Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I am so tempted to answer but I won't
  • Welling have bid 2 quid for fox. Charlton are demanding 3

Have Welling got 2 mil to spend on a back? I think you may be mixed up a bit with values of players.
  • _nam11 said:

Fox had a few poor games. But so did every single other player. He was just a scapegoat last season. Felt it was unjust to single him out the majority of the time.

And so was Pope...they need to slaughter someone...

• Don't think so
  • I bet you booed Francis as well... :-)
  • Redrobo said:

Welling have bid 2 quid for fox. Charlton are demanding 3

Have Welling got 2 mil to spend on a back? I think you may be mixed up a bit with values of players.
    WOOOOOOSH
  • _nam11 said:

Fox had a few poor games. But so did every single other player. He was just a scapegoat last season. Felt it was unjust to single him out the majority of the time.

Funny old game. I wonder if the same ones booing Pope are hoping he stays this summer?
  • Sponsored links:

• _nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

Funny old game. I wonder if the same ones booing Pope are hoping he stays this summer?
    I would think so....
  • nice to see that scapegoat season has started before even the first pre season friendly .. I thing that Roger Johnson will have a decent season for us, given the chance .. but we all know, he could score two hat tricks and make ten goal line clearances in the first two games .. and guess what ? .. he'd still be called a donkey (or worse) by far too many 'fans' on here
  • Never booed a Charlton player - just think it's pointless. Demotivating players is so daft.

As for Popey I'd love him to stay but understand he doesn't feel the same.
  • 35 new posts and one Rumour. Tucudean to Gills. Ffs.
  • 35 new posts and one Rumour. Tucudean to Gills. Ffs.

What you got?
  • Unless Michael Turned is prepared to compromise on his wages (or Roland is prepared to pay anyway), then Roger Johnson is in situ and cheap.
    If we don't sign a central defender then it must mean Bauer or Tex will stay, with Lennon and other promising young players to pad out the squad in that department.
    OR
    We are seeing signs of Slade's aspirations being thwarted by the regime perhaps. Especially if Lennon and Johnson are the senior pair at the back, which would persuade plenty of other managers to see us as beatable.
  • edited July 2016

Very reliable source tells me there is are no plans to ship out Roger Johnson.

A very unreliable source has told me this isn't the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roger Johnson was run ragged by Sordell at Colchester. He looked a busted flush last season. Hopefully we get another CB in and then pay him off.
  • seth plum said:

Unless Michael Turned is prepared to compromise on his wages (or Roland is prepared to pay anyway), then Roger Johnson is in situ and cheap.
    If we don't sign a central defender then it must mean Bauer or Tex will stay, with Lennon and other promising young players to pad out the squad in that department.
    OR
    We are seeing signs of Slade's aspirations being thwarted by the regime perhaps. Especially if Lennon and Johnson are the senior pair at the back, which would persuade plenty of other managers to see us as beatable.

I'm not distraught if Roger Johnson is fourth choice. Slade knows that at this moment he only has Lennon. I doubt Johnson is seen as first choice. Nobody knows if and when Bauer will be or remain fit or indeed even be at the club. Slade will know he needs at least one senior CB to come in.

I guess in an emergency Diarra or Fox could cover but not the way to set out for a promotion push.

You really do need four centre backs.

• Roger Johnson was run ragged by Sordell at Colchester. He looked a busted flush last season. Hopefully we get another CB in and then pay him off.

Hopefully that was partly down to the fact that we had Karel 'Spreadout' Fraeye in charge.

I'd think that under Russell Slade, Johnson will either have to knuckle down and improve (a lot) or he'll be shipped out, cant see any players being carried this season under Slade.
  • nice to see that scapegoat season has started before even the first pre season friendly .. I thing that Roger Johnson will have a decent season for us, given the chance .. but we all know, he could score two hat tricks and make ten goal line clearances in the first two games .. and guess what ? .. he'd still be called a donkey (or worse) by far too many 'fans' on here

Where is the harm in criticising a player for poor performances on a message board? Johnson had a couple of decent games in 2015, mainly when he played alongside Gomez. Last season he was disgraceful.
  • wmcf123 said:

nice to see that scapegoat season has started before even the first pre season friendly .. I thing that Roger Johnson will have a decent season for us, given the chance .. but we all know, he could score two hat tricks and make ten goal line clearances in the first two games .. and guess what ? .. he'd still be called a donkey (or worse) by far too many 'fans' on here

Where is the harm in criticising a player for poor performances on a message board? Johnson had a couple of decent games in 2015, mainly when he played alongside Gomez. Last season he was disgraceful.
    But last season has ended... We should surely be looking forward to the next season when anything can happen and performances can be extremely different to last time out
  • wmcf123 said:

nice to see that scapegoat season has started before even the first pre season friendly .. I thing that Roger Johnson will have a decent season for us, given the chance .. but we all know, he could score two hat tricks and make ten goal line clearances in the first two games .. and guess what ? .. he'd still be called a donkey (or worse) by far too many 'fans' on here

But last season has ended... We should surely be looking forward to the next season when anything can happen and performances can be extremely different to last time out
    Agreed. That wasn't the point I was making
  • That missed header against Reading was the single most appalling dereliction of basic footballing competence I've seen any Charlton player display. He should have been sacked on the spot; it was almost akin to kicking it in his own net
  • Swisdom said:

Leuth said:

That missed header against Reading was the single most appalling dereliction of basic footballing competence I've seen any Charlton player display. He should have been sacked on the spot; it was almost akin to kicking it in his own net

I don't buy that. I've seen some magnificent ineptitude in a Charlton shirt.

I recall a left back against Ipswich waiting for the ball to bounce out of play only for it to hit him on the head and give away a throw in - that's just for starters.

Someone should start a thread on this. My mind jumps to Luke Varney with half the pitch and only the keeper to beat, passes it into the goalie's stomach from 12 yards.
  • Swisdom said:

Leuth said:

That missed header against Reading was the single most appalling dereliction of basic footballing competence I've seen any Charlton player display. He should have been sacked on the spot; it was almost akin to kicking it in his own net

I don't buy that. I've seen some magnificent ineptitude in a Charlton shirt.

I recall a left back against Ipswich waiting for the ball to bounce out of play only for it to hit him on the head and give away a throw in - that's just for starters.

Someone should start a thread on this. My mind jumps to Luke Varney with half the pitch and only the keeper to beat, passes it into the goalie's stomach from 12 yards.
    you sure you don't mean the one where he rounded the keeper, chose not to hit it into the open goal and then failed to beat a defender masquerading as the keeper