Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Leuth said:

That missed header against Reading was the single most appalling dereliction of basic footballing competence I've seen any Charlton player display. He should have been sacked on the spot; it was almost akin to kicking it in his own net

I don't buy that. I've seen some magnificent ineptitude in a Charlton shirt.

I recall a left back against Ipswich waiting for the ball to bounce out of play only for it to hit him on the head and give away a throw in - that's just for starters.

The Seaborne one was so funny because he did it twice in the same match tbf
  • but yeah i mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGPXBu2TsXU

would be shocking in an u11s match
  • T
    Leuth said:

Swisdom said:

Leuth said:

That missed header against Reading was the single most appalling dereliction of basic footballing competence I've seen any Charlton player display. He should have been sacked on the spot; it was almost akin to kicking it in his own net

I recall a left back against Ipswich waiting for the ball to bounce out of play only for it to hit him on the head and give away a throw in - that's just for starters.

Someone should start a thread on this. My mind jumps to Luke Varney with half the pitch and only the keeper to beat, passes it into the goalie's stomach from 12 yards.
    you sure you don't mean the one where he rounded the keeper, chose not to hit it into the open goal and then failed to beat a defender masquerading as the keeper
    Against Burnley I believe. :anguished:
  • T

Leuth said:

Swisdom said:

Leuth said:

Someone should start a thread on this. My mind jumps to Luke Varney with half the pitch and only the keeper to beat, passes it into the goalie's stomach from 12 yards.
    you sure you don't mean the one where he rounded the keeper, chose not to hit it into the open goal and then failed to beat a defender masquerading as the keeper
    Against Burnley I believe. :anguished:
    Both were :cry:
  • RUMOURS !!!!!!!!!!
  • I've heard a rumour that Kilgallon has a better offer elsewhere, so he wont be signing for us.

Rumours are often compIete rubbish and I hope this one is, but if true I'm surprised a League 1 footballer is thinking of earning above 15 grand a week .
  • IT_Andy said:

I've heard a rumour that Kilgallon has a better offer elsewhere, so he wont be signing for us.

Rumours are often compIete rubbish and I hope this one is, but if true I'm surprised a League 1 footballer is thinking of earning above 15 grand a week .

At least this is a genuine rumour, even if it may or may not be complete rubbish.

Anyway, back to Fox, Johnson, etc....
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Redrobo said:

Welling have bid 2 quid for fox. Charlton are demanding 3

Have Welling got 2 mil to spend on a back? I think you may be mixed up a bit with values of players.
    WOOOOOOSH
    I double WOOOOOOOOSH you mate.
  • seth plum said:

Unless Michael Turned is prepared to compromise on his wages (or Roland is prepared to pay anyway), then Roger Johnson is in situ and cheap.
    If we don't sign a central defender then it must mean Bauer or Tex will stay, with Lennon and other promising young players to pad out the squad in that department.
    OR
    We are seeing signs of Slade's aspirations being thwarted by the regime perhaps. Especially if Lennon and Johnson are the senior pair at the back, which would persuade plenty of other managers to see us as beatable.

I'm not distraught if Roger Johnson is fourth choice. Slade knows that at this moment he only has Lennon. I doubt Johnson is seen as first choice. Nobody knows if and when Bauer will be or remain fit or indeed even be at the club. Slade will know he needs at least one senior CB to come in.

I guess in an emergency Diarra or Fox could cover but not the way to set out for a promotion push.

You really do need four centre backs.

According to Ketts, he may play against Welling on Saturday
  • ross1 said:

seth plum said:

Unless Michael Turned is prepared to compromise on his wages (or Roland is prepared to pay anyway), then Roger Johnson is in situ and cheap.
    If we don't sign a central defender then it must mean Bauer or Tex will stay, with Lennon and other promising young players to pad out the squad in that department.
    OR
    We are seeing signs of Slade's aspirations being thwarted by the regime perhaps. Especially if Lennon and Johnson are the senior pair at the back, which would persuade plenty of other managers to see us as beatable.

I'm not distraught if Roger Johnson is fourth choice. Slade knows that at this moment he only has Lennon. I doubt Johnson is seen as first choice. Nobody knows if and when Bauer will be or remain fit or indeed even be at the club. Slade will know he needs at least one senior CB to come in.

I guess in an emergency Diarra or Fox could cover but not the way to set out for a promotion push.

There's nobody else is there ?

• ross1 said:

seth plum said:

OR

About his level to be fair.
  • edited July 2016
    Ketts does indeed mean Bauer. That's very good because I thought he was going to be out for a while yet.
  • I thought Bauer had a set back and wouldn't be fit for the start of the season
  • If bauer is fit that's great news as all the rumours were that he would be out for a while
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he went to Germany for an assessment and he has been cleared to start training. I would be surprised to see him play at Welling.
  • Bauer and Diarra/Lennon/Johnson which one would you choose at the moment?
  • sam3110 said:

Bauer and Diarra/Lennon/Johnson which one would you choose at the moment?

Please take things like this to a seperate thread / create a new thread. Thanks
  • sam3110 said:

The grand master has spoken.
  • sam3110 said:

Bauer and A.N.Other... anyone got any ideas who we might be able to get in? :-)

Hope this change of topic pleases the mods.
  • If Bauer is still here and stays fit, I'd be confident of top 6. Big ifs
  • edited July 2016
    Not a rumour but Coventry City have signed Marvellous Marvin Sordell...

Maybe someone should start a Confirmed Deals - Summer 2016 thread!
  • ross1 said:

seth plum said:

OR

About his level to be fair.
    94 pages and this takes 1st place for the stupidest post!
  • sam3110 said:

Sorry bossman

I have seen some names bandied about, so the above choice is if we lose Teixeira and don't sign anyone.

However I think we will have a new centre back in by Welling, or at the very least A.Trialist

Fingers crossed the rumours of Killgallon/Turner are true
  • I'd love Turner but his wages won't please Roland