Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAS Trust recommends owner to sell

Comments

• Options
    This is the right decision.

Refuse to attend and they will brag about it, release to the press that they are willing to communicate with fans to fix the problems.

Attend and listen to their BS would be pointless.

Let them know we want them out and leave it at that. A war rally
  • Options
    If he is putting in £1m a month now, wait til he gets the bill in League One...

Of course it's a bullshit figure, but then what can we expect from a bunch of compulsive bullshitters?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Historically, the regime has treated the fans with disrespect and are unable to justify their ongoing, abysmal mismanagement of OUR club.
    I personally would not believe a word they say now. I see little point in any future meetings with them.
    It's far too late for any collaboration.
    IMO the club will not begin to thrive again until this regime is long gone.

They have treated us like the enemy and now the feeling is mutual.
  • Options

To clarify for @mogodon, @MuttleyCAFC and any others, the meeting took place this afternoon - if you read the full statement you will see that is the case.

thank you for the clarification
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great job well done. Can't see any downside in that approach from fans perspective.

I might have questioned the sanity (or otherwise) of RD for putting in £1m a month. After all, we know that 'a fool and his money are easily parted'.

However, it is an irrelevance as I'm sure he has no intention of writing it off (friendly equity indeed... huh???)
  • Options

well done the Trust you have managed to keep the majority of us fans on side without giving any comfort to the club.

This - and perhaps more importantly it doesn't drive a wedge between the Trust and CARD. Singing from the same hymn sheet.
  • Options
    Good job.

I don't see the argument and response they give.

He puts a million in the club every month?

And yet, where still shit.

He's a genius at wasting his money...where he in fact desires to make every penny count. He states that he hates clubs that oppose FFP.

Isn't he simply just a mug?
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Rothko said:

There was no need for the trust to speak to them at all

No but weren't you opposed to the public meeting we called? You can't please everyone all the time, but some people you can never please.
    And I won't even go there on Pardew as that is water long under the bridge ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    To be fair on the £1m it followed us stating that the survey results (season ticket survey), led us to firmly believe there would be an even further decline in income to the club (from supporters as well as elsewhere).

I'm not so sure at the moment it isn't heading towards that value of £12m annualised.

We know last year was a reasonably sized loss of £4.4m (which was after the sale of two players, so far no players this year so would have been nearly £9m otherwise).

This year clearly through the protests their match day revenue will have decreased as would ticket sales to those who weren't season ticket holders but are boycotting.

So if £9m last year before player sales, looking at the squad list (on the CARD unofficial program of course) we have in numbers (if not quality) quite a large squad I wouldn't be so sure it isn't getting towards that figure.

Airman might know better than me what profit they make on Programme sales, merchandise, beer/food (or is that all to the caterers?)

One things for sure, next season drop the TV money (£4m?) much lower ticket sales and probably Corp sponsorship as well and they will need to be making considerable cut backs to not make a double figure loss.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2016

"Meire and Murray said that Duchâtelet was well aware of the level of discontent but that he was not actively seeking to sell the club. They informed us that he is putting £1m a month into the club."

By that they mean he is loading the club with debt of £1m a month that will be charged with interest on top to whoever takes us over. Not too keen on that.

What are they spending / wasting 1 million a month on exactly ?
  • Options
    vff said:

"Meire and Murray said that Duchâtelet was well aware of the level of discontent but that he was not actively seeking to sell the club. They informed us that he is putting £1m a month into the club."

By that they mean he is loading the club with debt of £1m a month that will be charged with interest on top to whoever takes us over. Not too keen on that.

What are they spending 1 million a month exactly ?
    We didn't enter into dialogue with them ;-)

One assumes that their monthly outgoings are £1m short of their monthly incomings!

Short of a ledger report I don't think anyone outside of management and the finance department can give you specifics. But looking at last year, before player sales they were on average short by around £750k.
  • Options
    Who represented the trust at the meeting please?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Ignorant overweight bald stewards?
  • Options
    vff said:

Katrien's wonderbras.
  • Options
    vff said:

Rubbish players wages, who can not even get on the bench.
  • Options
    Disappointed from a personal perspective, but an admirable stance given the circumstances - and definitely not an easy choice to make.

A lot of respect is due to CAST for following the survey results and honoring the wishes of those who responded,
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Glad the right decision (in my opinion was reached) and well done to all concerned that we got there. Would loved to have seen their faces.

As a side note, I am a trust member and do find it very concerning the board could not come to an agreement on their own. What more damage needs to be done to our club before people reliase you cannot deal with this regime.

Maybe not for now but I think those Trust Board Members who still want dialogue with these clowns at least explain why they feel they are right in this view

@JohnnyH2 The board debate was not so much about dialogue, more about whether or not we attended and how to approach the meeting. We are a board of eight people, and had robust discussions, though there is a lot of mutual respect between us too. In the end, we all agreed that seeking members' opinion was only right on such an important issue. It gave us a clear mandate.

Also, for further information and transparency's sake, we did open the survey to both members and non-members. The full results were as follows:

Responses Total 827 Members 417 Non-members 410

Meet and listen 17% 19% 15%
    Meet and tell them to sell 54% 57% 50%
    Don’t meet 29% 24% 35%

So, while non-members were a bit more inclined than members to select not meeting at all, there was still a clear majority to attend a meeting with the message to sell.

You can't argue with those numbers either. 50%+ for both groups leaning towards meeting and telling them to sell.
  • Options

Isn't it a bit like complaining about spending money on fuel for your Rolls Royce?

At the moment I believe a more apt analogy would be an old Vauxhall Corsa on its last legs.. ;)
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

To be fair on the £1m it followed us stating that the survey results (season ticket survey), led us to firmly believe there would be an even further decline in income to the club (from supporters as well as elsewhere).

I'm not so sure at the moment it isn't heading towards that value of £12m annualised.

We know last year was a reasonably sized loss of £4.4m (which was after the sale of two players, so far no players this year so would have been nearly £9m otherwise).

This year clearly through the protests their match day revenue will have decreased as would ticket sales to those who weren't season ticket holders but are boycotting.

So if £9m last year before player sales, looking at the squad list (on the CARD unofficial program of course) we have in numbers (if not quality) quite a large squad I wouldn't be so sure it isn't getting towards that figure.

Airman might know better than me what profit they make on Programme sales, merchandise, beer/food (or is that all to the caterers?)

One things for sure, next season drop the TV money (£4m?) much lower ticket sales and probably Corp sponsorship as well and they will need to be making considerable cut backs to not make a double figure loss.

Well, they don't recognise the £4.4m figure themselves, arguing the £3.8m in the CAFC Ltd accounts is the figure, so I don't see we should allow it here ...

You can produce all sorts of misleading figures if you annualise one month or three. For example by excluding the months with the big central payments.

Ancillary sales income isn't going to be that significant either way.

In reality, players will be sold to bring down the loss for 15/16, but even without that maybe £6-7m?
  • Options
    Roland isn't putting £1m in our club every month, he's only loaning it. Debts are increasing not going away.