Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Henderson's move to Forest close to being finalised. Cardiff's Simon Moore is a possible replacement and is available for loan.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=120190
  • So they didnt anticipate Nick Pope going (Fair enough) but who else has gone that they didnt expect... Naby Sarr?
  • So they didnt anticipate Nick Pope going (Fair enough) but who else has gone that they didnt expect... Naby Sarr?

Watt perhaps, not that he's officially left yet.
  • Scoham said:

So they didnt anticipate Nick Pope going (Fair enough) but who else has gone that they didnt expect... Naby Sarr?

Watt perhaps, not that he's officially left yet.
    Nah you'd have thought he was always on his way out after Blackburn and Cardiff loans last season
  • Don't like the idea of a keeper on loan.
    Plus surely we've got a few quid now to sign one permanently.
    What the hell is the strategy this summer? It looked like there was a plan when Slade and then Novak, Holmes and Ajose arrived.
    That's since gone out the window.
    And no information on Ajose's injury. Is he a long term absentee or is it just a knock as barely reported?
  • Sponsored links:

• Tom Heaton just signed a new 4 year deal at Burnley. Not sure when Pope expects to get a look in, what a waste.

I can see Burnley looking to sell Heaton (possibly next Summer), with the fee being increased by the new deal...

He could well be England's no 1 sooner rather than later.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36844310

Unless Lionel Messi or Neymar are prepared to swap Barcelona for Nottingham Forest, the Championship club will stay patient in the transfer market, says boss Philippe Montanier.

Tom Heaton just signed a new 4 year deal at Burnley. Not sure when Pope expects to get a look in, what a waste.

I can see Burnley looking to sell Heaton (possibly next Summer), with the fee being increased by the new deal...

He could well be England's no 1 sooner rather than later.
    I doubt that. Currently he's 4th choice behind Hart, Forster and Butland. If Ben Foster had been fit enough to go to the Euros, he might have been ahead of Heaton as well
  • Ajose injury is:

his foot
    his heel
    his groin
    his knee

dont really matter where it is does it ? lost for the duration
  • Trouble is... Pope up until this season wasnt getting game time in the Championship so had to drop to League Two (twice) to play any matches, finally this season he managed to play in the Championship far more often than I bet even he expected

Now despite relegation (to a League which is still higher than anything he's ever regularly played at before) he's decided to jump up above the Championship into a League he wont play at for another good couple of years,

I am disappointed to an extent as I thought he was a Footballer who'd want to play rather than sit on the bench

Really don't understand players of that age going to a club to sit on the bench just for the money
  • Valley11 said:

Don't like the idea of a keeper on loan.
    What the hell is the strategy this summer? It looked like there was a plan when Slade and then Novak, Holmes and Ajose arrived.
    And no information on Ajose's injury. Is he a long term absentee or is it just a knock as barely reported?

Ask Doucher, he seems to be on board with it :wink:
  • Valley11 said:

Its a constant game of Jenga between Roland and Katie as they sit by the coffee table.

Each person takes it in turns to pull a piece of the puzzle out of the block before placing a new piece precariously at the top
  • Ajose injury is:

his foot
    his heel
    his groin
    his knee

dont really matter where it is does it ? lost for the duration

I heard he got an Austrian wasp sting on the bollocks because of the way he wears his shorts.
  • Saw Dean Brill when he was a youngster at Luton. Decent goalkeeper, a lot of the Luton Town fans felt he'd moved higher up (this was during their descent, they were in L1 at the time). He looked overweight and his distribution was poor. Going on pictures from last year, doesn't seem to be taking care of himself much better these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tom Heaton just signed a new 4 year deal at Burnley. Not sure when Pope expects to get a look in, what a waste.

Pope expects to earn £500K pa or more I suspect. I bet he's gutted.
    Close...£350K...which is over 3 x what he was earning here. Not really anything he could do except take it while it was on offer. Good luck to him.
  • edited July 2016
    Valley11 said:

I feel a bit like a scratched record, but WE haven't got a few quid THE NETWORK HAS and it depends whether RD is prepared to let us have a few Euros of it.
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I agree, although Scott Carson won player of the year while on loan.
    And we got relegated.
    Thuram did well on loan....
  • Watt has gone to Hearts (Official)
  • Pedro45 said:

Watt has gone to Hearts (Official)

• No mention of any deals in the pipeline
  • Valley11 said:

No mention of any deals in the pipeline

Think Slade got a few Viennese Chocolates down the market for about £5?
  • Good job the squad is coming back. We've lost 5 players since they've been out there!