Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Do we currently have any central defenders that will be fit for the start of the season?
  • Roger Johnson.
  • iaitch said:

Macronate said:

Lewis Buxton training with us.

not sure I'd be happy with an ex-Wednesday player but suppose we could treat it as water under the bridge.
    Most people on here were happy with Morrison another ex Wednesday player.
    Don't spring that one on me.
  • Macronate said:

iaitch said:

Macronate said:

Lewis Buxton training with us.

not sure I'd be happy with an ex-Wednesday player but suppose we could treat it as water under the bridge.
    Most people on here were happy with Morrison another ex Wednesday player.
    Don't spring that one on me.
    Whats Matt Spring got to do with Sheffield Wednesday and Lewis Buxton?
  • Do we currently have any central defenders that will be fit for the start of the season?

I've picked up a fair amount of weight and could plug a gap. I can still probably move a bit quicker than Roger Johnson. Here's hoping Bauer recovers quickly and we bring in a couple soon
  • Swisdom said:

J BLOCK said:

LordDofB said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/06/queens-park-rangers-bid-for-jordan-cousins/

If Brighton & QPR are keen this will hopefully increase any potential fee.

Why do people get hung up on this? It won't matter to us, he won't plow it back into the squad.
    Yup - Ajose signed for shirt buttons and a packet of pork scratchings
    100% RD would not use pork scratchings.
  • Yay my thread made 100 pages!! ;)
  • Lewis Buxton training with us.

Club won't be please that you've leaked this.
  • I thought Evian were giving him a trial?
  • rather have a bottle of Buxton water at the back if I'm honest, underwhelmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Good deal all round deal worth 3.5 to us for a div one player and he gets prem football not sure he good enough to be honest for that jump or burnley the right move but good luck to him ...

When did he play in division three wum?
    Was that necessary? Every single Colin comment you have to respond to, even when he is right! Get a life!!!

We are currently a third division club which currently makes our players third division players
    On the contrary, I think he needs to get a life.

• This Colin obsession used to be funny but now it is ruining this thread.

So stop going on about it. You're only encouraging him to say evermore silly and outrageous things by sticking up for him.
    The only thing that will make him go away is for people to stop biting at everything he says. He will get bored and the problem will go away. It's very simple.
    No it won't and no it's not.
  • @DamoNorthStand and @Todds_right_hook have kidnapped my puppy and are threatening to shoot it if I mention that person again so no comment ; - )
    I'll get your puppy back.
  • @ForeverAddickted saying no Lookman at Welling. I think he is saying that some fans will wet their pants over this.
  • colin1961 said:

@ForeverAddickted saying no Lookman at Welling. I think he is saying that some fans will wet their pants over this.

Lookman been away with England so won't be back at the club yet ... that's why he won't be at welling
    Hook, line and sinker ; - )
  • colin1961 said:

@ForeverAddickted saying no Lookman at Welling. I think he is saying that some fans will wet their pants over this.

Lookman been away with England so won't be back at the club yet ... that's why he won't be at welling
    If I could double lol that one I would .
  • colin1961 said:

Charlton want 3 mill for cousins ...

Cheap at twice the price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this a transfer thread or a Colin thread, leave him alone ffs

Stopping going on about Colin then.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118941

Source of the £3m story

"QPR are trying to find a deal for Jordan Cousins - but Charlton are determined to make sure that they get a fair price.
    The South London Press had been told earlier in the summer that the Addicks wanted around £3million for their Player of the Year.

Not bad for a league 1 player who can't pass the ball (that is irony is case you hadn't noticed).

Also seems odd that JBG is £2m (RedHenry) or £2.5m (SLP) but Cousins is seen as more expensive even given that he is English. Both had similar time in Championship but JBG more attacking and a full international while both have long contracts. JBG 25 and JC 22.

At the end of the day a player is worth what someone will pay (see Nabby Sarr 1.4m euros)
  • £3m for Cousins is decent in my opinion, not a luxury player and does a lot of unnoticed work so was never going to go for mega money.
  • edited July 2016
    I'd be happy with 3 mill for him.
  • £3m for Cousins is decent in my opinion, not a luxury player and does a lot of unnoticed work so was never going to go for mega money.

I agree but only if it's invested on new players .
  • If jbg and cousins plus one of lookman or watt are the only ones to leave, then I will be reasonably happy as long as we bring a couple more in

I agree but only if it's invested on new players .
    Well nothing against Buxton but I think we have the answer to that.

• If jbg and cousins plus one of lookman or watt are the only ones to leave, then I will be reasonably happy as long as we bring a couple more in

Probably Jorge Teixeira leaving us as well according to the SLP I thought.
  • Hope not
  • transfer fact .. Lee Martin .. loaned to Gills by Millwall .. does this mean Dack is going ?
  • Probably, although Martin is more of a winger so I wouldn't say he's the replacement.