Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36699435.

Mark Beevers leaves Millwall for Bolton. Good news I think he's decent at League 1 level.
  • That Bolton manager is a shrewd cookie.
  • Surprised Beevers didn't get a Championship gig.
  • He might be okay for you in L1 but his championship days are past him, glad to see the back of him because he was terrible.
  • Palace have bid 31.5m for Benteke...

So Palace may end up with 1 player costing more that our club is worth and at a fee that Rolly would probably accept. Depressing.
  • Redrobo said:

Palace have bid 31.5m for Benteke...

So Palace may end up with 1 player costing more that our club is worth and at a fee that Rolly would probably accept. Depressing.
    They may be paying 31.5m but is he actually worth that?

Batshuyai cost 33m, Morata has gone back to Madrid for €30m, and they've just had great seasons for their clubs, Benteke has been crap for Liverpool and wasn't amazing for Villa the year before that.
  • Richard J said:

Surprised Beevers didn't get a Championship gig.

I heard he was close to signing for QPR but it didn't work out.

A close shave for Beevers.
  • edited July 2016
    A REAL RUMOUR (or at least a repeat of an old one)

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118906

"Charlton are likely to want around £3million for the ex-AZ Alkmaar man"
  • Sponsored links:

• 3mill? Is that all?
  • edited July 2016

ross1 said:

seth plum said:

Unless Michael Turned is prepared to compromise on his wages (or Roland is prepared to pay anyway), then Roger Johnson is in situ and cheap.
    If we don't sign a central defender then it must mean Bauer or Tex will stay, with Lennon and other promising young players to pad out the squad in that department.
    OR
    We are seeing signs of Slade's aspirations being thwarted by the regime perhaps. Especially if Lennon and Johnson are the senior pair at the back, which would persuade plenty of other managers to see us as beatable.

I'm not distraught if Roger Johnson is fourth choice. Slade knows that at this moment he only has Lennon. I doubt Johnson is seen as first choice. Nobody knows if and when Bauer will be or remain fit or indeed even be at the club. Slade will know he needs at least one senior CB to come in.

I guess in an emergency Diarra or Fox could cover but not the way to set out for a promotion push.

You really do need four centre backs.

According to Ketts, he may play against Welling on Saturday
    About his level to be fair.
    Bit harsh. Bauer has a key role to play - the fact he could be playing against Welling is a massive positive IMO (that's who Ketts is referring to - did you mean Johnson?)
    Yes Johnson.
  • 3m for a player who's now technically in the thrid tier is pretty decent money, as long as its up front. I personally would hold out as I think he's worth more but understand that we'd want to cash out on him, especially if he has a desire to play at a higher level, or at the very least the level he was at last season.
  • Dizzle said:

3mill? Is that all?

How much do you think he is worth then?
  • After seeing what some players are being signed for in the Championship already this summer, I think another million on top of that isn't asking for too much. Especially as they would be getting someone proven with his assists and who has played quite well in the Euro's.

£4mil + an extra 500k if promoted (that's if he signs for a Championship side)
  • I doubt we will ever find out unless the price is 'disclosed'.
  • Dizzle said:

3mill? Is that all?

About right.
  • Someone at the club should be on the phone to Newcastle, they will overpay. Might even get 10 mil out of those suckers
  • I imagine Norwich see JBG as a replacement for Redmond. In the real world £3m is a decent fee. In the wacky world of football it's obviously not enough

• Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

I would imagine a sell on clause would be added to that 3 mill as well.

I find it hard to imagine Katie would have that kind of foresight.
  • I imagine Norwich see JBG as a replacement for Redmond. In the real world £3m is a decent fee. In the wacky world of football it's obviously not enough

£2 mill + Turner in exchange would do it for me.

£2 mill + Turner in exchange would do it for me.
    At the age of 32, I doubt Norwich would be looking for much (if any) money for an out of favour centre half.
  • £3m, Turner, Hoolahan and a 20% sell on (that goes to Charlton, not Roland) for and Icelandic national hero
  • edited July 2016
    Norwich have just had a bid accepted for young Liverpool winger Sergi Canos. 2.5m.
  • Why? We have relegation Roger to help us fall through the trapdoor and into firey oblivion... only to be resurrected from the cold ashes, Belgian free, once more OUR glorious club!!!

It is only July and i have gone CL transfer rumour ga gah!!!
  • Swisdom said:

£3m, Turner, Hoolahan and a 20% sell on (that goes to Charlton, not Roland) for and Icelandic national hero

£3m, Turner and Delia to do The Valley catering
  • Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford, we was rumoured to be after him.
  • Norwich have just had a bid accepted for young Liverpool winger Sergi Canos. 2.5m.

See what I mean, done alright in one season for Brentford, and yes he has potential but Gudmundsson has proven to do well, much better than Canos, in a side that's struggled for the two seasons he's been here.

We can surely demand a little more than £3mil, he still has 3 years left on his contract remember.