Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• IT_Andy said:

Bringing in an assistant is the best he's going to get. KM has probably told Slade to work with the players he's got and a bad a bad workman blames his tools, some rubbish like that.

Dont talk shit, no self respecting well established manager would take the job, not as if he would have been short for offers.
  • Unless something dramatic happens with lots of new signings, we are fucked.

You honestly think that things aren't lined up... its part of a transfer merry go round
    I reckon we need at least 6 additional players, how many do you think we have lined up and agreed?
    Slade clearly stated when he joined there will be wheeling and dealing. The club are getting the big hitters off of the wage bill before they can go in for others simple economics.
    History suggests otherwise but I admire your optimism.

You honestly think that things aren't lined up... its part of a transfer merry go round
    I reckon we need at least 6 additional players, how many do you think we have lined up and agreed?
    Slade clearly stated when he joined there will be wheeling and dealing. The club are getting the big hitters off of the wage bill before they can go in for others simple economics.
    What history suggests different ??
    Ha ha. Have you been in a coma for the last 2 seasons ?
  • Tom Heaton just signed a new 4 year deal at Burnley. Not sure when Pope expects to get a look in, what a waste.
  • Tom Heaton just signed a new 4 year deal at Burnley. Not sure when Pope expects to get a look in, what a waste.

Pope expects to earn £500K pa or more I suspect. I bet he's gutted.
  • Tom Heaton was largely 'wasting' his career in the Man United reserves & then went to Bristol City where he didn't impress anyone really. Hard to say Pope is wasting his time
  • edited July 2016

Trouble is... Pope up until this season wasnt getting game time in the Championship so had to drop to League Two (twice) to play any matches, finally this season he managed to play in the Championship far more often than I bet even he expected

Now despite relegation (to a League which is still higher than anything he's ever regularly played at before) he's decided to jump up above the Championship into a League he wont play at for another good couple of years,

I am disappointed to an extent as I thought he was a Footballer who'd want to play rather than sit on the bench

I suppose he feels he can play some games in a few years when he's set for life.

I doubt Randolph, Elliot & Hamer have any regrets.
  • someone a few pages back said Pope had been told he'd be on the bench and would play cup games
  • Sponsored links:

• someone a few pages back said Pope had been told he'd be on the bench and would play cup games

Yeah heard this too...

2015/16 ... Lost in League Cup 2nd Round (First game) / Won FA Cup 3rd Round... Lost 4th Round
    2014/15 ... Lost in League Cup 2nd Round (First game) / Drew FA Cup 3rd Round... Lost the Replay
    2013/14 ... Reached the Fourth Round of the League Cup / Lost FA Cup 3rd Round

So yeah dont expect to be playing much Popey... Burnley's Cup Record is worse than ours over recent seasons!!

Yeah heard this too...

2015/16 ... Lost in League Cup 2nd Round (First game) / Won FA Cup 3rd Round... Lost 4th Round
    2014/15 ... Lost in League Cup 2nd Round (First game) / Drew FA Cup 3rd Round... Lost the Replay
    2013/14 ... Reached the Fourth Round of the League Cup / Lost FA Cup 3rd Round

So yeah dont expect to be playing much Popey... Burnley's Cup Record is worse than ours over recent seasons!!
    I suspect he will cope okay when he looks at his bank statements whilst sitting on the bench at Old Trafford

2 years is hardly history, 2 years would be classed as over the last couple of seasons.

2 years is hardly history, 2 years would be classed as over the last couple of seasons.
    The history of this regime.
  • Hamer was slagged off for going to Leicester knowing he wouldn't play, Pope is just as bad, if not worse seeing as he does have genuine potential.
  • Hamer was slagged off for going to Leicester knowing he wouldn't play, Pope is just as bad, if not worse seeing as he does have genuine potential.

It's not worse. Hamer is sitting behind a top class keeper of similar age to himself. Pope is behind a keeper in the final years of his career and will be brought through as his successor.
  • Heaton's 30, as GK could potentially play in the Prem until his late 30s.

It's not worse. Hamer is sitting behind a top class keeper of similar age to himself. Pope is behind a keeper in the final years of his career and will be brought through as his successor.
    Heaton will likely be playing for another 4-5 years minimum. That'll take Pope up to 28-29 and while that's arguably him prime I wouldn't think that 5 seasons playing 10 games a season will do him much good.

Heaton will likely be playing for another 4-5 years minimum. That'll take Pope up to 28-29 and while that's arguably him prime I wouldn't think that 5 seasons playing 10 games a season will do him much good.
    Point taken, but he'll be earning better money at a better club while doing it and will probably be loaned out anyway. Plus he's only an injury to Heaton away from playing Premier League football, like Elliot has this past season.
  • Sponsored links:

Last season. The season before. The Stevens give away. The cheap sell off of kermogant to a team who won promotion to the Prem with him. The insertion of a clown as goalkeeper. Should I go on?

Us getting a reasonable fee for Pope has probably lessened the negative thoughts

He also doesn't have a silly hipster beard
  • It's at centre back that I'm really concerned. Tex we are told will probably depart. Leaving an injured Bauer who won't have had a pre season. Roger Johnson and An injured Lennon. Seems to me we need two to come in.

Bauer told us last night that he'll be training again next week. Lennon said he's out for three to four weeks.

5 years ago he was playing for Bury Town and living with his parents.

5 years from now he'll probably have millions in the bank and be about to play regular premiership football.

I always hear people say "It's such a short career" and "But footballer just want to play football" but he will only need to work until he's 35 and he'll be made for life. Forgive me if I don't lose sleep over it
  • Where's @Redhenry for a decent rumour roundup?
  • The speed players are departing will we have a starting 11

I'm going to take away your spade, that hole is quite deep enough.

Last season. The season before. The Stevens give away. The cheap sell off of kermogant to a team who won promotion to the Prem with him. The insertion of a clown as goalkeeper. Should I go on?

Not history though is it,two years, however we as well as other clubs in the past have given players away cheaply and in the same breath picked up players for peanuts, swings and roundabouts

I'm going to take away your spade, that hole is quite deep enough.
    hey, that's russell's spade