Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Michael McGovern: Norwich City sign Northern Ireland goalkeeper

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36837472

Maybe loan Declan Rudd from Norwich?
  • Apart from perhaps signing a couple of the triallists, we are probably only looking at 1 or 2 season long loans now.
  • johnny73 said:

Apart from perhaps signing a couple of the triallists, we are probably only looking at 1 or 2 season long loans now.

My gut worries that is indeed the case but the middle of July is too early to suggest that's going to be true.
  • http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/10506323/fulham-sign-brentford-goalkeeper-david-button

Fulham have signed David Button from Brentford and guess what... Undisclosed Fee
  • Redrobo said:

Michael McGovern: Norwich City sign Northern Ireland goalkeeper

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36837472

Maybe loan Declan Rudd from Norwich?
    Or even Dave Rudd.
  • http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/10506323/fulham-sign-brentford-goalkeeper-david-button

Fulham have signed David Button from Brentford and guess what... Undisclosed Fee

Hmmm I wonder if they'll be in for their ex stopper Simon Moore?
  • Valley11 said:

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/10506323/fulham-sign-brentford-goalkeeper-david-button

They signed Daniel Bentley from Southend a few weeks ago so I'd expect him to be the replacement.
  • According to Ketts, Henderson has gone, he has cleared his things out. Also he states we are interested in Wes Foderingham, Simon Moore, Dean Brill and Williams. At this precise moment in time we have Dillon Phillips and Dimi Mitov.
  • edited July 2016
    Dean Brill only signed for Motherwell at the end of June

Reckon if we sign anyone it'll be between Simon Moore or Owein Fon Williams
  • Valley11 said:

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/10506323/fulham-sign-brentford-goalkeeper-david-button

They signed Daniel Bentley from Southend a few weeks ago so I'd expect him to be the replacement.

Valley11 said:

Oh yeah, forgot that
  • Sponsored links:

• Dean Brill only signed for Motherwell at the end of June

Reckon if we sign anyone it'll be between Simon Moore or Owein Fon Williams

Dean Brill would be...errr Brilliant.

But, yes you're right, either Williams or Moore
  • And so the cycle continues. Players leave without replacements being lined up. Big difference between being interested in and signing.

We all knew most of those gone or leaving were out the door, its just the pathetic cack-handed response that grates.

They told us they've learned from their mistakes. They haven't and its happening again. Only this time they don't have a loan window safety net.

£20 placed on us to get relegated again.

This.
  • And so the cycle continues. Players leave without replacements being lined up. Big difference between being interested in and signing.

We all knew most of those gone or leaving were out the door, its just the pathetic cack-handed response that grates.

They told us they've learned from their mistakes. They haven't and its happening again. Only this time they don't have a loan window safety net.

£20 placed on us to get relegated again.

Have placed the very same bet myself Clem - not a bet I'd take pleasure in collecting winnings on, but may as well pick up some money amid the misery.
  • It's at centre back that I'm really concerned. Tex we are told will probably depart. Leaving an injured Bauer who won't have had a pre season. Roger Johnson and An injured Lennon. Seems to me we need two to come in.
  • It's at centre back that I'm really concerned. Tex we are told will probably depart. Leaving an injured Bauer who won't have had a pre season. Roger Johnson and An injured Lennon. Seems to me we need two to come in.

Reckon Lewis Buxton will be one of those though seeing he's been around for a lot of pre-season now.

Same with Andrew Crofts and Kevin Foley, only reason they wont sign I reckon is if they realise what a tight bar steward Roland is or what a lying two faced... erm lovely person Katrien is
  • I mentioned Brill and Foderingham the other day after someone said we were looking at a goalkeeper based in Scotland with FL experience.

I then went through all the squads of teams in the Scottish premiership and looked at the goalkeepers and that was how I came up with that list. Therefore I wouldn't read too much into them.

The goalkeeper at Cardiff however seems to have unanimous support in that he would be a great signing.

I think we will probably only see one. I will wait until the end of August before I comment further about what squad we have. But the signs are not good.

• Unless something dramatic happens with lots of new signings, we are fucked.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

Unless something dramatic happens with lots of new signings, we are fucked.

You honestly think that things aren't lined up... its part of a transfer merry go round
    I reckon we need at least 6 additional players, how many do you think we have lined up and agreed?

You honestly think that things aren't lined up... its part of a transfer merry go round
    I reckon we need at least 6 additional players, how many do you think we have lined up and agreed?
    Slade clearly stated when he joined there will be wheeling and dealing. The club are getting the big hitters off of the wage bill before they can go in for others simple economics.
  • shirty5 said:

With someone sensible running the operation then yes, but we taking about these clowns here. Do you trust them? I wouldn't trust them to wipe their own backside correctly
    Not to mention the quality of the signings.
  • shirty5 said:

With someone sensible running the operation then yes, but we taking about these clowns here. Do you trust them? I wouldn't trust them to wipe their own backside correctly
    Slade is now in charge of the transfer targets and i am sure whilst he has been away he has sat with the backroom team and identified targets and the process will commence when they get back. If a player wants to go let him go, we have just got £1.1 million for a keeper who everyone was slagging off at the start of the season, Cousins is alright not as good as people rate him on here seen better, JBG couldnt be arsed last season and was on £25k a week, move on that is football, seen worse

Slade clearly stated when he joined there will be wheeling and dealing. The club are getting the big hitters off of the wage bill before they can go in for others simple economics.
    If that's correct great but l have just lost all faith in the liars that run the club. Just hope Slade is listened to rather than sold a pup, only time will tell.

• One goalkeeper, another also perhaps, 1 centreback (providing bauer and tex stay, if not 2), 2 centre mids (1 creative and 1 holding), 1 winger (maybe a loan from a higher team) and 1 other striker we need by my calculations.

I agree with most on here though that we should reserve judgement, they may be removing the players and freeing up funds and wages to continue recruitment. It has likely been quiet because we have been away in Austria, will pick up when we are back. Only activity has been outgoings, but that has been because teams have come in for them whilst we were away.
  • Foderingham just signed a new deal at rangers so it won't be him
  • Bringing in an assistant is the best he's going to get. KM has probably told Slade to work with the players he's got and a bad a bad workman blames his tools, some rubbish like that.