Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I need to get a transfer off of this site.

Off you go

• Crofts as back up to Kashi.....yes
    Crofts to replace Kashi.....no
  • edited July 2016
    Crofts and Kashi as the Holding Midfielders... Diarra as a Centre-Back and emergency CDM.

Bauer and Diarra showed signs of a good partnership, they just needed a good Manager to teach them how to treat set-pieces
  • dickplumb said:
    Was on loan from Brighton to Gillingham last season... Surprised they havent signed him themselves.

Already won the Division with Norwich previously, guess he'd be the Holding Midfielder
    My Gillingham supporting colleague informs me that Crofts went on loan there around February, played about 3 games and got injured for the rest of the season. Says that he is injury prone and that's probably why they didn't look to sign him.

He describes him as a Joe Allen type of player. Someone who keeps the ball moving, but not necessarily going to score many goals, and not a great tackler.
  • colin1961 said:

wmcf123 said:

6 million of player sales with 800k spent could see bigger riots. Bring it on

Grow up .......

Players are going for following reasons wages, and the fact they don't want to stay , Cousins Jorge T and Gudmunnson all want to try their luck at other clubs . Lookman as said many times he does not want to leave but am afraid his agent not listening and still trying to arrange a move for him , the saving grace is he is on a contract with no release clause and charlton valuation of him going to take a team to take a big gamble on him . Diarra as had an offer from a French club but as yet to decide his future.
    We spent 1.2 mill already and expect more to be spent either in fees or on decent wages to attract players out of contract .

Lookman and Watt won't feature at Welling , Lookman been on duty for England so would say he has extended leave and Watt only started proper training today so Saturday to early for him .
    May I suggest you learn to read Colin?

The issue isn't that players like JBG and Cousins (might) want to leave and be sold, it is that the money we would possibly recieved in fees (ca. £6m?!?) has only seen us invest ca. £0.8m in replacements to build our squad - and before you make up stories, Rich Cawley from the SLP has stated that the 800K for Ajose was exaggerated quite a bit.....

Also, why do you feel the need to mindlessly post nonsense in the express desire to aggrivate people? That is a serious question BTW
  • With Tex and Bauer at the back, we'd be relatively solid in this league.

Lennon and Konsa as back up would be fine with Johnson and Buxton in deep reserve.

However we know it won't be like that.
  • Reckon our Defence will be

Right-Back: Chris Solly / X
    Left-Back: Morgan Fox (?) / Holmes-Dennis (?) / X
    Centre-Back: Roger Johnson / Patrick Bauer / Harry Lennon / Alou Diarra / X

Because RedHenry has mentioned that we're after another LB I'm not sure at all if we'll keep either Morgan or Tarieq
  • Nothing has really changed with this regime. Slade is finding that out as we speak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Colin the fees are undisclosed so can you prove we have spent north of a million pounds so far?
  • robroy said:

Welling will win 5-0 at this rate

and have better shirts...

Undisclosed? But with add ons?
  • edited July 2016
    robroy said:

Really?

When we line up 4 3 3 we'll smash em.

---------Pope
    Solly---Tex---Bauer---Fox
    Holmes---Kashi---Harriott
    -TWatt---Ajose---Novak

Subs
    Whoever is left...
  • edited July 2016
    Just to clarify my last post was in jest... I don't think we'll play 4-3-3 and Bauer is injured.
  • To be fair if that was our squad come the beiginning of the season, i would feel quite optimistic barring any injuries
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Buxton 32 and now Crofts 32. Both with lots of experience but both free agents who wouldn't cut it should we get promoted. More short termism from the club?

The club is likely to bring in fees close to £8 million and get some big wages off the books.

Surely we ought to be looking to sign players aged 26 - 27 looking to go places.

I think we've seen our three "marquee" signings and looks likely that replacements for those that leave will be ageing free agents and journeymen.

Sounds very familiar to me.

24 Ajose ,27 Novak ,29 Holmes

Let's not cane Slade and his scouts picks here...

This is a mixed age group of signings.

At least we're not plucking them all from some strange Belgian club no one has heard of.
    Big difference in those three "marquee signings" with age oldest 29 and two 32 year old free agents.

