Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• You lot are bonkers. JBG will go for £2m max.
  • colin1961 said:

Think people need to remember we are a div one team so our players value will drop a million or two ..... Most examples people have are players leaving championship teams , if we were championship I would expect 5 mill for him .

Can't be many times a player of Johann's quality has been on a League One team though to be honest. Probably since our first spell along with Norwich/Southampton/Leeds. What did Shelvey go for total? Should double based on the market compared to then.
  • Halix said:

I have said this before, but it doesn't matter a toss how much he's sold for because it goes to Roland and not to CAFC.

I'm sure someone has already said this mate.
  • If players like Kilgallon want above 15K a week and Charlton are hell bent on getting back to the Championship, then Charlton will need to pay these kind of wages.
  • Roland should show some ambition and keep JBG, Cousins etc for a season to get us back up.
  • Dazzler21 said:

JBG will stay in Iceland for the next few days

• Scoham said:

Swisdom said:

dickplumb said:

Let us get real, I don't think anybody is going to pay 4 M for JBG. What Premiership club is going to buy him? I can't see any Championship Club stumping up that sort of money. 2.5 to 3 M tops.

If they don't ten we should loan him for a year. Let someone else pick up is £20,000 per week and he's proven himself They sign for 4 million.

If not he comes back to us in the championship

Where do these figures regarding his wages come from? I've read on Twitter he's on £16k, now it's £20k? No doubt he'll be a high earner but are we really paying that sort of money?
    IIRC, on FM 2016 his wages are £18.5k per week.
  • Sponsored links:

• You lot are bonkers. JBG will go for £2m max.

Absolutely right. Lots of assists/goals but we are LeagueOme, with a history of selling badly under this lot and whilst JBG is good at Championship level he has never played above and has no pace which people like.
  • Palarse sign Tomkins from Wham,£10m,not a bad signing depressingly :(

Never been convinced by him and £10M sounds a lot to me.
  • bellz2002 said:

Scoham said:

Swisdom said:

dickplumb said:

Let us get real, I don't think anybody is going to pay 4 M for JBG. What Premiership club is going to buy him? I can't see any Championship Club stumping up that sort of money. 2.5 to 3 M tops.

If they don't ten we should loan him for a year. Let someone else pick up is £20,000 per week and he's proven himself They sign for 4 million.

Where do these figures regarding his wages come from? I've read on Twitter he's on £16k, now it's £20k? No doubt he'll be a high earner but are we really paying that sort of money?
    IIRC, on FM 2016 his wages are £18.5k per week.
    What does IIRC mean?
  • Roland should show some ambition and keep JBG, Cousins etc for a season to get us back up.

That will be like the ambition he promised JBG and Cousins last season when they signed new contracts on the basis that we were going to go for promotion to the premier league.

Remind me how that went.
    colin1961 said:

Think people need to remember we are a div one team so our players value will drop a million or two ..... Most examples people have are players leaving championship teams , if we were championship I would expect 5 mill for him .

I think most of us do remember we are in league 1, it's you who seems to have overlooked the fact when constantly praising our glorious leader and his fragrant CEO
    Completely unnecessary comment. What has a comment about Championship and League One player evaluations got to do with Roland or Katrien?

All that's going to do it wind him up, making him post more, which will wind you up, making him post more.........

Just ignore him if he winds you up too much. If you prod him with little digs, then he will just react.

It's like my two kids sitting in the back of the car winding each other up.
  • edited July 2016
    If a player like Kilgallon wants 15k a week I wouldn't want or expect the club to pay it. The season we went up players like Wiggins,Taylor and Morrison were on about 3/4k a week.
  • I wouldn't want us to pay even 8k pw in League One. If JBG ws on 15k pw last,season then he was a very, very lucky boy.

That will be like the ambition he promised JBG and Cousins last season when they signed new contracts on the basis that we were going to go for promotion to the premier league.

Remind me how that went.
    colin1961 said:

I think most of us do remember we are in league 1, it's you who seems to have overlooked the fact when constantly praising our glorious leader and his fragrant CEO
    Completely unnecessary comment. What has a comment about Championship and League One player evaluations got to do with Roland or Katrien?

All that's going to do it wind him up, making him post more, which will wind you up, making him post more.........

Just ignore him if he winds you up too much. If you prod him with little digs, then he will just react.

He doesn't wind me up. He's even worse as a troll than he is as a rumour monger.

When he is "reminding" us were a Div One (sic) side he overlooks that the coaches and regime he has backed to the hilt got us there, that was all.

• 15k a week for Killagon while Curtis Nelson has just gone to Oxford... OXFORD. Happy with the recruitment so far but think we've missed a trick there, and not one that Powell would've missed a few years ago.
  • That will be the Michael Appleton factor. Next England Manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

I would imagine a sell on clause would be added to that 3 mill as well.

I'd never have thought of that.

Remind me how that went.
    colin1961 said:

He doesn't wind me up. He's even worse as a troll than he is as a rumour monger.

When he is "reminding" us were a Div One (sic) side he overlooks that the coaches and regime he has backed to the hilt got us there, that was all.

Totally respect your view of him as a troll - and in many respects you are right.

But he doesn't wind you up? Come on Henry - that's like saying OooAhMortimer doesn't mind Millwall.....
  • colin1961 said:

Scoham said:

Swisdom said:

dickplumb said:

He on prem wages around 20k mark
    You came out with that line a couple of weeks ago.
  • 15k a week for Killagon while Curtis Nelson has just gone to Oxford... OXFORD. Happy with the recruitment so far but think we've missed a trick there, and not one that Powell would've missed a few years ago.

Were we genuinely after Curtis Nelson though?

Nothing to do with Roland whatsoever, why on earth would JBG want to play in league 1 when premiership chasing Norwich want him. Same goes for Cousins. Think people just need to be realistic rather than just assuming that Roland can click his fingers and decide they're staying.

Roland should show some ambition and keep JBG, Cousins etc for a season to get us back up.

I get your point and agree but the other side of the coin is that they have signed contracts to play for Charlton so if Roland clicks his fingers, they stay
  • 48 posts since 3pm ! I thought there was a transfer rumour or something!
  • Just to put a few things straight.
    Firstly I never boo any player, i don't see the point.
    Secondly the only people who i do abuse are Roland and squirrel.
    Thirdly the point of having forums like this is to give opinions, all I'm saying is I don't think fox is good enough. Time will tell

I thought you said you were going to shut up about it.