Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Heard today that KM is currently looking for Roland's black cat in a dark room. She's forgotten that he sold it last week to a Burnley supporter.

She might be some time, but has promised to get straight on to the transfer negotiations as soon as she's found it.
  • Watt must have come home from Austria has tweeted tonight he is having a movie night with his mrs

wives & g/f not go with them ?
  • Charlton keeper Nick Pope completes Burnley move

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/840451430?-11197:833:0
  • Watt must have come home from Austria has tweeted tonight he is having a movie night with his mrs

If he changes wife's and girlfriends as often as he changes clubs she's already history
  • ross1 said:

Charlton keeper Nick Pope completes Burnley move

Can't be true, apparently he flew back from Portugal to sign the contract
  • ross1 said:

Good luck to the lad for escaping the misery that is Charlton Athletic.

If he changes wife's and girlfriends as often as he changes clubs she's already history
    praps he's with Bergdich then.........
  • ross1 said:

Good luck to the lad for escaping the misery that is Charlton Athletic.
    Sad as fuck but I have to agree
  • CH4RLTON said:

Just had it on good authority we are in talks with goalkeeper from the Scottish leagues with vast experience in league 1. Seems to think it could be a guy called Owen van Williams, never heard of him myself

You sure it's not Rip van Wiinkle :wink:
  • edited July 2016
    cafcfan said:

I'm confused.

Did some of you actually think Pope, JGB and Cousins (possibly still others) would want to play in the third tier of English football if they had prem teams/championship challengers bidding for them?

Please get real ffs.

Look, everbody knows this. But that's not the point. Roland's a rich man.
    He has no need for cash flow purposes to flog people off quickly or on the cheap.
    So, in Pope's case, you simply say to the keeper (but more so to any intetested clubs) yes, you can go if we get a sensible bid - but not until an adequate replacement has been found - because Henderson is off too. It's not rocket science just common sense.

And, in terms of negotiation, of course Cousins wanted out. But how can a club that paid, what, Euro 1.9 for Sarr let probably our most effective midfield player go for peanuts? By way of comparison it is reported that Reece Oxford, a 17-year-old, who has played just a few games for Wet Spam, is subject of a £15mn bid. This is a player remember that we decided we didn't want on loan last season!

So, please get real ffs.

What you know Henderson is off do you.. because SLP report a interest in him?

Wow.. How can you compare us and West Ham? Haha.

They are in a much stronger bargaining positions then us. Do you really think Oxford would be subject of a 15m bid if he was in a league 1 team?

No.

Deluded.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's a very long way short of Premier League readiness/quality right now. I reckon he could be that good in time, but that time is not now, and a million pounds seems about as much as we were going to get for him in our current position. Which is not to say I wanted him sold at all mind you!
  • Gutted about Pope.

He's got so much potential - losing him now for £1 million really sucks.

He could be play in the Premier League next season.

Good job he's joined a Premiership club :smiley:
  • Swisdom said:

wmcf123 said:

I wasn't an enormous Hamer fan but he was a lot better than Pope and we did well with him before . Would take him on loan

He just won the league with Leicester......

Not convinced he'd want to drop to our level and get more abuse from a bunch of fans furious at how the club is being run

Thousands of fans is hardly a bunch.
    Anything to knock the protests ............. is it still 2% ?
  • Swisdom said:

wmcf123 said:

I wasn't an enormous Hamer fan but he was a lot better than Pope and we did well with him before . Would take him on loan

Not convinced he'd want to drop to our level and get more abuse from a bunch of fans furious at how the club is being run

Read my comment again, I'm criticising.

I'm a protester and not renewing.
  • Dean Brill of Motherwell has FL experience

Wes Foderingham at Rangers does too

• edited July 2016
    Swisdom said:

Dean Brill of Motherwell has FL experience

Interesting you should say that, was literally just going to post that the keeper in the video of Simon Clark the club posted today looked a bit dark (don't take that the wrong way) could well be a very tanned Mitov but did look like Foderingham.
  • edited July 2016
    Would be a very strange move for Foderingham though so doubt it's him.
  • Swisdom said:

Dean Brill of Motherwell has FL experience

Interesting you should say that, was literally just going to post that the keeper in the video of Simon Clark the club posted today looked a bit dark (don't take that the wrong way) could well be a very tanned Mitov but did look like Foderingham.
    It's Texeira - he lay on that sun lounger too long
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

Would be a very strange move for Foderingham though so doubt it's him.

Rangers have just signed Matt Gilks from Blackpool.
  • Swisdom said:

wmcf123 said:

Read my comment again, I'm criticising.

I'm a protester and not renewing.
    Sorry not aimed at you Elfs, I know what side of the fence you're on, it was aimed at the comment that you were commenting on.
  • Tony Watt has returned from Austria it would seem.

Assume he is next out the door.

• think I'd return from Austria too

It might have been the worry that you would....
  • Watt leaving probably explains Simpson signing.
  • Not that worried about Watt going. Undoubtedly talented but not sure he'd be up for the fight and, quite honestly, to me he's one of the Standard Liege cast offs. Good luck Tony. Welcome Jay...maybe.
  • Is Watt injured? I mean, if he hasn't been sold yet, he should be out there!
  • Is Watt injured? I mean, if he hasn't been sold yet, he should be out there!

He travelled out there - he was posting pictures from the airport when they landed. He has clearly returned home early.