Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• edited July 2016

If we make a two good signings a week between now and transfer window closing, we may be ok.

Think we all agree we need more new blood - but 2 a week, for the remainder of the transfer window, would be about another 12. Might be excessive.
  • I will be disappointed if we loan a goalkeeper.
  • I originally wrote 1 to 2 a week than thought the window closed in 3 weeks so upped it.
  • I see now, having looked it up, it's end August lock down.

Exactly six weeks from today is 31 August.

We will have played 5 league games by then.
  • Dean Brill only signed for Motherwell at the end of June

Reckon if we sign anyone it'll be between Simon Moore or Owein Fon Williams

Dean Brill would be...errr Brilliant.

But, yes you're right, either Williams or Moore
    F*** Ricky that was soooo poor.
    Come on mate - I can't get it right all of the time
  • Stilian Petrov?
  • From my point of view I'm keeping my powder dry and waiting to see what transpires. I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with the size of the squad and seeing people leaving with little activity inbound, but I'll not condemn yet.
    RS and the squad have just returned from Austria, I guess he will now start to look at getting recruits in. If come the Bury game we are not much further on then my concerns will be rising substantially, if come Aug 31 we are still scrabbling around and results have not been great or even good, then my powder will no longer be dry and i will wholeheartedly condemn the hopeless ones. However we have 6 weeks in total, lets just see what, if anything, unfolds.
  • tajaddick said:

Matt Ingram former Wycombe GK now third choice at Qpr being touted for season long loan with us.

Christ, we are now going for third choice QPR goalkeeper - Despise these Belgians
  • Sponsored links:

• Transfer window not closed yet

Agree squad is too thin, agree regime track record is terrible, agree KM hasn't got a clue but......

Slade has recruited well so far on the face of it and he could do so again if allowed to.

I'm not optimistic but it's too early to make a final judgement IMHO

Let's see what the squad is v Bury and on 2 Sept. Then we'll see.

Why are you not optimistic? I'm sure it is the same reason I am not either. The answer to that says all that needs to be said.
  • J BLOCK said:

tajaddick said:

Matt Ingram former Wycombe GK now third choice at Qpr being touted for season long loan with us.

Christ, we are now going for third choice QPR goalkeeper - Despise these Belgians
    They probably told pinnochio they would sort us out with a loan as part of the Cousins deal, you see she's not as stupid as she looks, (she couldn't be). Matt Ingram drew the short straw.
  • Dean Brill only signed for Motherwell at the end of June

Reckon if we sign anyone it'll be between Simon Moore or Owein Fon Williams

Dean Brill would be...errr Brilliant.

But, yes you're right, either Williams or Moore
    F*** Ricky that was soooo poor.
    Come on mate - I can't get it right all of the time
    Lol
  • Just seen that Teixeira commented 'Hope you stay Patrick' on Bauers latest Instagram post... Interesting?
  • edited July 2016

Just seen that Teixeira commented 'Hope you stay Patrick' on Bauers latest Instagram post... Interesting?

Stay where? He was talking about staying in at the Brighton hotel room they're sharing while they wait for their double transfer to be finalised.

Paddy wanted a night out on the town but Tex was feeling a bit lonely and wanted to stay in to catch up on Hollyoaks.
  • Just seen that Teixeira commented 'Hope you stay Patrick' on Bauers latest Instagram post... Interesting?

Oh great.

• I've heard of a great negotiating tactic where we loan out our players and sub the wages while their contract runs down.

The other club says maybe if they do good then it will be permanent and our wages sub will fall away.

If they don't do so well the loan may be extended and we get to pay wages on a depreciating asset.

Happy days.
  • Think they're pretty good mates though, could have been them mucking about.
  • Sponsored links:

• There's plenty of time left if you need one or two players. We need an entire XI. It's not going to happen.

Is Ajose really injured already?
  • Just over two weeks to go now until Bury, so we need to get cracking in view of the big gaps in both the team and the squad generally. Subject to further departures and the consequential need for replacements, we need - at a minimum - an experienced goalie, at least one central defender and a couple of central midfield players, at least one of whom is capable of playing a forward pass and running with the ball. Hopefully, we'll get one or two in this week.

Yes, the transfer window doesn't close until the end of August, but any manager wants the lion's share of business done before the season gets underway and I'm quite sure that Slade will be no different. There is, to an extent, a 'domino effect' in terms of player movement but, at our level, the majority of deals towards the end of August tend to be loans and/or borne out of desperation.
  • edited July 2016
  • Top stuff. If he's half as successful as the last bloke called Connor who signed on loan from Everton he'll be a sure fire hit.
    Great. Charlton Ath....helping to give games to premier league teenagers who won't make it.
    Guess the Belgians have decided they can't afford David Davis.
  • A winger apparently
  • Oh good we're signing Conor mcaleny again
  • #inkatywetrust