Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Good job the squad is coming back. We've lost 5 players since they've been out there!

Not exactly first day of the Somme casualties but bloody Hell...
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Don't like the idea of a keeper on loan.
    Plus surely we've got a few quid now to sign one permanently.
    What the hell is the strategy this summer? It looked like there was a plan when Slade and then Novak, Holmes and Ajose arrived.
    That's since gone out the window.
    And no information on Ajose's injury. Is he a long term absentee or is it just a knock as barely reported?

I agree, although Scott Carson won player of the year while on loan.
    And we got relegated.
    He was our only good player (other than maybe Song) in a dreadful season . We've said that about a few since then
  • edited July 2016

Good job the squad is coming back. We've lost 5 players since they've been out there!

Not exactly first day of the Somme casualties but bloody Hell...
    Not in body count, but in percentage terms it's possibly worse.
  • Dean Brill only signed for Motherwell at the end of June

Reckon if we sign anyone it'll be between Simon Moore or Owein Fon Williams

Dean Brill would be...errr Brilliant.

But, yes you're right, either Williams or Moore
    F*** Ricky that was soooo poor.
  • Valley11 said:

Don't like the idea of a keeper on loan.
    Plus surely we've got a few quid now to sign one permanently.
    What the hell is the strategy this summer? It looked like there was a plan when Slade and then Novak, Holmes and Ajose arrived.
    That's since gone out the window.
    And no information on Ajose's injury. Is he a long term absentee or is it just a knock as barely reported?

I agree, although Scott Carson won player of the year while on loan.
    Not surprising with the amount of work he had to do that season.
  • Where's this top six budget Katrien Meire?

Perhaps she was talking about a top six budget for her match day experience ideas, sofas, pie cam, house music etc.
  • Scoham said:

Where's this top six budget Katrien Meire?

Perhaps she was talking about a top six budget for her match day experience ideas, sofas, pie cam, house music etc.
    Netting.

At the moment, it looks like it's underspent ...
  • Sponsored links:

Topping up the wages of players no longer at the club.
  • Tex will be next out on loan. Can't believe there won't be any interest in a loan arrangement even if we can't find a buyer.
  • Can only hope it's a case of selling the valuable playing assets followed by selling the club.
  • Can only hope it's a case of selling the valuable playing assets followed by selling the club.

It's not. I'm sure of that. Cousins and JBG were always off and I think Pope was a bit of a surprise. Watt going on loan along with Sarr is costing money with no benefit. He's no intention of selling.

It's not. I'm sure of that. Cousins and JBG were always off and I think Pope was a bit of a surprise. Watt going on loan along with Sarr is costing money with no benefit. He's no intention of selling.

Unfortunately this makes sense

Not to a property developer I hope
  • But what about what Rio said?

We're gonna be rich I tell ya, rich.
  • Thread bare injured 11 with no squad depth at all, it's going to be a long long season.
  • It's all getting a bit depressing, sign someone soon please
  • Sponsored links:

• Transfer window not closed yet

Agree squad is too thin, agree regime track record is terrible, agree KM hasn't got a clue but......

Slade has recruited well so far on the face of it and he could do so again if allowed to.

I'm not optimistic but it's too early to make a final judgement IMHO

Let's see what the squad is v Bury and on 2 Sept. Then we'll see.

Failing that, those 4 seats from the museum can be used in our dugout for all our substitutes!

Agree squad is too thin, agree regime track record is terrible, agree KM hasn't got a clue but......

Slade has recruited well so far on the face of it and he could do so again if allowed to.

Although this makes sense, the last two and a half years is causing the nag stove and glass half empty views and comments. I reckon players are turning us down because of our owners reputation within the game
  • Could certainly do with ink drying on signatures for a decent goalie, centre back or two, winger or two....

If we make a two good signings a week between now and transfer window closing, we may be ok.

Hmmm probably spent all at once on Ajose! ! £800,000 we think yes!? Could Sheffield Utd etc afford that? I'm not defending KM or RD by the way! Just saying!
  • uie2 said:

Hmmm probably spent all at once on Ajose! ! £800,000 we think yes!? Could Sheffield Utd etc afford that? I'm not defending KM or RD by the way! Just saying!
    Ajose, ready injured and out for god knows how long. Ticks all the boxes
  • uie2 said:

Have Sheff Utd received circa 5 million in incoming fees? Not to mention the amount of wages freed up.

I'm with Henners on this one.

Although I'm now starting to feel worried there is still plenty of time left to get players in,

However, if we don't get another half a dozen in within the next few weeks then not only are we looking at another poor season but even looking at joining Pompy in League 2./

I'm with Henners on this one.

Although I'm now starting to feel worried there is still plenty of time left to get players in,

However, if we don't get another half a dozen in within the next few weeks then not only are we looking at another poor season but even looking at joining Pompy in League 2./
    No we won't. Pompey will be coming up this year ;).

It's terrible design that the transfer window doesn't close until around a month after the season starts, especially in a year with two senior international tournaments, one end mid-July, and players putting off moves until the end of the tournament or following their holidays. There's still around six weeks of the window left, which is technically how long it's been open. In general I hate the brinksmanship of the last day(s) of the window, but it's also particularly galling given that clubs could start August and September with entirely different teams.
  • Sheffield United rejected a bid for Che Adams today, in the region of 1 million.
  • Matt Ingram former Wycombe GK now third choice at Qpr being touted for season long loan with us.