Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAS Trust recommends owner to sell

Comments

• Options
    rikofold said:

Rothko said:

There was no need for the trust to speak to them at all

No but weren't you opposed to the public meeting we called? You can't please everyone all the time, but some people you can never please.
    Don't give him the bite he's been looking for.
  • Options
    I was a no but on reading the trust statement in full can only say well done, you appear to delivered a lear message to both of them. RD will not tolerate that level of investment for much longer of that I am sure.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I was a no but on reading the trust statement in full can only say well done, you appear to delivered a LEAR message to both of them. RD will not tolerate that level of investment for much longer of that I am sure.

Great job by the Trust ! No fuss, no messing, just a clear and concise message given to "them".

I agree with Davo that the press should be made aware of this outcome and that the Trust and all its members emerge as the good guys, which of course they are. Get their message out before the regime spins it .

Also good to see that the Bard has not been forgotten in this.

A clever, yet pertinent indication that England produces the very best....

• Options
    Agree with those who ask for/would like a press release!

Even if it just goes to the evening standard , the FT and South London press! Put them in no doubt that they have 0 support, and that the trust won this battle!
  • Options
    Thank you CAST.

Think you've struck the right balance there. No dialogue just a polite sell up and go away message.

Right call on FF in my humble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Trust reps at the meeting were Chair Steve Clarke, Secretary @pico and board member @Rob7Lee. They had a clear plan, which was developed and agreed with the rest of the board, and they stuck to it.

Well done to all.
  • Options
    Well done. You listened and went with the majority.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Even if it just goes to the evening standard , the FT and South London press! Put them in no doubt that they have 0 support, and that the trust won this battle!

Press release is being finalised. It will go to a lot more outlets than those you mentioned but that's different to saying they will publish it.

We do have the Belgian database, but a translation into French and Dutch is a bit of an ask, @Davo55 . It isn't going to be that newsworthy and most of them speak English Ok, having responded to previous PRs re the Belgian activity.
  • Options
    @Airman Brown @Davo55 Not sure who controls the social media but a retweet by CARD would be useful. Thanks.
  • Options
    Dignified, politically astute and kept the supporters on board. Well done to all involved.
  • Options
    I still think the trust should have demanded a meeting with the organ grinder and not his lying minions.

However, they did as the survey suggested and have delivered an unambiguous message afterwards. That's a result in my book.

I'd like to add my voice to those suggesting they release something to the media both here and in Belgium ASAP to stop the regime twisting this meeting for its own ends.
  • Options
    It was the right thing to do, (to meet). I do get the feeling that the club have misjudged us fans once again. They could of had productive dialogue months ago but have chosen the end of a disappointing season. I sort of see their reason for this but now they have effectively no one to communicate with now the trust have more or less told them talking time is over.
    The £1m per month is a meaningless figure without seeing the whole books. If a business of Charltons size is losing that amount per year you have to question the ability of those in charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't agree but the majority has spoken and I respect that!
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Press release is being finalised. It will go to a lot more outlets than those you mentioned but that's different to saying they will publish it.

We do have the Belgian database, but a translation into French and Dutch is a bit of an ask, @Davo55 . It isn't going to be that newsworthy and most of them speak English Ok, having responded to previous PRs re the Belgian activity.
    Fair enough Prague. The key point was to get the story out there on his home turf - especially if that could include the financial/business editors as well as the sports desks.
  • Options

@Airman Brown @Davo55 Not sure who controls the social media but a retweet by CARD would be useful. Thanks.

@Airman Brown and @Matt_Wright handle that for CARD, but agree with you. I'll do a personal one for sure.
  • Options

The Trust reps at the meeting were Chair Steve Clarke, Secretary @pico and board member @Rob7Lee. They had a clear plan, which was developed and agreed with the rest of the board, and they stuck to it.

Thanks Weegie. As a matter of interest, was there any indication of what KM and RM wanted to achieve such as an agenda and did they show any surprise or disappointment at the way the meeting went?
  • Options

Done.
  • Options
    Talk to @Lewis Coaches for translations he maybe able to help
  • Options
    This isn't a lost cause and the whole "actively" comment is misleading... Let's make Burnley the biggest one yet and show Roland it's time to go
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

@Airman Brown and @Matt_Wright handle that for CARD, but agree with you. I'll do a personal one for sure.
    Thanks to whoever did it.