Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• 15k a week for Killagon while Curtis Nelson has just gone to Oxford... OXFORD. Happy with the recruitment so far but think we've missed a trick there, and not one that Powell would've missed a few years ago.

Were we genuinely after Curtis Nelson though?
    If not I think it's worth asking why. More than good enough. Especially at a tribunal fee at most.
  • JBG to Burnley.
  • JBG to Burnley.

Where did you hear that nit of information?
  • It's on Twitter. 2.5mil plus 1m add ons
  • dingdong said:

It's on Twitter. 2.5mil plus 1m add ons

• Looking very much like a done deal
  • Sponsored links:

• JGB is a good lower championship player , never a premier player though imo, no pace.
  • What was the rumour again?

JBG to leave in surprise leave shocker?

To Burnley?

For £2.5m + add ons, seems reasonable given JBG seemed like he wanted to leave, if a bit disappointing if one of many peoples players from last season is leaving to go to the bright lights of Burnley.
  • Halix said:

I have said this before, but it doesn't matter a toss how much he's sold for because it goes to Roland and not to CAFC.

But then all the money for player purchases come FROM Roland.

And if we are borrowing money from RD, then sales will reduce the debts, so it is in our interest to get decent prices for player sales.
  • As good a move as he could hope for. Decent money for us. I never expected him to stay so good result all round tbh. I am however keen on Harriott to stay as I think he will do ok in league 1 - especially after how he performed at Colchester.
  • What was the rumour again?

JBG to leave in surprise leave shocker?

To Burnley?

For £2.5m + add ons, seems reasonable given JBG seemed like he wanted to leave, if a bit disappointing if one of many peoples players from last season is leaving to go to the bright lights of Burnley.

He's from Iceland, Burnley will seem like Las Vegas!

• I heard it was lower, about 14k which is still a huge amount but as ever these figures get banded about and are rarely If ever accurate.

That might have been before his pay rise. He's deffo on 25k
  • JBG to Burnley.

This.
    Norwich will pay more but he wants move to Dingles. Club not happy!
  • Why did they accept the lower bid then RedHenry
  • Sponsored links:

• Twice Norwich have been done in a week. Fletcher was set to go there until Sheffield Weds offered him silly money and a four deal to a 29 year old.
  • Why did they accept the lower bid then RedHenry

Because we have a clueless CEO doing the negotiating for us, that's why... Any other club would surely say, the player wants the move and is happy to go, so he is yours if you increase your offer to X amount.

Even if it's a little more like total of £4/4.5mil including add ons, that's nothing to Burnley now.
  • Alex Pike season long loan from West Ham?
  • Halix said:

I have said this before, but it doesn't matter a toss how much he's sold for because it goes to Roland and not to CAFC.

Nail on the head, Halix. All these imaginary salaries and fees for Gudmundsson - who cares, when Duchatelet is perfectly capable of trousering the dosh and parachuting in another turkey from Belgium? It's worth remembering that JBG is flaky in the tackle, is by-passed by every smart Championship team, and was entirely culpable in a relegated side. And he got on his high horse, slagging us off in the Press for demonstrating against Duchatelet.

I have great hopes for Novak and Ajose - between them, 39 goals last season: that is precisely what we need. No crouching and posturing from a manager on the touchline, no burbling platitudes, no excuses about irritation of the pubis. I'm relying on Slade to play them both in every game, to forge a partnership that will maraud and triumph - they have superb role models in Killer and Flash.

I'm champing at the bit for Welling on Saturday. The sloping pitch, the incomprehensible tannoy, a ball skied over the wall to unsuspecting shoppers. COME ON YOU REDS!

It's matters to how much debt we are saddled with when Roly finally realises football ain't for him and leaves.
  • Nug said:

Alex Pike season long loan from West Ham?

19 year old medium build right back. West Ham would be looking to us to develop him which casts a shadow over Solly. He is the same age as our Ashley Barnes an attack minded, excitable right back of our own so this one is a bit of a hmmmmmm possibility.
  • seth plum said:

Nug said:

19 year old medium build right back. West Ham would be looking to us to develop him which casts a shadow over Solly. He is the same age as our Ashley Barnes an attack minded, excitable right back of our own so this one is a bit of a hmmmmmm possibility.
    I think you mean Aaron Barnes

Ashley Barnes is that angry chap who plays up top for Burnley sometimes
  • Nug said:

From Dad's Army?
  • colin1961 said:

Good deal all round deal worth 3.5 to us for a div one player and he gets prem football not sure he good enough to be honest for that jump or burnley the right move but good luck to him ...

When did he play in division three wum?
  • colin1961 said:

Good deal all round deal worth 3.5 to us for a div one player and he gets prem football not sure he good enough to be honest for that jump or burnley the right move but good luck to him ...

Agree - couldn't really expect more for him and i never really expected him to stay. Don't feel disappointed with this one - it's the Bauers and Kashis that I am waiting to see what will happen to.