I think the three we have signed would have been wanted by any league one club. It was good business to sign them.

My concern is what comes next. So far we are following the pattern of each season under RD albeit now with Brits rather than Belgians.

• dickplumb said:
    A trial? He's better than our midfield from last season ie Ba !
  • Dazzler21 said:

Buxton 32 and now Crofts 32. Both with lots of experience but both free agents who wouldn't cut it should we get promoted. More short termism from the club?

The club is likely to bring in fees close to £8 million and get some big wages off the books.

Surely we ought to be looking to sign players aged 26 - 27 looking to go places.

I think we've seen our three "marquee" signings and looks likely that replacements for those that leave will be ageing free agents and journeymen.

24 Ajose ,27 Novak ,29 Holmes

Let's not cane Slade and his scouts picks here...

This is a mixed age group of signings.

At least we're not plucking them all from some strange Belgian club no one has heard of.
    Big difference in those three "marquee signings" with age oldest 29 and two 32 year old free agents.

I think the three we have signed would have been wanted by any league one club. It was good business to sign them.

My concern is what comes next. So far we are following the pattern of each season under RD albeit now with Brits rather than Belgians.

I agree totally that all the old free-agents in the mix at the minute remind me of past mistakes. I'm worried that a few marquee singings, a few frees and a thin squad could be the way we go again - one or two injuries (imagin Bauer, Kashi and Diarra) and we're back on shit street.
  • Buxton 32 and now Crofts 32. Both with lots of experience but both free agents who wouldn't cut it should we get promoted. More short termism from the club ?

Are you kidding mate! Crofts is quality trust me
  • edited July 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

robroy said:

Really?

When we line up 4 3 3 we'll smash em.

---------Pope
    Solly---Tex---Bauer---Fox
    Holmes---Kashi---Harriott
    -TWatt---Ajose---Novak

Subs
    Whoever is left...
    Would probably be fine against Welling but if we played that in the league we'd get seriously overrun in the midfield.

Edit: Whoosh?
  • edited July 2016
    What is our squad size like at the moment? Slade said we only need 22-25 in the squad didn't he? I imagine that means we wont be seeing too many more coming in and quite a few going out.

Surely we will just be in the same boat as we have been at the start of every season under this regime - thinking we could do well if only we had a few more decent squad members, especially as we will inevitably bring in some injury prone players to supplement the ones we already have on the books.

If we see ourselves entering September with a front 4 of Watt, Lookman, Novak and AJose I will be impressed and optimistic. At the moment the squad looks pretty good, but surely it'll be pulled apart in the next couple of months?

What youth players will they bring through "too-early" to boost the squad?
  • What is our squad size like at the moment? Slade said we only need 22-25 in the squad didn't he? I imagine that means we wont be seeing too many more coming in and quite a few going out.

Surely we will just be in the same boat as we have been at the start of ever season under this regime - thinking we could do well if only we had a few more decent squad members, especially as we will inevitably bring in some injury prone players to supplement the ones we already have on the books.

If we see ourselves entering September with a front 4 of Watt, Lookman, Novak and AJose I will be impressed and optimistic. At the moment the squad looks pretty good, but surel it'll be pulled apart in the next couple of months?

What youth players will they bring through "too-early" to boost the squad?

26 players including Muldoon

Drops to 23 if and when JBG, Tex and JC leave

Of those 23 three are goalkeepers

so 20 outfield players that include Ba, Bergdich and Cebellos for whom the jury is still out but who could do well at this level.

KAG and THD were filmed training with the U21s but are included in the 26.

Kennedy and Konsa might be able to step up from the U21s

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/73886/updated-squad-list-1-july-2016#latest
  • All this talk of, say, circa £6m coming in from sales, and only only about £800k being spent, I think the club would struggle to spend millions in this division. In fact there's no need to splash out on high priced players. How much did SCP spend on that side that tore up Lge 1?
  • edited July 2016
    BWP was signed the season before for £150k (what an absolute bargain). Morrison - 200k, Stephens £350k, Green £400k, Haynes £75k, Wiggins £300k. Hamer we paid a fee for as well i think, and I seem to remember Leon Clarke was £50k + Benson.

May have got some of those prices wrong