Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I don't know if he is any good, but he seems like a character to me.
  • Dazzler21 said:

RUMOUR
    Texeira to stay on.

Source? Steady Eddie OFW in goal and Tex and Bauer at the back and the swingometer is coming back again.
  • Fon Williams wouldn't be a bad signing at all
  • FORD said:

Gillis said:

Wow... Southend United have signed Simon Cox (Out of Contract) from Reading.

Thats a really good signing for them, someone who hasn't scored lots of goals yet last time he was in League One he scored 46 goals over around 80-games

Would have loved him at the Valley!!

Southend have a proper CEO.
    Southend have more ambition! Seriously starting to think that lessons haven't been learnt with this lot, balancing the book is the only ambition they have.
    They have learnt lessons & have proved it by bringing in an English manager & signing 3 players with experience of the league that we're in ................... they've just under estimated this division & come next May they'll apologise for mistakes made & declare, We start from here !!!!!
    Cool, so if we want to go for promotion, just another 6/7 to buy in the next 3 weeks. And maybe an assistant manager would be useful.
  • edited July 2016
    Eh I don't rate Fon Williams. If we're gonna sign anyone from Inverness, I'd rather it be Ross Draper.
  • shirty5 said:

CH4RLTON said:

Just had it on good authority we are in talks with goalkeeper from the Scottish leagues with vast experience in league 1. Seems to think it could be a guy called Owen van Williams, never heard of him myself

Owian Fon Williams
    Decent keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

RUMOUR
    Texeira to stay on.

Is this for real or you hoping? Think he would be class in league one.
  • Dazzler21 said:

RUMOUR
    Texeira to stay on.

Is this for real or you hoping? Think he would be class in league one.
    KM has probably paid him the Pope fee to stay.
  • seth plum said:

I don't know if he is any good, but he seems like a character to me.

Unless he's got an attitude problem, workshy, overweight or injury prone it's a no for me.
  • I am a fan of Kenneth Williams and Just William neither of whom play in goal or claim Belgian ancestry but would add some much needed class to this sad fiasco.
  • edited July 2016
    Sadly no one of true note, an old school friend who says he is still close to Steve Avory... both mine and my me mates old P.E teacher.

We both got on really well with him. My mate was properly teachers pet though.

He also said Harriott will be in the squad next season as Slade apparently likes him.

It could be B.S, I don't know why S.A would be involved in first team rumours but finger crossed on him being right on one of those two.

He has no reason to lie as he is a Man Utd fan and we literally mean nothing to Manure and it'd be a crap couple of rumours for this guy to make up seeing as he 'has a soft spot' for us.

I'll see if he can tell me more.
  • Owain Fon Williams. Used to play for Tranmere. Was probably one of the better keepers when we were in league 1 last time.

Agreed IIRC. I think he had some great games against us.
  • If pope becomes a regular premier goalkeeper i will be amazed, not good enough on the deck and 1 million is good money for Roland.

but a lot of people would have been surprised if he made a decent championship manager a few months ago but he did.

Players do develop and improve, especially with good coaching and management which he is more likely to get at Burnley.
    When was Pope our manager ? I must have missed that one.
  • Cant help but feel our squad is going to be much weaker come the end of this August than what it was at the end of August the season we won league 1. With teams in the league always getting stronger, i cant help but feel we are underestimating the league and gonna get found out. We need 4/5 more really good signings plus keeping the Kashi's,Tex's and lookmans for us to be able to challenge, and i really dont think under this regime that will happen.Got visions of there statement in March 2017 when we are 16th in the league being the same as what it was earlier this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

cafc4life said:

Cant help but feel our squad is going to be much weaker come the end of this August than what it was at the end of August the season we won league 1. With teams in the league always getting stronger, i cant help but feel we are underestimating the league and gonna get found out. We need 4/5 more really good signings plus keeping the Kashi's,Tex's and lookmans for us to be able to challenge, and i really dont think under this regime that will happen.Got visions of there statement in March 2017 when we are 16th in the league being the same as what it was earlier this year.

They know they made mistakes over the last 2 1/2 years, but this season they promise to make different ones
    And you believe the liar that said that?
  • I've just seen katrien at London Bridge station. My first thought was 'I would" then I realised who she was and I've now got sick in my mouth. Her train arrived and I had 10 seconds to think of a witty comment to make but my decision making was similar to Kevin lisbies when one on one with a keeper!!

simple use of the C word would have sufficed.
    F*** it, I had to lol that one!
  • edited July 2016
    2 more bits of info have come in by ever reliable text message.

Slade is not particularly happy with some of the outbound transfers but understands in order to buy we must sell.

According to the manure supporting source Avory said we need the following to rival the last promotion chasing side:

1 GK
    2 CB's
    1 LB
    1 RB
    1 CM
    1 LM
    1 RM

So 8 more players to have a chance at promotion.

-------------------------------------------

END OF RUMOUR
    -------------------------------------------

In My opinion we'll set up as follows:

------------Hendo
    Solly---- Tex ---- Bauer---- Fox
    ------------Diarra
    Harriott-------------Ceballos
    -----------Holmes
    ------Ajose------Novak

or
    New all positions
    ------------GK
    RB------CB------CB------LB
    RM---------CM---------LM
    ----------Holmes
    ------Ajose----Novak

• Dazzler21 said:

2 more bits of info have come in by ever reliable text message.

Slade is not particularly happy with some of the outbound transfers but understands in order to buy we must sell.

Get used to it Russell.

P.S.
    I wonder if he is sure that in order to buy we must sell, when the fee shores up the debt, and we sell for silly money.
    Russell himself said players wouldn't go for silly money, so what say of any kind does he have?
  • edited July 2016
  • Swisdom said:

wmcf123 said:

I wasn't an enormous Hamer fan but he was a lot better than Pope and we did well with him before . Would take him on loan

He just won the league with Leicester......

Not convinced he'd want to drop to our level and get more abuse from a bunch of fans furious at how the club is being run

Thousands of fans is hardly a bunch.
  • Like any new manager Slade he's been promised money and priority of getting the club promoted but as we all know let down by KM & RD. Being an experienced manager he knows decent replacements are needed but not much has happened. I see him resigning before the season starts!
  • Watt must have come home from Austria has tweeted tonight he is having a movie night with his mrs