Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Good deal all round deal worth 3.5 to us for a div one player and he gets prem football not sure he good enough to be honest for that jump or burnley the right move but good luck to him ...

Agree - couldn't really expect more for him and i never really expected him to stay. Don't feel disappointed with this one - it's the Bauers and Kashis that I am waiting to see what will happen to.
    Both of those two will be here for the first half of the season, I think the injuries from last season will mean interested parties will want to see how they have recovered.
  • He had a touch of the Rezas about him this season - not wanting to get hurt before a major tournament. He was lucky that a) the whole team were shit and b) he bought himself fan's patience with a good season prior.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

JBG cannot be classed as a Div 3 player in any sense! He hasn't kicked a ball at that level, however he did shine in s struggling team during his time in the Championship so a transfer to the likes of Burnley probably about right. I was not blown away by his performance at the Euros so also reckon the fee is about right

So we are not a third division team? Burnley are not a premier league team? Holmes has not played for Charlton but is a Charlton player. JBG plays for Charlton, we are a third division team, therefore JBG is a third division player
  • JBG in my opinion is not the type of player suitable for third tier football, he doesn't roll up his sleeves often enough for me and not great at defensive duties.

However no doubt about his skill on the ball, be interesting to see how much game time he gets in premier league.
  • Why did they accept the lower bid then RedHenry

Because he has a clause in his contract with a minimum release value that Burnley have met.
  • JBG in my opinion is not the type of player suitable for third tier football, he doesn't roll up his sleeves often enough for me and not great at defensive duties.

However no doubt about his skill on the ball, be interesting to see how much game time he gets in premier league.

Seemed alright at the defensive stuff against England. Maybe having better players around him helped?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Why did they accept the lower bid then RedHenry

Because he has a clause in his contract with a minimum release value that Burnley have met.
    And it possibly could have been a top tier release clause, which Norwich couldn't activate as a Championship club, hence their higher offer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Everybody agreed that we needed a full squad rebuild this pre-season. 3 seemingly good signings so far, but a little worrying that we need several more and there's not much news on any others.

Welling on Saturday. Don't think I'm wrong in remembering an exciting buzz for that game during the Powell summer rebuild - everybody hoping to get a look at all the new players.
  • Simonsen said:

JBG in my opinion is not the type of player suitable for third tier football, he doesn't roll up his sleeves often enough for me and not great at defensive duties.

Seemed alright at the defensive stuff against England. Maybe having better players around him helped?
    Possibly or it maybe that England didn't have a clue like all the other games they played.
  • Ben18 said:

seth plum said:

Nug said:

Alex Pike season long loan from West Ham?

19 year old medium build right back. West Ham would be looking to us to develop him which casts a shadow over Solly. He is the same age as our Ashley Barnes an attack minded, excitable right back of our own so this one is a bit of a hmmmmmm possibility.
    I think you mean Aaron Barnes

Ashley Barnes is that angry chap who plays up top for Burnley sometimes
    Duh. Aaron of course.
  • Dazzler21 said:

thanks @Dazzler21. Begs the question, why did Norwich bid more than his release fee? They must be stupid, maybe we could get them interested in Bergdich, Ba and Ceballos?

• Dazzler21 said:

thanks @Dazzler21. Begs the question, why did Norwich bid more than his release fee? They must be stupid, maybe we could get them interested in Bergdich, Ba and Ceballos?

I'd assume it was due to their parachute money, they expected to get us to agree on a higher fee and probably didn't expect a premier league club to swoop in.

Just assumptive work but I think in this circumstance it may work.
  • Nug said:

Is he Geoff Pike's son?
  • Nug said:

Is he Geoff Pike's son?
    Not related
  • Franck Moussa in talks with Walsall. Thought we'd seen the last of him at The Valley
  • Franck Moussa in talks with Walsall. Thought we'd seen the last of him at The Valley

To replace Jordan Cook who has left Walsall for Luton.

Also been offered a contract with Southend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Akinfenwa training with Greenwich Borough.

CONFIRMED.
  • This Colin obsession used to be funny but now it is ruining this thread.

So stop going on about it. You're only encouraging him to say evermore silly and outrageous things by sticking up for him.
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Halix said:

I have said this before, but it doesn't matter a toss how much he's sold for because it goes to Roland and not to CAFC.

Nail on the head, Halix. All these imaginary salaries and fees for Gudmundsson - who cares, when Duchatelet is perfectly capable of trousering the dosh and parachuting in another turkey from Belgium? It's worth remembering that JBG is flaky in the tackle, is by-passed by every smart Championship team, and was entirely culpable in a relegated side. And he got on his high horse, slagging us off in the Press for demonstrating against Duchatelet.

I have great hopes for Novak and Ajose - between them, 39 goals last season: that is precisely what we need. No crouching and posturing from a manager on the touchline, no burbling platitudes, no excuses about irritation of the pubis. I'm relying on Slade to play them both in every game, to forge a partnership that will maraud and triumph - they have superb role models in Killer and Flash.

I'm champing at the bit for Welling on Saturday. The sloping pitch, the incomprehensible tannoy, a ball skied over the wall to unsuspecting shoppers. COME ON YOU REDS!

It's matters to how much debt we are saddled with when Roly finally realises football ain't for him and leaves.
    How many Belgians do we have in the squad ???
    we have to cover 6mill loses that we will occur through the season, plus the money RD putting in monthly to cover running costs, also we just spent appox 1.2 mill on two players with more to come if Slade needs them ..... So what money is going in his pocket ???
    Gudmunnson was always going if he had a good euros even if we had stayed in the championship , plus is salary (most likey cover 2/3 new signings )
    The money RD is putting in monthly to cover the running costs, is to cover the £6M annual loss you div.
    Div ....... The 6 mill is this season due to relegation !!!
    Sorry Colin, that's not what you said. You said, "we have to cover 6mill loses that we will occur through the season", plus the money RD putting in monthly to cover running costs."

Presumably you did not mean this at all. You meant to say "we have to cover the £6M loss due to relegation, plus RD putting in further money each month to cover running costs".

Anyway, back to transfer rumours.