Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I thought it was admitted that he was back in action slightly too early and needed more recovery time? That said, even if it was just as part of the ~bonding exercise~ you'd have expected him to stay out there, whether he'd play a part in the second friendly or not.
  • Maybe he punched someone again
  • People saying Bauer and Tex would make a great partnership in league one. I am not so sure.

Are they both very good players? Yes. Both comfortable championship players.

I just doubt if either of them have that cynical, nasty side that is sometimes required in league one. British defenders do this so well and learn to not get pulled up for it. Sometimes in league one you have to play ugly and nasty to win. This is something Morrison, Taylor and Cort did very well for us whenever required. I'm not sure either could do this without picking up a lot of yellows.

I'd love one of them alongside an British CH and Tex's goals are an added bonus. But together I don't think suits this league. Would work in the championship though.
  • People saying Bauer and Tex would make a great partnership in league one. I am not so sure.

I just doubt if either of them have that cynical, nasty side that is sometimes required in league one. British defenders do this so well and learn to not get pulled up for it. Sometimes in league one you have to play ugly and nasty to win. This is something Morrison, Taylor and Cort did very well for us whenever required. I'm not sure either could do this without picking up a lot of yellows.

I'd love one of them alongside an British CH and Tex's goals are an added bonus. But together I don't think suits this league. Would work in the championship though.

I should lose any sleep over it. Tex will be off and Bauer will remain injured.

I think they're dirtier than they seem, and both seem to enjoy defending too
  • Is Jay Simpson really good enough for a side chasing promotion?
  • Bid of £200,000 made for Simpson according to an Orient fan.
  • Sollied said:

I've just seen katrien at London Bridge station. My first thought was 'I would" then I realised who she was and I've now got sick in my mouth. Her train arrived and I had 10 seconds to think of a witty comment to make but my decision making was similar to Kevin lisbies when one on one with a keeper!!

Early for her isn't it?!?!
    Apologies for the non use of the c word and not pushing her in front of the train, I bottled it.

It is early for her but she has to sign the paperwork to get Roland £3.5m of transfer funds this morning. Bless her, she couldn't sleep last night due to the excitement
    You should have beaten her to death with your flask.
    My flask was in my bag. My hands were full with my note pad and pencil, I ticked off a ten carriage train today. Hoping for a 6 carriage tomorrow
  • can honestly say i wouldn't be disappointed to see the back of any of most of our squad - a bit like the last couple of times we were relegated - jackson sand solly i think have the feeling and spirit so maybe that would be dissapointing - the rest? not bothered but would positively like to see the back of roger relegator
  • Sponsored links:

• think I'd return from Austria too

By the look of things, he won't have left his house by the time the transfer window has ended :-)
  • DOUCHER said:

can honestly say i wouldn't be disappointed to see the back of any of most of our squad - a bit like the last couple of times we were relegated - jackson sand solly i think have the feeling and spirit so maybe that would be dissapointing - the rest? not bothered but would positively like to see the back of roger relegator

We missed a trick in releasing polish Pete. Have you see his u tube video? After smashing in 53 goals in league 1, he would have been renamed promotion Pete
  • Why is Jay Simpson at Orient in the first place?
  • edited July 2016
    is this a would ya thread?

If so no to watt, maybe to his lady friend.
  • edited July 2016
    Bauer and Texiera are comfortably championship players at the very least. Could to a lot better than a team like Brighton.

*used that as an example, they're not actually going to them. (Well, probably not)
  • Swisdom said:

wmcf123 said:

I wasn't an enormous Hamer fan but he was a lot better than Pope and we did well with him before . Would take him on loan

He just won the league with Leicester......

Not convinced he'd want to drop to our level and get more abuse from a bunch of fans furious at how the club is being run

Thousands of fans is hardly a bunch.
    Anything to knock the protests ............. is it still 2% ?
    Read my comment again, I'm criticising.

I'm a protester and not renewing.
    Sorry not aimed at you Elfs, I know what side of the fence you're on, it was aimed at the comment that you were commenting on.
    Friends again.
  • DOUCHER said:

can honestly say i wouldn't be disappointed to see the back of any of most of our squad - a bit like the last couple of times we were relegated - jackson sand solly i think have the feeling and spirit so maybe that would be dissapointing - the rest? not bothered but would positively like to see the back of roger relegator

Exactly how i feel tbh, i would add Fox though to Jackson and Solly also Cousins but he was never going to stay in league one. The rest of them as you say not really bothered.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

Exactly how i feel tbh, i would add Fox though to Jackson and Solly also Cousins but he was never going to stay in league one. The rest of them as you say not really bothered.
    Jacko in an Andy Hughes style role of playing minimally and leading off the pitch, ideally. At the moment, he looks like a starting midfielder, which is lightly troubling
  • Is Jay Simpson really good enough for a side chasing promotion?

Scored 25 goals in League Two last year but most in the first half of the season.

Only League Two but you could say the same thing about Holmes.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=45104&season_id=145

Doubt RD will pay out for too many expensive attacking players. Sounds like an RD signing, probably not too expensive, only one good season, down to Slade to get the best out of him.
  • Why is Jay Simpson at Orient in the first place?

Dunno... Some bloke called Russell Slade (I've never heard of him either) signed him for Leyton Orient when they were a League One side.
  • I'd be happy with Simpson. Looks like the three uptop will have goals in them. I'm sure people will talk about creativity but what was Simpsons service like last season, or Ajoses at Swindon. Holmes should have a trick and a bit of magic about him and yes it would be nice to bring in someone central who can make it happen, but this is League One. Expect a lot of full backs clipping channels, winning possession high up and getting balls in the box. It ain't gonna be pretty, but it'll be effective.

Looking at one stats site... Both Dean Cox and Ollie Palmer got seven assists each in League Two for Orient last season.
  • I'd be happy with Simpson. Looks like the three uptop will have goals in them. I'm sure people will talk about creativity but what was Simpsons service like last season, or Ajoses at Swindon. Holmes should have a trick and a bit of magic about him and yes it would be nice to bring in someone central who can make it happen, but this is League One. Expect a lot of full backs clipping channels, winning possession high up and getting balls in the box. It ain't gonna be pretty, but it'll be effective.

Looking at one stats site... Both Dean Cox and Ollie Palmer got seven assists each in League Two for Orient last season.
    Not a huge amount for 46 games. I'd be slightly disappointed if Holmes never got that by himself. Then factor in Harriott, Jacskon on set pieces.
  • edited July 2016
    In order for Harriott to get assists it would require him to beat the first man consistently which he has to prove this season.

Jackson on set pieces - can be a threat but I can't remember the last time he was consistently threatening. He was 30 when we were last at this level - he is about to turn 34 now. I won't say 'legs have gone' but we can't rely on him overly.

Not a huge amount for 46 games. I'd be slightly disappointed if Holmes never got that by himself. Then factor in Harriott, Jacskon on set pieces.
    Ideally what we need is a couple of players being able to chip in.

Last season everyone faced knew that our creativity would come from Johann so doubled up on him... That'll soon happen with Holmes

Cox was out injured all season from October

Cox was out injured all season from October
    If we could only have one I'd much prefer Cox (Shut it you dirty bar stewards) over Simpson