Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• cfgs said:

Swisdom said:

£3m, Turner, Hoolahan and a 20% sell on (that goes to Charlton, not Roland) for and Icelandic national hero

£3m, Turner and Delia to do The Valley catering
    Can Turner cook?
    Yes
  • Sage said:

Norwich have just had a bid accepted for young Liverpool winger Sergi Canos. 2.5m.

See what I mean, done alright in one season for Brentford, and yes he has potential but Gudmundsson has proven to do well, much better than Canos, in a side that's struggled for the two seasons he's been here.

We can surely demand a little more than £3mil, he still has 3 years left on his contract remember.
    A Spanish youth international will always attract a premium I guess
  • Sage said:

Norwich have just had a bid accepted for young Liverpool winger Sergi Canos. 2.5m.

See what I mean, done alright in one season for Brentford, and yes he has potential but Gudmundsson has proven to do well, much better than Canos, in a side that's struggled for the two seasons he's been here.

We can surely demand a little more than £3mil, he still has 3 years left on his contract remember.
    I would assume he has a release clause.
  • Why? We have relegation Roger to help us fall through the trapdoor and into firey oblivion... only to be resurrected from the cold ashes, Belgian free, once more OUR glorious club!!!

It is only July and i have gone CL transfer rumour ga gah!!!

Hopefully he'll be going to St. Truiden .
  • I can't see any circumstance where JBG would stay.

But I would hope for £4m plus add ons for appearances and either promotion from championship or placing related in premiership.

I think there's a decent gap between premiership tv money between top and bottom of the premiership and if your player has helped to that you should get a share I reckon.
  • cfgs said:

Swisdom said:

£3m, Turner, Hoolahan and a 20% sell on (that goes to Charlton, not Roland) for and Icelandic national hero

£3m, Turner and Delia to do The Valley catering
    Can Turner cook?
    Yes
    I Like celebrities, but I couldn't eat a whole one
  • edited July 2016
    Can anyone hazard a decent guess as to what JBG cost in terms of transfer fee + wages for his two seasons?

• Simonsen said:

Can anyone hazard a decent guess as to what JBG cost in terms of transfer fee + wages for his two seasons?

no fee, he was a Bosman
  • Simonsen said:

no fee, he was a Bosman
    Which probably means he got a nice signing on fee instead. And as he only had one year left when he signed his extended contract, probably another nice signing on fee!
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Let us get real, I don't think anybody is going to pay 4 M for JBG. What Premiership club is going to buy him? I can't see any Championship Club stumping up that sort of money. 2.5 to 3 M tops.

Ritchie to Newcastle, 10m
    McCormack to Massives, quoted 15m

Money in the championship is getting just as ridiculous as the premier league
  • dickplumb said:

Let us get real, I don't think anybody is going to pay 4 M for JBG. What Premiership club is going to buy him? I can't see any Championship Club stumping up that sort of money. 2.5 to 3 M tops.

This, I would be shocked if a Prem club bought him
  • dickplumb said:

If they don't ten we should loan him for a year. Let someone else pick up is £20,000 per week and he's proven himself They sign for 4 million.

If not he comes back to us in the championship

• Swisdom said:

dickplumb said:

If they don't ten we should loan him for a year. Let someone else pick up is £20,000 per week and he's proven himself They sign for 4 million.

If not he comes back to us in the championship in League Two

sorted ;-))
  • I think that the best we can realistically hope for is £3 million, plus perhaps a bonus payment if Norwich get promoted next season. I think that Doctor Kish suggested that JBG has a release clause in his contract. Even if that is higher than £3 million, I doubt we could achieve any more than that unless a few clubs come in for JBG and there is serious competition.
  • Wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to loan Johann out a la Vetokele, the plan being to get promoted this season and have him back in the squad this time next year.

Or is that wishful thinking?
  • Swisdom said:

dickplumb said:

If not he comes back to us in the championship

Where do these figures regarding his wages come from? I've read on Twitter he's on £16k, now it's £20k? No doubt he'll be a high earner but are we really paying that sort of money?
  • A REAL RUMOUR (or at least a repeat of an old one)

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118906

"Charlton are likely to want around £3million for the ex-AZ Alkmaar man"

Very happy if we get 3mill. He's on 25k a week!

• Redhenry said:

A REAL RUMOUR (or at least a repeat of an old one)

I heard it was lower, about 14k which is still a huge amount but as ever these figures get banded about and are rarely If ever accurate.
  • Redhenry said:

No he's not

It's at least 35k
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Redhenry said:

No he's not

It's at least 35k
    Not calling you a liar, but my Icelandic football agent friend told me it was 40K
  • sam3110 said:

Redhenry said:

No he's not

It's at least 35k
    25k would be ridiculous and only further proves just how mad this regime is.

• 3m would be shit, Villa are paying 5m for a Reading player who has played about 20 games. Newcastle are spending tonnes. Middlesbrough didn't have any parachute payments last yeer and were able to get Stewart Downing, Kike, David Nugent and Gaston Ramirez.

Probably about half the Championship teams have at least a 10m transfer budget to spend, we should be looking for at least 5/6m for him. Whether we see it back regardless is a different story of course.
  • Redhenry said:

I heard it was lower, about 14k which is still a huge amount but as ever these figures get banded about and are rarely If ever accurate.
    He knows his stuff so guessing it is 25
  • sam3110 said:

Redhenry said:

No he's not

It's at least 35k
    Not calling you a liar, but my Icelandic football agent friend told me it was 40K
    I'd heard he was earning so much that, if he stayed another 3 months, he'd be able to buy the club.
  • Wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to loan Johann out a la Vetokele, the plan being to get promoted this season and have him back in the squad this time next year.

Or is that wishful thinking?

No way would JBG just take a loan "to get him off the books" after a successful Euros in front of 500m viewers!

This is his big chance to get a good move
  • colin1961 said:

Think people need to remember we are a div one team so our players value will drop a million or two ..... Most examples people have are players leaving championship teams , if we were championship I would expect 5 mill for him .

If this was true most of our players would be worth -£1.5M.
  • I have said this before, but it doesn't matter a toss how much he's sold for because it goes to Roland and not to CAFC.
  • Palarse sign Tomkins from Wham,£10m,not a bad signing depressingly :(