Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Heard that 4/5 players departing next week.
    Expecting Tex, Henderson, Cousins, Lookman and possibly Harriot.
  • Thanks CafcSteve. I asked for that. Perhaps we should go back to slagging off Colin.

PS, would love it if we didn't have to lose Lookman out of those. Loaning him out for a season might be ok.
  • CafcSteve said:

Heard that 4/5 players departing next week.

And presumably JBG once his heroics in France are over and done with. Maybe one or two others but I can't see there being many more going, if for no other reason than no-one else would want them!
  • CafcSteve said:

Heard that 4/5 players departing next week.

If they all go it puts the cash signing of Ajose into context
  • What about Pope?
  • Haven't heard anything about Lookman leaving, would think it's probably Johann not him.

• Problem with a lot of people on CL us they don't have a clue about Charlton football club its history and what we been through . They think this is the worst of the worst for the club well it's not , being 15 mins from not having a club , leaving the Valley to play at Selhurst are far worst then anything that's happened under RD.
    The problem with most on CL is they don't listen and print the same rubbish day in day out ... Then we have the Powell issue that's cringe worthy .

There are some good people I have had many emails saying good things. no idiots will stop me posting on any platform .
    I am afraid after watching the idiots in the lower north over the last few games that the club are just a vehicle for people to cause trouble as I have said many times lot of these idiots were not Charlton fans or knew what they were protesting about ... this is not how I want my club to continue .
    The owners have made an effort to change the signs are excellent and now it's time for the supporters to to meet them half way and let's see where it takes us .

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/19624/message-bexleyboy#ixzz4DHAKQhpN

The above was posted on ITTV from our very own Colin1961 today.

The first paragraph is a cracker!

First class post
  • No inside information on any of the players.
    Just think it will be a busy week.
  • CafcSteve said:

No inside information on any of the players.

You maybe right, but I think a lot depends on Gudders and how much we get for him as that will clarify how many more have to leave to balance Rolands books.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

CafcSteve said:

You maybe right, but I think a lot depends on Gudders and how much we get for him as that will clarify how many more have to leave to balance Rolands books.
    It's not just balancing the books in terms of transfer fees in and out. Indeed, I expect there to be more going out than coming in. There's also the restriction on how much players salaries can be as a percentage of turnover which will mean high earners being moved in, particularly JBG and Ve(n)tokele.
  • Redrobo said:

CafcSteve said:

It's not just balancing the books in terms of transfer fees in and out. Indeed, I expect there to be more going out than coming in. There's also the restriction on how much players salaries can be as a percentage of turnover which will mean high earners being moved in, particularly JBG and Ve(n)tokele.
    sorry to be picky, it is early Sunday .. IN or ON ?
  • Redrobo said:

CafcSteve said:

sorry to be picky, it is early Sunday .. IN or ON ?
    On, sorry for the spelling mistake.
  • Vetokele already off the wages and JBG will obviously go. There is a quite generous allowance allowed to relegated clubs so how many more must leave to meet that I have no idea. Tex maybe on good wages as he was on a free and no doubt Diara.

However, I think the fair play aspects are less important to Roland than balancing the books.

Just out of intrest, does anyone know if when you release a player and pay him off, does the amount you pay him count as wages for FP?
  • edited July 2016
    Don't recall Tax coming on a free. Wasn't it undisclosed? EDIT from the OS

"Charlton are delighted to confirm the signing of experienced centre-back Jorge Teixeira on a four-and-a-half-year deal.

The 29-year-old joins the Addicks for an undisclosed fee from Standard Liège, where he has been a regular in the first half of the 2015/16 season."

Not sure we have all of Igor or Sarr's wages off the books.

Doubt French and Belguim 2nd tier sides pay anything like as much as English 2nd tier sides, which we were when we bought them. So guess that we are still paying a % of their wages.
  • I seem to remember reading Tex coming for somewhere in region of €400K and people being surprised both by the fee and the duration of his contract? Maybe I was dreaming...
  • Players signed last year on long term contracts are not included in the wages calculation I think?

Sure I've read that several times.

This would include gudmonsson and Teixara. Moving these players on is all about balancing the books or their demands but not from an FFP perspective.
  • Players signed last year on long term contracts are not included in the wages calculation I think?

This would include gudmonsson and Teixara. Moving these players on is all about balancing the books or their demands but not from an FFP perspective.

That would also include Cousins and, erm ...... Roger Johnson, amongst others.
    It could give a different perspective. It would only have to be in accordance with a notional budget set by RD/KM, rather than a regulatory requirement by the Football League?

But of course, sometimes it's not even about money - not many of our highest earners would relish playing in the Third Division, when they have already proved themselves in the division above.

I think it was only players on 3 (or 4, can't remember) year deals who signed before September. So JBG and Cousins would count but the January signings wouldn't.
  • We have already moved out more players than have come in, so wages must already be reduced, even if we are still paying towards Igor, Sarr and Tucudean's payoff
  • Sponsored links:

• Unless I've missed it I'm surprised no one has mentioned the tweet hendo made yesterday and took down quickly.
  • Unless I've missed it I'm surprised no one has mentioned the tweet hendo made yesterday and took down quickly.

What did he say?
  • Redrobo said:

CafcSteve said:

Doesn't apply this season for players already in contract. The key thing about FFP is that owners can't load the clubs with debt but can put in equity.

What did he say?

Unless I've missed it I'm surprised no one has mentioned the tweet hendo made yesterday and took down quickly.

What did he say?
    Well I was out and thought someone would screenshot it, but it was on the lines of football can be shit sometimes....
  • ross1 said:

We have already moved out more players than have come in, so wages must already be reduced, even if we are still paying towards Igor, Sarr and Tucudean's payoff

Not necessarily... or at least, not by much. All three of our signings had other interested parties so unless Uncle Russell has some really convincing sales pitches then we have to assume there's a fairly hefty financial aspect to their choice. And even part of Igor and Nobby's wages is likely to still be quite a lot in League One terms given they were signed at Championship level.
  • edited July 2016
    My son reckons he's heard we're signing Bradley Dack from the Gills , any truth in the rumour?

Edit - having googled the fella and seen who he's been linked with , I think we have zero chance!
  • My son reckons he's heard we're signing Bradley Dack from the Gills , any truth in the rumour?

Edit - having googled the fella and seen who he's been linked with , I think we have zero chance!

No chance, he'll move to a top championship club
  • My son reckons he's heard we're signing Bradley Dack from the Gills , any truth in the rumour?

We let him go previously and he made a point of mentioning it in his speech at the football league awards.

Sure we could offer him better wages than Gillingham and better prospects to be honest. Local too.

I think I've found our scouting tool! So Will Grigg next.......

futwiz.com/en/league/sky-bet-league-one/rating/all/60/0

• edited July 2016

My son reckons he's heard we're signing Bradley Dack from the Gills , any truth in the rumour?

There's a poster in here who works with one of Dack's relations, can't for the life of me remember who, anyway they said he was treated like shit at Charlton when he was a youngster and would never come back. Besides, he's been linked with premiership clubs.

No mileage in this one unfortunately.