Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• SLP now saying Burnley are back in for Pope
  • I heard a rumour that Colin1961 could be the one and only Jonathan Acworth.
  • Be interesting then to see who is in goal for the new season if we lose Pope then.

You'd expect Stephen Henderson to go seeing that he was still in Marbella when the players reported back for pre-season training, Dimitar Mitov is still very young whilst is Dillon Phillips still injured after his Cheltenham spell?
  • Charlton have a concern over Harry Lennon, who is struggling with a groin injury
    And so it begins...
  • Charlton have a concern over Harry Lennon, who is struggling with a groin injury
    And so it begins...

You forgot to add the most worrying line... with the aim being to avoid surgery.

Am sure its because avoiding surgery will aid Lennon's career but cant help but wonder if its the classic dithering!!
  • The SLP report 2 million pounds for Cousins which is a sick joke.
  • He's had his off field problems. Kenny Jackett made him train with u21s at Wolves. But he's turned a corner now I reckon and realises this is his last chance.
  • sam3110 said:

Swisdom said:

Jordan Ibe - Charlton reject

Woopsie

Is this true? When?
    He left us when he was 11/12
    We released him I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didnt we release Ibe because he didnt have the right attitude?

Sounds like that gave him the kick up the backside @ Wycombe to sort himself out
    And so it begins...

As well as a knee niggle for Solly!

We must have proper cover for him for L1

Sounds like that gave him the kick up the backside @ Wycombe to sort himself out

No idea but wouldn't be the first mistake we've made releasing players too soon.

No idea but wouldn't be the first mistake we've made releasing players too soon.
    It'll always happen at any Academy.

Just like there can be questions as to how we missed the Wright-Phillips when they were from Greenwich or Chris Smalling who grew up around the Maidstone area

I thought it was down to his size

I've done a search yet doesnt really say anywhere... Although the usual reasons of size does get a mention
  • So basically the phony war is over, they have given up boosting season ticket sales prior to the fire sale. Now we will sell everything we can, below price and dump our morals that made this club different by taking money off a betting company.

I've done a search yet doesnt really say anywhere... Although the usual reasons of size does get a mention
    I thought size doesn't matter ?

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    So all quiet on the Turner, Kilgallon and Wheater fronts.

Buxton instead?
  • If we sell Cousins, it will tell me that we are neglecting the season after next.
  • Macronate said:

Buxton instead?

I've a feeling in my water it will be Buxton.

• Macronate said:

Buxton instead?

I've a feeling in my water it will be Buxton.

Hopefully he'll have a spring in his step.
  • SLP now saying Burnley are back in for Pope

I think they may have spotted we are an easy touch.
  • boogica said:

Leuth said:

great so we can have both o'hara and johnson, who weren't a complete dressing room apocalypse together at wolves

A lot of wot happened at Wolves was down to Kenny jacket , ok Jamie didn't help himself with certain things towards wolves fans , but some of the things jacket did would piss most players off .
    I've never heard this before, what did he do
    Wot most people get is paper talk , wot happens behind the scenes most of us don't get to hear about Jacket done his bit and some of the players did theirs disharmony does happen both ways , not gonna go into it but certain things happened .
  • colin1961 said:

dont think Pope staying or going is a big issue to be honest , Dillion Phillips is a better all round keeper plus I can see the experienced Lewis coming in from Cardiff ....because even if Pope stays our goalkeepers will be very young

We need a new right back Solly injured again with his knee , he cannot be relied on anymore , had very good reports from WHU fans about the young lad we are suppose to be after

How many times have you seen Dillon Phillips play?

• cfgs said:

So basically the phony war is over, they have given up boosting season ticket sales prior to the fire sale. Now we will sell everything we can, below price and dump our morals that made this club different by taking money off a betting company.

spot on mate