Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAS Trust recommends owner to sell

Comments

• Options

Disappointed in that.

Why so?
  • Options
    The muppets talked to the puppets.
  • Options
    They'll be shocked we all want them out won't they.
  • Options

Disappointed in that.

Why so?
    At the result of the survey more than the action taken. I don't know why any fan would entertain any form of dialogue with them.

Having said that, I think CAST dealt with it well based on the press release.
  • Options
    The correct decision in my opinion has been reached and brings the on going saga of trying to get a meeting for the past year at an end.

No need for the trust to speak to them ever again now and also agree with not having a representive from the trust at the Fans Forum.

• Options
    There was no need for the trust to speak to them at all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done.

@Pico Did Meire or Murray say nothing else at all other than the below?

'Meire and Murray said that Duchâtelet was well aware of the level of discontent but that he was not actively seeking to sell the club. They informed us that he is putting £1m a month into the club.'
  • Options
    Good response and one I support.
  • Options
    Can see the arguement behind refusing the meeting but overall I think this is the correct decision. Well done.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Where does the Trust go from here?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, if that's true that he's putting a million a month in (I'm obviously sceptical because Katrien speaks with forked tongue) that can only be good news for us, because at some point the old fool will realise that his tenure is not sustainable.
  • Options
    Definitely the right decision. The trust have tried for two years to get the organ grinder to the table, to no avail. This was the ONLY option imo.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Well, I guess that's that. Fans aren't interested in more lies, spin and propaganda, which is exactly what we will continue to get for the duration of their tenure. I'm not sure who the club can now reach out to as the only door that has ever been open for dialogue has been firmly closed in their faces.

It's a shame the Trust will no longer be represented on the Fans Forum as I think Rikofold did a great job, but I completely understand the point of view. If it's meant to be a collaborative meeting, then clearly their attendance could send a conflicting message.
  • Options
    Slater told us he was putting a million a month into the club.
  • Options

Good statement. Well done.

If he's putting £1m in then the club must be losing £12m a year. Don't think so.

Indeed. Gross? Net? Including capital expenditure on the on/off/undisclosed training ground upgrade?