Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• seth plum said:

3 million for Cousins is nowhere near enough. Even to QPR.
    Cousins would make a difference at quite a few Premiership clubs, they are awash with dosh.
    I would expect at least 5-6 million plus add ons from a club with the standing of, say, Swansea City or similar.

I notice you don't actually say he'd make them better!!
  • Scoham said:

SLP article on Lookman's England u19 call up suggests he's likely to leave

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118943

Didn't get much from that article apart from he's been called up.
    "relegation to League One for the Addicks is set to see him move on."
  • seth plum said:

3 million for Cousins is nowhere near enough. Even to QPR.
    Cousins would make a difference at quite a few Premiership clubs, they are awash with dosh.
    I would expect at least 5-6 million plus add ons from a club with the standing of, say, Swansea City or similar.

I notice you don't actually say he'd make them better!!
    He would be a good addition to a Premiership squad for sure, and Premiership clubs are awash with money.
    If we negotiated properly with all parties the fee ought to be reflecting the imbalance of money in football.
  • I know I may get ridiculed for this... I honestly think Kashi is better than Cousins - Much better.

I know Kashi is 27 but if I wouldn't hesitate selling Cousins for 3m and keeping Kashi.

If I was worth £500M+ and had any real ambition with the club I owned I would probably try to keep them both so I had a Championship competitive squad if promoted in the first season, and increased my chances of said promotion.

Come on, we know it's not as simple as that.

If I player wants to leave and expresses that we have to let him go.

As a wise man Chris Powell once said, "every player outside the Prem is for sale".
    Maybe, although it was not so many years ago that Southampton were relegated to League One and kept Lallana / Fonte and others, why... Because they had a rich owner who wanted to get them to the PL not just a yo yo Championship/League One Millwallesq status.
    Jose Fonte was actually bought while Soton were in L1 - Pardew bought some decent players while he was there :-(

I don't think Lallana was that big a name back then, he hardly appeared in England youth squads
  • The Colin thing is now ridiculous.

Ban him or leave him alone. It's obvious people on here can't just ignore him when he's on one.

He's ok. Ban the people that are rising to the perceived bait.

• The Colin thing is now ridiculous.

Ban him or leave him alone. It's obvious people on here can't just ignore him when he's on one.

He's ok. Ban the people that are rising to the perceived bait.

That would be about 70% of the regular posters then.
  • Scoham said:

SLP article on Lookman's England u19 call up suggests he's likely to leave

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118943

Even though I do not take any notice of stories without quotes, it will not be a surprise to see him go.
    The vultures will see he has a raw talent and clubs can afford take a gamble of 2-3 million.
  • 6 million of player sales with 800k spent could see bigger riots. Bring it on
  • No point comparing prices paid for the likes of Delle Alli. The money in the game has gone even more crazy since then. In this climate you could expect around 5m for each
  • Sponsored links:

• Cousins not good enough for Premier league but could see him doing well at Brighton as Houghton is a good manager.
    got the feeling JBG will be a bit of a squad player at Burnley but will make his name with a trademark free kick against one of the big teams
  • edited July 2016
    Andrew Crofts on trial according to SLP

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118945
  • dickplumb said:
    Isnt Crofts a defensive minded midfielder?
  • dickplumb said:
    More likely Cousins and or Kashi.
  • Can't replace Cousins with a 32 year old surely
  • Dizzle said:

Can't replace Cousins with a 32 year old surely

it'd be a short term deal .. Crofts is very experienced and would do a good job in this division .. AND. he's a Welsh international .. a Chatham born Hwyl merchant ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

Buxton 32 and now Crofts 32. Both with lots of experience but both free agents who wouldn't cut it should we get promoted. More short termism from the club ?

The club is likely to bring in fees close to £8 million and get some big wages off the books.

Surely we ought to be looking to sign players aged 26 - 27 looking to go places.

I think we've seen our three "marquee" signings and looks likely that replacements for those that leave will be ageing free agents and journeymen.

Sounds very familiar to me.

What I would say is that Leon Cort joined us for our promotion season and must have been 32 at least. Andy Hughes too.

Both played a part. The sliver of optimism in me would say Crofts would be our Hughes equivalent. And Buxton the Cort (although Cort had played at a higher level previously).

Buxton would surely be coming in to offer some relief to Solly from playing every week. We lost that since Gomez left.
  • Welling will win 5-0 at this rate
  • edited July 2016

Buxton 32 and now Crofts 32. Both with lots of experience but both free agents who wouldn't cut it should we get promoted. More short termism from the club ?

The club is likely to bring in fees close to £8 million and get some big wages off the books.

Surely we ought to be looking to sign players aged 26 - 27 looking to go places.

I think we've seen our three "marquee" signings and looks likely that replacements for those that leave will be ageing free agents and journeymen.

thing is that players who can do a job in League 1 might not be good enough/suitable IF/when/praying hopefully we get back to the Championship and vice versa.. this mistake has been made before, signing unsuitable players on long term deals .. Slade is an experienced campaigner and he knows who and how he wants to play ..
    as to 'investing' money in transfer fees .. again .. I don't expect any owner let alone a careful man such as Duchatelet to spend money like a pissed matelot on shore leave ... we've been broke before, we don't want it again ..
  • Buxton 32 and now Crofts 32. Both with lots of experience but both free agents who wouldn't cut it should we get promoted. More short termism from the club ?

What I would say is that Leon Cort joined us for our promotion season and must have been 32 at least. Andy Hughes too.

Both played a part. The sliver of optimism in me would say Crofts would be our Hughes equivalent. And Buxton the Cort (although Cort had played at a higher level previously).

Buxton would surely be coming in to offer some relief to Solly from playing every week. We lost that since Gomez left.
    No problem with these guys coming in. What concerns me is that once again it looks to me that we are first and foremost looking to penny pinch. I've no real idea of the difference in fees and wages (in) and fees and wages (out) and not expecting us to spend even close to half the difference but if there are not fees paid for at least a couple more then I think I will know our ambitions.

Too early to worry yet and I'll wait until the squad is complete before judging.

• Andrew Crofts on trial according to SLP

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118945

Good player a few years back, getting on now though. I know someone who is mate's with him, finally I might be able to post that I am ITK!
  • edited July 2016
    dickplumb said:
    Was on loan from Brighton to Gillingham last season... Surprised they havent signed him themselves.

Already won the Division with Norwich previously, guess he'd be the Holding Midfielder