Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAS Trust recommends owner to sell

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

vff said:

"Meire and Murray said that Duchâtelet was well aware of the level of discontent but that he was not actively seeking to sell the club. They informed us that he is putting £1m a month into the club."

By that they mean he is loading the club with debt of £1m a month that will be charged with interest on top to whoever takes us over. Not too keen on that.

What are they spending / wasting 1 million a month on exactly ?
    Ignorant overweight bald stewards?
    Hey, I resemble that remark...
  • Options
    olster said:

@PragueAddick I can sort a French translation if you need.

A tricky situation well handled by CAST - well done.

Did they offer you tea?

That's kind of you, thanks.

I tend to feel it is not such a strong story that it is worth waiting for a translation, and in S-T it is the Dutch we need. Bart Lagae for example has no problem with English language PRs.

Plan to sleep on it (knackered) and send in English in the morning

• Options

The Trust reps at the meeting were Chair Steve Clarke, Secretary @pico and board member @Rob7Lee. They had a clear plan, which was developed and agreed with the rest of the board, and they stuck to it.

Thanks Weegie. As a matter of interest, was there any indication of what KM and RM wanted to achieve such as an agenda and did they show any surprise or disappointment at the way the meeting went?
    They did not provide an agenda. I can't speak re the reaction as I wasn't present, though from a personal point of view, I'd perhaps suggest it is better to retain dignity all round and not go into that too much?
  • Options
    well done Trust but why mention the £1m in the press release, after all it our version not the club's.
  • Options
    olster said:

Did they offer you tea?

Yes, and a big jar of biscuits. Two of us had few sips of tea but we left the biscuits.
  • Options
    how long did the meeting last and did they put forward an agenda?
  • Options

olster said:

@PragueAddick I can sort a French translation if you need.

A tricky situation well handled by CAST - well done.

Did they offer you tea?

That's kind of you, thanks.

I tend to feel it is not such a strong story that it is worth waiting for a translation, and in S-T it is the Dutch we need. Bart Lagae for example has no problem with English language PRs.

Plan to sleep on it (knackered) and send in English in the morning

Thanks for your hard work on this. I maintain the potentially ignorant hope that this might just be a turning point in the minds of the "Senior Leadership Team."
  • Options
    I've not been a huge fan of the trust to date. I thought the Steve Clarke "you and me Roland Mano a Mano" thing was absolutely cringeworthy. But fair play for this. Absolutely the right thing to do and played with an compmetely straight bat. I doff my virtual cap to you Sirs. It's now an out and out stand off. Message as clear as day. Sod off Roland and take your bint with you.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Did anyone ask Katrien why she's chosen now to request a meeting with CAST despite ignoring it for two years because she didn't want to favour one supporter's group over another?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

how long did the meeting last and did they put forward an agenda?

About 20 minutes, we sent the agenda.

• Options
    Blucher said:

An excellent day's work and the regime really now have nowhere to go. Having tried to jerk the Trust around for so long, there is a real sense of poetic justice here.

Meire will try and somehow spin it, but she has zero credibility and the media and the football world are firmly on the side of Charlton supporters, not least because of the superb campaign in recent months.

I am not sure she will say anything for now. She has no credibility in the media so her best bet is to keep quiet until directly asked why she does not engage with fans and she can then cite this meeting as an example of how she does. Which only leaves an explanation as to why Roland behaves like Howard Hughes with supporters.
  • Options
    So what was achieved?
    KM and RM told what they already know. But will they tell Rolly or say a bit of unrest.
    KM was allowed the satisfaction of being treated as the CEO when her abilities show she is not fit for the post.
    But I support every effort and anyone whose aim is RD out and Charlton back as a creditable club.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

olster said:

Did they offer you tea?

Yes, and a big jar of biscuits. Two of us had few sips of tea but we left the biscuits.
    Hey, we're supposed to be boycotting the catering.
  • Options
    Haha, PL54 no text posts took a fairly short amount of fiddling with buttons i'd never used before to work out.

See even with no hands clapping someone will hear you :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So what was achieved?
    KM and RM told what they already know. But will they tell Rolly or say a bit of unrest.
    KM was allowed the satisfaction of being treated as the CEO when her abilities show she is not fit for the post.
    But I support every effort and anyone whose aim is RD out and Charlton back as a creditable club.

Roland must know what is going on, he speaks English and has access to the internet.
    Or maybe he doesn't know, that would explain how he is being taken for £1m/month.
  • Options
    Well done the Trust. Could hardly call it a meeting if that worries some, it was delivering a message.
  • Options
    I don't believe the £1million per month figure but, in any event, it only serves to underscore the regime's ineptitude.

It is also distasteful because it carries with it an inference that we should somehow be grateful to Duchâtelet, and doffing our collective hat in deference to him, for underwriting the present losses. Coupled with not knowing their arse from their elbow, it is that sort of haughty and disdainful attitude that has led to the total and irretrievable breakdown in the club's relationship with its supporters.

We may well see some stubbornness and brinkmanship from Duchâtelet, but his days are surely numbered.
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

vff said:

"Meire and Murray said that Duchâtelet was well aware of the level of discontent but that he was not actively seeking to sell the club. They informed us that he is putting £1m a month into the club."

By that they mean he is loading the club with debt of £1m a month that will be charged with interest on top to whoever takes us over. Not too keen on that.

What are they spending / wasting 1 million a month on exactly ?
    Ignorant overweight bald stewards?
    Hey, I resemble that remark...
    Get yourself a proper job ;)
  • Options
    Slater also quoted £1M a month, didn't he?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

olster said:

Did they offer you tea?

Not chocolate ones then.
  • Options
    Excellently handled by CAST. Spot on not to take part in wider discussions and not to give the regime the chance to say 'we offered them the meeting they always wanted but they declined to meet us.'

Just a CAST governed agenda with one item, deliver the message and leave.

As for not attending the Fans Forum, from the cringeworthy filmed version of the last one that would have been a real waste of time. No one in their right mind would want to suffer another performance like that from KM or the deeply unimpressive mumbling, mumbling eyes-down guy I have since found out to be TK. Only one fan offered any real challenge anyway.