Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• So we're "pierced" Dmritovic, I never realised that we did piercings as well.

I blame Bing translate. Pierce is probably an incorrect translation that implies that they have the new David de Gea?

• CLARETS CLOSE TO FIRST SIGNING

Burnley are closing in on their first signing of the summer but the deal for winger Johann Berg Gudmundsson may not be completed before the Clarets head to France next week.

Gudmundsson has just returned from Euro 2016 with Iceland - who knocked England out of the competition - and currently plays for League One side Charlton Athletic.
  • Despite only signing a contract extension to 2018 in May, Watford's Ben WATSON is refusing to play for the club again whilst he tries to force through a move to League One movers and shakers Charlton.

South London born WATSON always looked at Charlton with envy when he was at Palace, wishing they would come in and save him from the humiliation of playing for 'The Nigels'. It now seems that the opportunity to play with Ba, Ceballos and Bergdich in a 4 player midfield Dynamo is just too much of an opportunity to turn down.

Mr Duchatelet who is about to save £40K per week on Gudmonsson's salary and bring in £8M of transfer fees has offered Ademola Lookman and £1M in part exchange. It is felt by the 'YouTube' scouting team that Lookman is just too small for League One football.

The deal should be wrapped up within a week although the club are waiting for 'RedHenry' to get back from holiday to break the story.

When asked about the deal WATSON said he was excited by the opportunity asend wanted to thank Meire for changing his life.

apparently we were trying to sign Watson last year instead of ba, bergditch and kashi - oh no, sorry - we had a different strategy then, that can't be true.
  • Wagstaff joins Gillingham
  • seth plum said:

Notros transferas systemos est bollocksio.

todo en buen tiempo
    donde es el senor Colin?
  • Buxton 32 and now Crofts 32. Both with lots of experience but both free agents who wouldn't cut it should we get promoted. More short termism from the club ?

The club is likely to bring in fees close to £8 million and get some big wages off the books.

Surely we ought to be looking to sign players aged 26 - 27 looking to go places.

I think we've seen our three "marquee" signings and looks likely that replacements for those that leave will be ageing free agents and journeymen.

Sounds very familiar to me.

thing is that players who can do a job in League 1 might not be good enough/suitable IF/when/praying hopefully we get back to the Championship and vice versa.. this mistake has been made before, signing unsuitable players on long term deals .. Slade is an experienced campaigner and he knows who and how he wants to play ..
    as to 'investing' money in transfer fees .. again .. I don't expect any owner let alone a careful man such as Duchatelet to spend money like a pissed matelot on shore leave ... we've been broke before, we don't want it again ..

Buxton 32 and now Crofts 32. Both with lots of experience but both free agents who wouldn't cut it should we get promoted. More short termism from the club ?

The club is likely to bring in fees close to £8 million and get some big wages off the books.

Surely we ought to be looking to sign players aged 26 - 27 looking to go places.

I think we've seen our three "marquee" signings and looks likely that replacements for those that leave will be ageing free agents and journeymen.

thing is that players who can do a job in League 1 might not be good enough/suitable IF/when/praying hopefully we get back to the Championship and vice versa.. this mistake has been made before, signing unsuitable players on long term deals .. Slade is an experienced campaigner and he knows who and how he wants to play ..
    as to 'investing' money in transfer fees .. again .. I don't expect any owner let alone a careful man such as Duchatelet to spend money like a pissed matelot on shore leave ... we've been broke before, we don't want it again ..

Buxton 32 and now Crofts 32. Both with lots of experience but both free agents who wouldn't cut it should we get promoted. More short termism from the club ?

Simply - you sign over 30 year olds on a one year contract with an option to renew and a bonus if promoted.
  • lolwray said:

seth plum said:

Notros transferas systemos est bollocksio.

todo en buen tiempo
    donde es el senor Colin?
    perdido en accion.
  • edited July 2016
    colin1961 said:

Players are going for following reasons wages, and the fact they don't want to stay , Cousins Jorge T and Gudmunnson all want to try their luck at other clubs . Lookman as said many times he does not want to leave but am afraid his agent not listening and still trying to arrange a move for him , the saving grace is he is on a contract with no release clause and charlton valuation of him going to take a team to take a big gamble on him . Diarra as had an offer from a French club but as yet to decide his future. We spent 1.2 mill already and expect more to be spent either in fees or on decent wages to attract players out of contract .

Lookman and Watt won't feature at Welling , Lookman been on duty for England so would say he has extended leave and Watt only started proper training today so Saturday to early for him .

I've been away for a few weeks. Pleased to see Colin is still here, providing comedy in an uncertain world and giving us a target for our frustration. It's going to be a long enough season anyway, and one without PL54 ...
  • Crusty54 said:

Simply - you sign over 30 year olds on a one year contract with an option to renew and a bonus if promoted.
    lol ... so good you quote it thrice ((:>) .. I would compromise with 18 month contracts, then if they do a job they can be re-signed irrespective of what division we're in .. look at Jackson J .. 65 and STILL going strong ((:>)
  • colin1961 said:

Charlton turn down Jamie OHara after he was released by Fulham .

Source?
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:

colin1961 said:

Source?
    In SLP.
  • El Colin esta muy loco
  • Richard J said:

colin1961 said:

Source?
    Ketchup
  • colin1961 said:

Gracias Colin
  • Jordan Ibe £15m - Zowie!
  • edited July 2016
    colin1961 said:

This is interesting don't believe all you read in the papers .
    Charlton turn down Jamie Ohara mmm
    Very good .
    Richard J said:

colin1961 said:

Source?
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/838832626?-11197:833:0
  • boogica said:

colin1961 said:

Go on
  • boogica said:

colin1961 said:

Go on
    Will know more tommorrow but don't believe all Wots said in papers , Slade is an admirer I will leave it at that .
  • boogica said:

boogica said:

colin1961 said:

Go on
    Will know more tommorrow but don't believe all Wots said in papers , Slade is an admirer I will leave it at that .
    Good enough for me, cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Only 29, thought he was older, local lad as well.
  • Jamie likes playing at the valley , ie the Fulham game when he ran the show and got mom the Blackpool game when we nicked a late goal , he likes the stadium etc says it's a great place to play ?
  • boogica said:

Jamie likes playing at the valley , ie the Fulham game when he ran the show and got mom the Blackpool game when we nicked a late goal , he likes the stadium etc says it's a great place to play ?

Might not like it so much in a Charlton shirt :-)
    Henry if I get something concrete I will let you know , but don't always believe the papers you know that .
  • boogica said:

boogica said:

Jamie likes playing at the valley , ie the Fulham game when he ran the show and got mom the Blackpool game when we nicked a late goal , he likes the stadium etc says it's a great place to play ?

Might not like it so much in a Charlton shirt :-)
    Henry if I get something concrete I will let you know , but don't always believe the papers you know that .
    Cheers mate
  • yes i agree
  • papers full of shit no one knows till the deals are done
  • dallas said:

papers full of shit no one knows till the deals are done

When it's on the OS