Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• There is now no money for signings? Did I read that? So the desperate giveaway sales pay for the losses and we are left with loans.
    So instead of seeing Premiership stars of the future we now see other clubs stars of the future.
    Great.
    Slade is staggering around within this madness trying to make the best of it, he has chosen this of his own free will and must deliver at least 13 points before the transfer window slams shut, and 50 points around third round of the cup time.
    Loans because we have no money, I blame Sue Parkes.
  • iaitch said:

What's weird about supporting your team through good and bad times?

Weird meaning unique?
  • I read we couldn't buy anyone else until sales were made, but we have now sold JBG, Cousins and Pope and possibly Henderson to follow, with Watt presumably totally off the wage bill, so whilst they won't reinvest all of that, they must allow Russell to spend some.
  • Mate of mine sent me this yesterday from Nowhere Men. Interesting insight on Slade.
  • Mate of mine sent me this yesterday from Nowhere Men. Interesting insight on Slade.

Still only 30, Dickinson is at Guiseley now :(
  • Splodge said:

Mate of mine sent me this yesterday from Nowhere Men. Interesting insight on Slade.

My local team! Maybe I'll pop by and get scouting for Mr Slade.
  • Sponsored links:

• Splodge said:

Mate of mine sent me this yesterday from Nowhere Men. Interesting insight on Slade.

What about taking in Yeadon Celtic as well mate :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Splodge said:

What about taking in Yeadon Celtic as well mate :wink:
    All the glamour games up here!
  • iaitch said:

Can you remind some of us on here when the club last had its good time?
  • braydex said:

iaitch said:

I guess you'd have to say 2005-6, given we shouldn't have been in League One in the first place to win it in 2011-12.
  • You just wonder how long Russell Slade will stay when he realises what a big mistake he has made.

He hasn't made a mistake. He knew exactly what the score was when he agreed to become manager. He has his own agenda, the trouble is, I don't think that involves giving his all to his latest club.
  • iaitch said:

I'm all for that, just not when it is continuously self inflicted and avoidable.

• braydex said:

iaitch said:

Were you hiding under a rock in 2011/12?
  • So,free transfers and kids....this could end well.....just when you think they MIGHT,just MIGHT have learned their lesson,they sell off or release anything thats not nailed down thinking that the english manager,3 transfers in,makes up for the last 2 years guff and get in 30+ year old triallists and/or kids from other teams. Go Charlton :(
  • braydex said:

iaitch said:

I guess you'd have to say 2005-6, given we shouldn't have been in League One in the first place to win it in 2011-12.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2016
    braydex said:

You just wonder how long Russell Slade will stay when he realises what a big mistake he has made.

He hasn't made a mistake. He knew exactly what the score was when he agreed to become manager. He has his own agenda, the trouble is, I don't think that involves giving his all to his latest club.
    In football it is easy to be to out of the game and out of job and the longer that a person is the, the more difficult it is to get back in. Alan Curbishely being the prime example. So even if it is job that is clearly got huge problems and limitations, then it is tempting to take it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Splodge said:

braydex said:

iaitch said:

But we were in League One though... You always deserve to be where you end up as the table doesnt lie.

Just like people cant take away the fact that our greatest season was that one in 2011/12
  • Top 6 was the aim that Slade has discussed publicly. I personally think League One has a lot of ok teams but nothing to be frightened of. All much of a muchness.

But sadly we are probably going to fit that description too, unless we take on Crofts and Foley and also go and sign 2-4 more players, be that on season long loans or permanent signings.

We probably need to plan for life without Kashi, Bauer and to a lesser extent Jackson (finances dictating) and then any game time we do get from those players is a bonus.
  • We need at least 6 half decent players more to be competitive...

Katrien do you see that 6 half decent (lower Championship or Premier League quality is fine) to be 'COMPETITIVE'.

COMPETITIVE...

Your favourite word in describing our goal for a season.
  • Valley11 said:

Reece Burke linked in SLP.
    West Ham centre back who won player of the year at Bradford last season.
    And guess what......it would be a loan.

So we could have a centre back pairing of (Franz) Burke and Bauer.
  • Valley11 said:

Reece Burke linked in SLP.
    West Ham centre back who won player of the year at Bradford last season.
    And guess what......it would be a loan.

So we could have a centre back pairing of (Franz) Burke and Bauer.
    Unfortunately it also quotes Bilic as saying he'd want him to play in the Championship as he's already had a season in League One
  • Burke played in their pre season friendly last night .
  • Christ, season hasn't even started yet and people already talking about when Slade will leave!
    Not 2 weeks ago everyone nodded and agreed it was a decent appointment.
    I'm concerned about our current squad, I plan on keeping my barnet though so not going to worry too much until at least Bury away.
  • DeeBee said:

Christ, season hasn't even started yet and people already talking about when Slade will leave!
    Not 2 weeks ago everyone nodded and agreed it was a decent appointment.
    I'm concerned about our current squad, I plan on keeping my barnet though so not going to worry too much until at least Bury away.

I agree. Not a huge amount has changed, as it was obvious some players (especially Cousins and JBG) would go. But now that they have, I want to see a couple more come in.
  • seth plum said:

Slade must deliver at least 13 points before the transfer window slams shut, and 50 points around third round of the cup time.

I wondered how long it would take for you to start the same old bollocks.
  • seth plum said:

There is now no money for signings? Did I read that? So the desperate giveaway sales pay for the losses and we are left with loans.
    So instead of seeing Premiership stars of the future we now see other clubs stars of the future.
    Great.
    Slade is staggering around within this madness trying to make the best of it, he has chosen this of his own free will and must deliver at least 13 points before the transfer window slams shut, and 50 points around third round of the cup time.
    Loans because we have no money, I blame Sue Parkes.

So who will we draw with in August?

Bury / Northampton / Shrewsbury / Walsall / Bolton

As Northampton wont want to lose their first game, Bolton will be trying to do the same as us whilst Walsall will be trying to forget just missing out on automatic promotion and the Play-Offs... Bury on the other hand have signed some decent Free Transfers.