do find it very concerning the board could not come to an agreement on their own. What more damage needs to be done to our club before people reliase you cannot deal with this regime.

Maybe not for now but I think those Trust Board Members who still want dialogue with these clowns at least explain why they feel they are right in this view

@JohnnyH2 The board debate was not so much about dialogue, more about whether or not we attended and how to approach the meeting. We are a board of eight people, and had robust discussions, though there is a lot of mutual respect between us too. In the end, we all agreed that seeking members' opinion was only right on such an important issue. It gave us a clear mandate.

Also, for further information and transparency's sake, we did open the survey to both members and non-members. The full results were as follows:

Responses Total 827 Members 417 Non-members 410

Meet and listen 17% 19% 15%
    Meet and tell them to sell 54% 57% 50%
    Don’t meet 29% 24% 35%

So, while non-members were a bit more inclined than members to select not meeting at all, there was still a clear majority to attend a meeting with the message to sell.

You couldn't reach an agreement and therefore did not really know what to do for the best of the club. So you asked the fans for their advice / opinion.
    ARE YOU READING SMT. This is a great idea and it is called CONSTRUCTIVE DIALOGUE.
  • Sponsored links: