Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

robroy said:

Welling will win 5-0 at this rate

Why?

Pope Dmitrovic
    Solly Bauer Johnson Teixeira Diarra Fox RCC THD
    Holmes Kashi Ba Jackson Cousins Harriott Bergdich Ceballos
    Ajose Novak Watt KAG

That's 22 men for the game without youngsters like Konsa, Phillips, Kennedy, Umerah, Muldoon or trialists like Buxton and Crofts. Saying we will lose 5-0 to Welling based on 2 people training with us is, quite frankly, fucking ridiculous
    It was a gag mate!
  • Anyone thinking we can drop a division and not cash in on our better players or cut costs is frankly deluded. It seems obvious to me we will make a profit on transfers this window because we have to, to pay the wages of those left behind. At least we are getting players in before the fire sale I and many others predicted would happen.

We've signed 3 experienced British players, 24 Ajose ,27 Novak ,29 Holmes signed for money and have 2 more, Buxton and Crofts , both 32 on trial with a view to free transfers. Whats not to like.

I'd have been happier if we'd had those 5 in the squad last season instead of the league of nations we signed or had on loan.

Feels to me that the squad is moving in the right direction. We new we were going to lose JBG, Cousins, Lookman and probably a few others. We are building a squad of solid British experienced pros rather than speculative foreign imports and this surely signals a change in direction, presumably lead by Slade and the new scout.

Well said!!

• Feels to me that the squad is moving in the right direction. We new we were going to lose JBG, Cousins, Lookman and probably a few others. We are building a squad of solid British experienced pros rather than speculative foreign imports and this surely signals a change in direction, presumably lead by Slade and the new scout.

I made that same mistake - a change in direction is interpreted by many on here as you are now 100% behind the regime - you just cannot say outrageous things like change in direction or strategy - the belgium mad professor has tricked you into thinking that and you will soon come to your senses. 12 months sitting at home, doing DIY, walking around a shopping centre or generally being at the beck and call of your wife and kids will sort you out. Change in direction... never heard such nonsense.

• edited July 2016
  • Anyone thinking we can drop a division and not cash in on our better players or cut costs is frankly deluded. It seems obvious to me we will make a profit on transfers this window because we have to, to pay the wages of those left behind. At least we are getting players in before the fire sale I and many others predicted would happen.

We've signed 3 experienced British players, 24 Ajose ,27 Novak ,29 Holmes signed for money and have 2 more, Buxton and Crofts , both 32 on trial with a view to free transfers. Whats not to like.

I'd have been happier if we'd had those 5 in the squad last season instead of the league of nations we signed or had on loan.

Feels to me that the squad is moving in the right direction. We new we were going to lose JBG, Cousins, Lookman and probably a few others. We are building a squad of solid British experienced pros rather than speculative foreign imports and this surely signals a change in direction, presumably lead by Slade and the new scout.

I have 100% faith in Slade when it comes to knowing which players to sign for L1, this is a massive difference from have foreign head coaches and network scouts taking a punt on who would work in England

And as for making 6m from sales and not spending it all, that's hardly new. When we sold Robert Lee, Webster,Minto, Bowyer etc we spent a fraction of the money we received. It's WHO you buy that counts.
  • exactly my position
  • I think you are confusing the words strategy and aim / objective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't be the first time
  • DOUCHER said:

I think you are confusing the words strategy and aim / objective.

No, that's what you've been doing but carrying on wearing that beard.
  • Scunthorpe have completed the signing of ex-Huddersfield midfielder Duane Holmes on a two-year deal #uti #htafc pic.twitter.com/lL3tIshn82

— FootballLeaguePaper (@TheLeaguePaper) July 7, 2016
  • DOUCHER said:

I think you are confusing the words strategy and aim / objective.

No, that's what you've been doing but carrying on wearing that beard.
    Strategy - 'a plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim' - its not difficult
  • transfer rumour thread on a discussion board
  • one less Holmes for us to sign. Can we start a rumour about a Watson?
  • one less Holmes for us to sign. Can we start a rumour about a Watson?

Elementary
  • Get the too early to tell yet point Henry, how about agreeing we are currently trying a different approach to ending up with a squad short on talent and resources, and hey ho, we might even end up with a fair to middling squad as a result.
  • Get the too early to tell yet point Henry, how about agreeing we are currently trying a different approach to ending up with a squad short on talent and resources, and hey ho, we might even end up with a fair to middling squad as a result.

I agree with that. More power to Russell Slade's elbow.

But then again don't we all expect slightly more than being fair to middling in the 3rd tier? I certainly do.
  • Sponsored links:

• what's the Spanish for "undisclosed".

Leaves us with Hendo and Pope with Mitov and Philips ready to step up.

Glad to see the "strategy" has changed and we aren't let players go to other network clubs
  • seth plum said:

Notros transferas systemos est bollocksio.

todo en buen tiempo
  • So we're "pierced" Dmritovic, I never realised that we did piercings as well.
  • So we're "pierced" Dmritovic, I never realised that we did piercings as well.

My brain has been pierced with the life long memories of Lepoint playing for Charlton wont ever forget that!!