Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• QPR can afford 3m seeing as they offloaded Fer and Phillips this week for a combined 10m.
  • 4:34 and Colin makes a post and no one has LOL it!!!!!! History in the making.

Who's got the "it's happening" GIF?
  • Kashi has a bit of a dilemma as he would like to play higher level, but a team will have to brave to stump up a reasonable fee for a player who hasn't featured for a whole season. I can see him going out on loan, but that will depend if Cousins goes, as we will need to replace both. I'd be surprised if the club didn't expect both to be gone, and made other plans.
  • Not ridiculed mate totally agree
  • I thought the only time fox looked half decent was when kashi played and covered for him
  • I know I may get ridiculed for this... I honestly think Kashi is better than Cousins - Much better.

It seems fashionable to underrate Cousins. He was superb for 2 seasons and last even he was player of the year, playing in a dreadful side . He's mobile, strong and moves the ball quickly, if lacking any great inventiveness . Can't believe either he or Kashi will stay

• Kashi is a good player, I don't expect to keep him. Expect he'll head back to lower Ligue 1 or upper Ligue 2 where he built a reputation.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    I said to myself I would always ignore you and skip past your posts Colin. My apologies will try not to do it again.
  • Fuckin hell church has just come on for Wales, must be worth a fortune now
  • edited July 2016
    If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle.
  • I'd my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

She'd actually be a Geezer Bird
  • I'd my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

She'd actually be a Geezer Bird
    From either Thailand or East Anglia.
  • Nicholas said:

colin1961 said:

I know I may get ridiculed for this... I honestly think Kashi is better than Cousins - Much better.

I know Kashi is 27 but if I wouldn't hesitate selling Cousins for 3m and keeping Kashi.

Agreed if Kashi had played the whole season we would not have gone down
    Don't forget the 50 shit managers and the crap players the Belgians brought. But yeah your right.
    Classic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Or Croydon
  • I know I may get ridiculed for this... I honestly think Kashi is better than Cousins - Much better.

I know Kashi is 27 but if I wouldn't hesitate selling Cousins for 3m and keeping Kashi.

If I was worth £500M+ and had any real ambition with the club I owned I would probably try to keep them both so I had a Championship competitive squad if promoted in the first season, and increased my chances of said promotion.

Come on, we know it's not as simple as that.

If I player wants to leave and expresses that we have to let him go.

As a wise man Chris Powell once said, "every player outside the Prem is for sale".
  • Nearly every player in the premiership is for sale.

On the Colin point, how can you disagree with @Viewfinder? Unless you are openly abusive or disruptive, you should be able to have your say.

It is irritating to have people deliberately try to wind you up, and God only knows why people would do that. But really it is quite easy to ignore Colin's obvious wind ups and to straight bat the rest.

That persona he uses is not the worst I've seen, I wouldn't want him banned, I think that would be wrong. I would just ask everyone to be a bit more considered whenever he posts and ask yourselves what is a wind up and what is not.
  • 3 million for Cousins is nowhere near enough. Even to QPR.
    Cousins would make a difference at quite a few Premiership clubs, they are awash with dosh.
    I would expect at least 5-6 million plus add ons from a club with the standing of, say, Swansea City or similar.

If I was worth £500M+ and had any real ambition with the club I owned I would probably try to keep them both so I had a Championship competitive squad if promoted in the first season, and increased my chances of said promotion.
    If you had any ambition for the club you wouldn'thave got us relegated in the first place.
  • SLP article on Lookman's England u19 call up suggests he's likely to leave

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118943

Come on, we know it's not as simple as that.

If I player wants to leave and expresses that we have to let him go.

As a wise man Chris Powell once said, "every player outside the Prem is for sale".
    Maybe, although it was not so many years ago that Southampton were relegated to League One and kept Lallana / Fonte and others, why... Because they had a rich owner who wanted to get them to the PL not just a yo yo Championship/League One Millwallesq status.
  • Cousins strength is his athleticism and that he covers every blade of grass, he can also defend very well for a central midfielder due to his time spent as a defender in the academy.

I believe if he added goals to his game a little more often, we would be able to demand the £6mil+ add ons. As others have mentioned, Alli went for about £5mil, he has said his best attribute is his athleticism, but Alli scores goals.

That's why I feel £3/4mil plus any add ons we could possibly get like promotion, appearances, if he gets a England U21 or whatever else, is the best we can hope for.

There is still time for him to add that to his game and be a later developer in terms of goals, but right now he doesn't do that side much, meaning we can't command that type of fee.

If he goes for £3.5mil and we get the same for Gudmundsson after add ons, £7mil for the two players is not bad business I suppose... I do however feel if we had a competent CEO, we may be able to wriggle that up a million or so.
  • Scoham said:

SLP article on Lookman's England u19 call up suggests he's likely to leave

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118943

Didn't get much from that article apart from he's been called up.